Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

XBox 360

Options
  • 05-09-2019 12:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭

I know they are not made anymore but my son, who doesn't have a console yet, has been buying Nintendo 360 games at his school fares for the last few years. We must have about 20 games already, despite me trying to get him to stop! So he's asking Santa for a Nintendo 360 this year to play all of these games on.
    My question is, can they still be bought anywhere new? Google is only producing sites with 2nd hand ones.
    And secondly, are they compatible with modern TVs?
    Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

You mean Xbox 360???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

id suggest you go into a gamestop or smyths and ask them about consoles. its sounds like you are calling every system available a 'nintendo' and are mixing up a microsoft xbox 360 console with the nintendo switch console, which is likley what your kid wants for christmas

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I believe Nintendo has become synonymous with gaming once again, regardless of actual format.

There are a lot of people completely unaware of the scene so that such brands are quite unfamiliar so mistakes are understandable.

But it is likely that the console is the Xbox 360, a fine machine with a great library of games.
    Alternatively it could be the Nintendo Wii.

It should be clearly written on the game disk what format it is for.

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭Salthillprom

You mean Xbox 360???
    Sorry yeh. I'm CLUELESS about it all as you can see...

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I believe Nintendo has become synonymous with gaming once again, regardless of actual format.

There are a lot of people completely unaware of the scene so that such brands are quite unfamiliar so mistakes are understandable.

But it is likely that the console is the Xbox 360, a fine machine with a great library of games.
    Alternatively it could be the Nintendo Wii.

It should be clearly written on the game disk what format it is for.
    Yes it's an Xbox 360. Apologies, I thought that was a Nintendo console.
    My son is only 7 years old, so he's young and has built up a collection of the disks since he started primary school. He now wants to play them all and hence I'm trying to match up the console to the games, rather than the other way around!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

Yes it's an Xbox 360. Apologies, I thought that was a Nintendo console.
    My son is only 7 years old, so he's young and has built up a collection of the disks since he started primary school. He now wants to play them all and hence I'm trying to match up the console to the games, rather than the other way around!

You can pick up a second hand one for €60 or less in CEX stores. Amazon has them for roughly the same price.
    If you have any questions about any different models and the likes just ask here.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

You can pick up a second hand one for €60 or less in CEX stores. Amazon has them for roughly the same price.
    If you have any questions about any different models and the likes just ask here.

60 in GameStop too

Thanks so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Mod: Since this is about the Xbox 360 and nothing to do with Nintendo, I'm going to move this thread to the correct forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

I got my 5 year old son a used Xbox 360 from GameStop with a long warranty and have been picking up second hand games in cex, GameStop and adverts, he absolutely loves it and was a great cheap way to introduce him to gaming, it cane in a move shiny new box and would be perfect even from Santa

• Advertisement
Advertisement