Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What tie with beige suit?

Options
  • 22-08-2019 10:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

Have a wedding next week and have a beige suit I'm thinking of wearing. Have either a light blue or white shirt to pair with it. (White looks the most crisp IMO) but I'm just wondering what colour tie would look well with it? Black is the most obvious colour but is that a bit boring for a wedding, or is the suit colour loud enough that a subtle tie would be best?

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Light blue shirt and navy tie looks great with those light beige tones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭MrMiata

I'm a fan of knitted ties.

What colour hair, complexion and eyes do you have?

We could recommend an orange but if you're red haired it wouldn't really go.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Duff

MrMiata wrote: »
    I'm a fan of knitted ties.

What colour hair, complexion and eyes do you have?

We could recommend an orange but if you're red haired it wouldn't really go.

I've brown hair, pale-ish skin and blue eyes. Don't think I'd be a fan of orange tbh but a knitted tie does sound nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Actually, my knitted navy tie is probably my most used. It adds lovely texture to an outfit.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

Is a wedding in Ireland or somewhere warmer. If it's warmer location then I would use some lighter colours, white shirt and nothing knitted. If it's this type of weather then you can just about pick whatever you like.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Duff

meeeeh wrote: »
    Is a wedding in Ireland or somewhere warmer. If it's warmer location then I would use some lighter colours, white shirt and nothing knitted. If it's this type of weather then you can just about pick whatever you like.

Nah, it's in Costa Del Carlingford!:pac: I found a nice light blue knitted and wine knitted ties online, and I think I'll buy both. Thanks for the help, lads!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 DJTrump

Crisp white shirt with dark brown / maroon silk tie or knitted black. Will look slick.

Advertisement