Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fishing Rod choice

Options
  • 24-07-2019 6:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭

Getting back doing a bit of fishing,. What rod reel combo would you guys recommend for freshwater trout and maybe the odd salmon.
    Dont mind new or second hand, just looking something that will do the job until I up my game.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭capnsparkles

My choice for trout and salmon would be 9ft6 to 10ft , AFTM 7.
    Reel is really just a container for line.
    You could spend a fortune to be honest. Personally I get my rods on ebay, I like the Hardy Stillwater rods , you can pick one up handy enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭realrebel

Have a look at maxcatch online their gear is really good and very reasonable
    I got a 5/6 reel and a spare spool, a floating line, a intermediate line, 4 spools of fluracarbon, 4 snips, a pair of Polaroid glasses, a pliers for 100 euros
    And they also gave me a free fishing vest with the order
    The line I got is as good as any line i have used its lovely and slick
    The fly rods are very reasonable too that will be my next purchase i think

Advertisement