Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accessing Boards On My Mobile Phone

Options
  • 14-08-2019 9:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭

Hi, Until recently was was able to access Boards on my mobile phone using version 1 of the boards app. Recently this has stopped working. I appreciate that I can access boards om my mobile via touch.boards.ie. However I don't find this method of viewing boards a satisfying experience. Are there any plans to sort out the problems with the V1 boards app?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭pl4ichjgy17zwd

It's because of the upped cloudflare protection. It will work again if/when they rollback the added security

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

Hi Gooser14, as Booters said Cloudflare protection has been ramped up. This seems to cut off access for the now unsupported apps. Users should be able to access Boards via the app now, or if not then in the coming days. However, as I say, the apps are unsupported so this isn't something that we can investigate thoroughly. Once Cloudflare believes there isn't suspicious activity, access should be restored, but I'm afraid I don't have a timeline on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

Unable to access Boards via the App on my Android Samsung. Still available via Google.

Boards.ie Employee

Hi First Up, I've merged your thread into another one on the same topic. Please see explanation above.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭Gooser14

Hi Gooser14, as Booters said Cloudflare protection has been ramped up. This seems to cut off access for the now unsupported apps. Users should be able to access Boards via the app now, or if not then in the coming days. However, as I say, the apps are unsupported so this isn't something that we can investigate thoroughly. Once Cloudflare believes there isn't suspicious activity, access should be restored, but I'm afraid I don't have a timeline on this.

Thanks Mark.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,897 ✭✭✭DoctorEdgeWild

If it helps at all, I use m.boards.ie and it's great. Very rarely interrupted by the Cloudflare stuff even though I use it abroad. Might not be around forever but it's my favourite way to use boards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭Pineapple1

Hi the Boards app on my android hasnt been working for a couple of weeks now. Its just a blank white screen with the blue boards banner at the top of the screen. What might the issue be with the app?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭irishgirl19

Hi guys is there any issue with the app for android?
    It just stopped showing threads one day so I uninstalled it and when I went to reinstall it the app is gone from the play store?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭TheRepentent

Hi guys is there any issue with the app for android?
    It just stopped showing threads one day so I uninstalled it and when I went to reinstall it the app is gone from the play store?
    Don't think its an official app

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

From here:
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058005981
    We have also gotten questions about the now unsupported app. When Cloudflare ramps up, it seems that the app is no longer able to access the data that it needs to function. While these issues are ongoing, we recommend using touch.boards.ie for mobile browsing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Thread moved to Help Desk as it is not Feedback

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭irishgirl19

Thanks. I miss it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Heebie

I was having this same issue. I've had a similar issue in the past, which was cleared up by clearing my cache and data for the boards app.
    I did the same thing two days ago, and now instead of a white screen, I cannot login.
    When trying to login, I get the message: "Login Error. Please try again."

I mainly use Boards via the app, so this is a bummer for me. :(

I'm on a Samsung S8 with all the latest updates to the OS etc..

Boards.ie Employee

Hi folks, Cloudflare security was ramped up with recent suspicious activity on the site. This seems to remove access from the unsupported apps. As Cloudflare dials down, normal service will resume; unfortunately I don't have a timescale on this for you. In the meantime, we recommend using touch.boards.ie for mobile access.

Boards.ie Employee

Just merging a couple of app related threads together. Access should be restored when Cloudflare dials down, but I'm afraid we're unsure when this might allow app access again. Sorry for the disruption.

Just merging a couple of app related threads together. Access should be restored when Cloudflare dials down, but I'm afraid we're unsure when this might allow app access again. Sorry for the disruption.
    Any update on this?

Boards.ie Employee

Cloudflare security should roll back further this week.

Seems to be back.

Thanks

Gooser14 wrote:
    Hi, Until recently was was able to access Boards on my mobile phone using version 1 of the boards app. Recently this has stopped working. I appreciate that I can access boards om my mobile via touch.boards.ie. However I don't find this method of viewing boards a satisfying experience. Are there any plans to sort out the problems with the V1 boards app?

It's back for me now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Heebie

Gooser14 wrote:
    It's back for me now.

For me as well! :)

• Advertisement

For the past couple of weeks the App version of boards has being playing up. In my case the problem is that items in My Forums are no longer sorted in newest to oldest order. I appreciate that the app version is no longer supported but I thought I would throw the problem out there. There is a thread in After Hours on the matter also.

Boards.ie Employee

Hi there,

As the app is unsupported, I'm afraid we won't be able to dedicate resources towards fixing this. However, a reinstall of the app may do the trick. On Android via the Google Play Store - click the hamburger menu beside the search bar, select "My apps & games", select "Library", sort alphabetically and install Boards app). Others who have had similar issues haven't responded one way or the other to say if this worked for them, but hopefully...

For mobile browsing, we instead recommend using the touch site, available at touch.boards.ie.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement