Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aegean and Olympic

Options
  • 09-09-2019 9:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭

Hi guys I'm terrified of flying on a 737 max or whatever airplane caused those crashes recently? I'm wondering about 2 airlines (Aegean and Olympic) for flights to Greek islands? I've never flown with either airline and want a safe airline. Would these be considered safe? Do they fly that dangerous airplane max?
    Would they be as safe as aer lingus etc

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

No one flies the MAX, its banned globally from flying

Aegean are a world class award winning outfit, everyone gets fed in the cheap seats, they effectively own Olympic

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭dogmatix

As noted above, the MAX is currently banned from flying with airlines everywhere and will moist likely remain so until early 2020. A quick check on the Agean and Olympic websites seems to indicate they do not fly any boeing products - it's all Airbus with a smattering of ATR's and Dash-8's, so no worries!

I had no idea Olympic had shrunk to become such a small airline with just a handful of turboprops - it was once one of the iconic international flag carriers.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

dogmatix wrote: »
    As noted above, the MAX is currently banned from flying with airlines everywhere and will moist likely remain so until early 2020. A quick check on the Agean and Olympic websites seems to indicate they do not fly any boeing products - it's all Airbus with a smattering of ATR's and Dash-8's, so no worries!

I had no idea Olympic had shrunk to become such a small airline with just a handful of turboprops - it was once one of the iconic international flag carriers.

Aye Aegean has taken up the Greek flag, to be fair they serve meals and give free booze which is better than a lot of national airlines on European flights these days!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

i think aegean are mainly airbus their dublin - athens flight certainly is (except you get dinner at 2.30am) flew on it in august.

their flight into naxos was a turboprop - we were on the ferry ! just saw them taking off (i suspect most of the islands that only have internal flights are )

if the island has international flights its possibly a bigger aircraft.

best regional airline 2019
    https://greece.greekreporter.com/2019/04/06/aegean-airlines-named-best-regional-airline-in-europe-2019/

Advertisement