Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Setting up ferguson potato ridger

Options
  • 16-09-2019 6:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

I have a mf 35 and recently got a ridger. What is the best setting for the tractor wheels and mould boards. I remember a neighbour opening drills and planting and then closing the drills. As far as I remember his 35 had a wide wheel base. I would like to do the same as I have not got the planter attachment . Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭The Nutty M

We had an old Ferguson drill plough for planting but it had a few modifications. 3 mould board version. Pulled with a 135. It used to make two planted ridges at a time.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,189 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

I think you need a perfectly working draft control on the tractor and perfectly tight steering, otherwise its very hard to keep the bodies where you want them.
    The wheels should be in line with the two outer bodies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭lab man

you need to put the tractor up on 2 4 inch blocks to level the ridge so tis level when in the ground

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Ellisgarden

Thanks guys for the help. I have checked my ridger and the mould boards are 56 inches centr to centre outside. The centres of back wheels on my 35 are 54 inches. The man that closed all the drills locally is long sinc deadRIP but hi tractor is till in the locality. The way he has the hub dishes gives 56 inches centre. His front axle is showing 2 exposed holes each side. I know he carted a lot of turf off the bog and I heard him say it gave him more stability there. I only sow I cwt of spuds but sticking with the spade is hard on thback and I would love to be able to close the drillls like this neighbour did 50years ago

Advertisement