Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Size of Penneys in Sligo and Castlebar

Options
  • 16-09-2019 10:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

Hi there,

I'm holidaying in Westport in a few weeks' time. Will be passing through Sligo and Castlebar on way - can anyone tell me what size the stores are in the two towns. I know the Sligo one is in the town centre which suggests it might be small. No idea about Castlebar. I've been in the massive ones in Letterkenny and Dundalk, also Dun Laoghaire (small) and Mary Street, Dublin if anyone can give a comparison against them.

Seem to find Penneys have more reduced price stock than Primark in the north and so can pick up a bargain at any size of Penneys branch in Ireland!

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭saythatagain

NorthDown2 wrote: »
    Hi there,

I'm holidaying in Westport in a few weeks' time. Will be passing through Sligo and Castlebar on way - can anyone tell me what size the stores are in the two towns. I know the Sligo one is in the town centre which suggests it might be small. No idea about Castlebar. I've been in the massive ones in Letterkenny and Dundalk, also Dun Laoghaire (small) and Mary Street, Dublin if anyone can give a comparison against them.

Seem to find Penneys have more reduced price stock than Primark in the north and so can pick up a bargain at any size of Penneys branch in Ireland!

Thanks

The Castlebar store is very small and doesn't carry a huge stock or range of products. Quite basic.

Sligo is much better. It is of similar size to Letterkenny store, if it's the one in the shopping centre, if memory serves me right.

• Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭Ilovelucy

Ballina is much bigger better and tidier than either Sligo or Castlebar. I’d go there over those two.

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭EmptyTree

If I remember correctly Mary street is over 2/3 floors, so Sligo is about half of that but on one floor.

I agree with what another person said you'd be best off stopping at the store in Ballina as it's apparently one of the largest Pennies in the country.

Hope you have a great time in Westport.

Advertisement