Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Gearbox, 06 Corsa

Options
  • 17-09-2019 12:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭

Wife has 06 Corsa. Driving tonight, the gear box suddenly came very loose. She pulled over. Car will start and go very slowly , cant change gear, gear stick is very loose. I put it into reverse and it went foward 🀣🙈

Any ideas lads?

Ta

Comments

kayevajo wrote: »
    Wife has 06 Corsa. Driving tonight, the gear box suddenly came very loose. She pulled over. Car will start and go very slowly , cant change gear, gear stick is very loose. I put it into reverse and it went foward 🀣🙈

Any ideas lads?

Ta

Gear selector linkage is broken. Common fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I doubt it's the gearbox and more than likely the selector. Well pray it is the selector as a gearbox job(removal and replace with a replacement) is expensive and then you may as well change the clutch while at it and inspect the fly wheel(may need to be replaced as well but I doubt it).

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭kayevajo

JayZeus wrote: »
    Gear selector linkage is broken. Common fault.

This an expensive job u reckon?

kayevajo wrote: »
    This an expensive job u reckon?

Depends who does it. About 2 hours total for labour plus the parts, costing somewhere between €50-100.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭kayevajo

JayZeus wrote: »
    Depends who does it. About 2 hours total for labour plus the parts, costing somewhere between €50-100.

Great thank s

I assume it would not e a good idea to drive it to a garage?

• Advertisement
Advertisement