Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vermeer Exhibition

• 10-07-2017 11:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭

Has anyone been to the Vermeer Exhibition at the National Gallery? I'm hearing that the queues are horrendous?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 445 ✭✭Academic

Has anyone been to the Vermeer Exhibition at the National Gallery? I'm hearing that the queues are horrendous?

You might get more reliable information if you post on the Dublin forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭Fakediamond

Ta, wasn't sure where to ask.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

I didn't think the queues would be that bad. I just visited about a month ago before the Vermeer exhibition started so I was only going to go again late in the summer anyway.

Someone told me the queue was down the street, she wasn't going to Vermeer but saw the queue when visiting the gallery.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭juicyduckie

Book your tickets online - was there on Wednesday and had the tickets booked and paid for online and walked straight in with no queue at all. :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Someone told me the queue was down the street, she wasn't going to Vermeer but saw the queue when visiting the gallery.

When was this?

Id have to check but I think it was a Saturday, about two weeks ago.

I've booked tickets for a Wednesday in August so hopefully there'll be no problems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭Danco

Was at it this morning and the crowd size was grand (it may be busier later in the day, this was 9.15am). I'd recommend this slot though, it's only a tenner for the first two slots of the day and I got to see all 10 Vermeer canvases on my own for minutes at a time. I'd really recommend going early, it's more than worth it! Would say the suggestion above re: those queues your friend saw being for the reopening of the wings is bang on. At 9.15 there were only about a dozen of us. It was more like 50 people by 10 past ten.

Advertisement