Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from Posting in the Man Utd Thread

Options
  • 06-09-2019 11:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭

i have been banned from posting in the United Thread again by the same mod who has banned me previously. I was banned last Sunday and still havent been given a proper explanation as to why. I have tried to engage with the mod but it seems pointless to me as he seems to have an issue with me.

I told him, since i have come back from my previous ban (for a ridiculous yellow card) my posting has been very positive towards united as it usually is. He said this may be an issue. I cannot see it getting resolved while getting in contact with him.

Last night he sent me random posts that i have posted during the last 6 months as some sort of justification for banning me without any context.

One of the posts he sent me was a reply to a poster who had called me "a prick" previous.

would like to get this resolved asap. There is a clear bully boy tactic from some posters who all gang up, or get sly digs in at me at all times without punishment and i have reported this plenty of times before as have others.

looking forward to hearing from you

thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Hi, thread bans are not within the DRP remit, you need to post in helpdesk.

I'll request this be moved there.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,063 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

And moved from DRP accordingly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

What happens now?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

bangkok wrote: »
    What happens now?

I'll make the mod (admin) aware of your query.

Steve wrote: »
    I'll make the mod (admin) aware of your query.

How long does this normally take?

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,300 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I am fully aware of the thread, but I've been busy elsewhere both in real life and indeed on this site. As you are already aware bangkok I issued the threadban and we have corresponded extensively on this and other issues surrounding your actions particularly in the Manchester United Superthreads

There is a lot of information I intend posting here, although you will have seen most, if not all, of it already. However it does provide context to why you were threadbanned. I will try to get to it over the next day or two.

Beasty wrote: »
    I am fully aware of the thread, but I've been busy elsewhere both in real life and indeed on this site. As you are already aware bangkok I issued the threadban and we have corresponded extensively on this and other issues surrounding your actions particularly in the Manchester United Superthreads

There is a lot of information I intend posting here, although you will have seen most, if not all, of it already. However it does provide context to why you were threadbanned. I will try to get to it over the next day or two.

As i have also said, they dont show the full context of what was happening. The 2nd post in the poster had called me a prick and it was a reply to him. That was after 2 or 3 other abusive posts as well

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,300 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

You think context is important, and I agree with that, so let me provide additional context that you are fully aware of, but anyone reading this thread may not be

You have had various problems in the Soccer forum but for the purposes of this reply I will focus on the past 12 months or so

Going back to September of 2018 you caused a stir in the Man United superthread by claiming comments were made by a player, but those claims were debunked by other posters. This culminated with your second yellow card for the season.

A few weeks later you picked up a two week forum ban for continuing to stir things in the United thread. That also triggered a threadban which you chose to ignore. You started a Help Desk thread about this

After subsequent discussion with the moderator you were permitted to post in the thread again, although that was with an expectation that you would improve your posting and not wind up other thread regulars as you had done previously

Unfortunately those sanctions seemed to have little impact on you, and we continued to get reports of your posting in United Superthreads in a manner to wind others up. I have shared some of the posts in question with you via PM. Looked at in isolation those posts do not look overly bad. This is where context comes into it though. In the context of your prior posts and related sanctions, and indeed additional sanctions I concluded you had not learned any lessons and implemented a new thread ban (one which you once again chose to ignore).

Now one alternative would be to simply dish out more cards which would ultimately result in a permanent forum ban. TBH as a poster in those threads you are simply too much hassle. You wind up other posters, and again I have provided examples of your posts that have been reported because of your continual low-level trolling. Rather than ban you from the forum, I have banned you from the thread in the hope you can reform in a way that may result in you being allowed to post there again

To start I think a permanent ban from posting in United Superthreads is appropriate, which is where we are now. What I suggest is you look at your posting style, and try and show you can discuss matters in a way that is not going to wind up others. Moving goalposts is a common theme among the reports made. You are generally a knowledgeable poster but, in my view knowingly, you post things you know is going to get other United fans worked up

Show me you can post elsewhere in the forum (and indeed on the site) without causing such problems and I would be prepared to reconsider your threadban. I need to see evidence of this though and would certainly not revisit this before the New Year.

Beasty wrote: »
    You think context is important, and I agree with that, so let me provide additional context that you are fully aware of, but anyone reading this thread may not be

You have had various problems in the Soccer forum but for the purposes of this reply I will focus on the past 12 months or so

Going back to September of 2018 you caused a stir in the Man United superthread by claiming comments were made by a player, but those claims were debunked by other posters. This culminated with your second yellow card for the season.

A few weeks later you picked up a two week forum ban for continuing to stir things in the United thread. That also triggered a threadban which you chose to ignore. You started a Help Desk thread about this

After subsequent discussion with the moderator you were permitted to post in the thread again, although that was with an expectation that you would improve your posting and not wind up other thread regulars as you had done previously

Unfortunately those sanctions seemed to have little impact on you, and we continued to get reports of your posting in United Superthreads in a manner to wind others up. I have shared some of the posts in question with you via PM. Looked at in isolation those posts do not look overly bad. This is where context comes into it though. In the context of your prior posts and related sanctions, and indeed additional sanctions I concluded you had not learned any lessons and implemented a new thread ban (one which you once again chose to ignore).

Now one alternative would be to simply dish out more cards which would ultimately result in a permanent forum ban. TBH as a poster in those threads you are simply too much hassle. You wind up other posters, and again I have provided examples of your posts that have been reported because of your continual low-level trolling. Rather than ban you from the forum, I have banned you from the thread in the hope you can reform in a way that may result in you being allowed to post there again

To start I think a permanent ban from posting in United Superthreads is appropriate, which is where we are now. What I suggest is you look at your posting style, and try and show you can discuss matters in a way that is not going to wind up others. Moving goalposts is a common theme among the reports made. You are generally a knowledgeable poster but, in my view knowingly, you post things you know is going to get other United fans worked up

Show me you can post elsewhere in the forum (and indeed on the site) without causing such problems and I would be prepared to reconsider your threadban. I need to see evidence of this though and would certainly not revisit this before the New Year.

Moving goalposts is a running joke. That gif is regularly rolled out by some of the same posters in the middle of some of the discussions just as recently as the sanchez argument where i was 100% correct as proven by facts. If some posters have issues with that then the forum is a joke.

Basically everyone has to think the same or else you are winding up other posters? Really???!!

Also could i have another mod to look into this please as i feel you have your mind made up already.

• Advertisement
Advertisement