Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tinted windows and insurance company

2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 328 ✭✭HailSatan

What do you mean?

The stats will reveal all

HailSatan wrote: »
    The stats will reveal all

I wonder why the insurance industry has never published detailed statistics of claims though. It may be I missed it and someone can point me to them.

I wonder why the insurance industry has never published detailed statistics of claims though. It may be I missed it and someone can point me to them.

I like the freaknomics kinda vibe of these stats indicating that people who purchase second hand cars with poor spec or broken radios become more likely to crash having upgraded them, and thus for the sake of road safety there should be minimum standards both for features and longevity of the factory radios.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,368 ✭✭✭bladespin

What stats have you seen?

Many, I've written many process control routines in my time.
    Del2005 wrote: »
    But you can frame the question or remove "outliers" to get any answer you want

Don't forget the saying. "There's 3 types of lies. Lies, damn lies and statistics"

Very, the RSA are masters of this, particularly when it comes to motorbike surveys (though I guess young male drivers will be next):

How often do you drive above the speed limit?

a. every day
    b. twice per day
    c. three times per day etc etc. :mad:

TBH I doubt if stereo modding counts for a whole lot with insurance profiles, but as an aftermarket accessory it would make potential claims for damage and theft interesting etc etc. They do this with bikes all the time, it's not so much the performance gained from the part, it's the increased desirability and replacement costs, my 2c.

MasteryDarts Ireland - Master your game!

bladespin wrote: »
    Many, I've written many process control routines in my time.

What relevant stats have you seen

What relevant stats have you seen

What process are you interested in?

What process are you interested in?

A relevant one

A relevant one

They're all relevant if someone's willing to pay to have it done :), maybe elaborate a little on what you want to find out from your survey and I can help?
    What are you trying to measure? What controls are in place? What attributes are beyond your current control?

They're all relevant if someone's willing to pay to have it done :), maybe elaborate a little on what you want to find out from your survey and I can help?
    What are you trying to measure? What controls are in place? What attributes are beyond your current control?

Nobody but you brought this up. You are in the wrong place if you use theft statistics from the insurance industry for process control.

Relevant insurance stats. What insurance stats have you seen that are relevant to this thread.

• Advertisement

Nobody but you brought this up. You are in the wrong place if you use theft statistics from the insurance industry for process control.

Don’t remember saying I do.

Relevant insurance stats. What insurance stats have you seen that are relevant to this thread.

well ok then, approx 1% of posters will read a sarcastic comment about how insurance companies monitor risk and completely misinterpret said comment.

Don’t remember saying I do.

well ok then, approx 1% of posters will read a sarcastic comment about how insurance companies monitor risk and completely misinterpret said comment.

I didn't say you did.

What relevant statistics have you seen to support your initial post?

Is it too much to assume that you were (you thought) posting something relevant to the matter at hand when you said "statistics don't lie"

I didn't say you did.

What relevant statistics have you seen to support your initial post?

Is it too much to assume that you were (you thought) posting something relevant to the matter at hand when you said "statistics don't lie"

Sarcasm, guess it’s lost on you.

Sarcasm, guess it’s lost on you.

;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Big Insurance called and made me close this

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement