Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

My memory 64gb usb £18

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Chris Dolmeth

That's VERY fast for that price USB 2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭halkar

Nice. Ordered one. Came to €26.60 total incl. shipping.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

mailburner wrote: »

Had identical 32GB version from MM as a flash drive recorder for my Ariva satellite box. Failed after 1 mth. Maybe just unlucky, maybe not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,930 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

dodzy wrote: »
    Had identical 32GB version from MM as a flash drive recorder for my Ariva satellite box. Failed after 1 mth. Maybe just unlucky, maybe not.

ive bought many bargain usbs over the years and find these the
    best for the money
    You probably got unlucky
    ive a 16,32+64 and the first two ive had for years

I've had kingstons fail on me or fall apart and a cruzer crack just
    having it in my pocket

I returned a kingston i had which failed after a few months to get a new one so they
    are fairly good to deal with in my experience

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Thanks for that OP. I just ordered one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,607 ✭✭✭pah

Thanks op had been looking for something like this for work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭Hugh Cream

great deal that, thanks op.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 200 ✭✭grudgebringer

Thanks OP, got one for myself too, great price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Damn i got a Verbatim 32GB Store n Go which the cap slides in & out from Lidl last month for similar price!

Are the speeds that realistic, as when you get them, they're not really that quick?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Pique

Download a usb speed checker and that'll tell you.

• Advertisement

Pique wrote: »
    Download a usb speed checker and that'll tell you.

Thanks, but do you know any?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

Thanks, but do you know any?

Google does, http://usbflashspeed.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

That's VERY fast for that price USB 2

Maybe for the price. Read Speed: up to 24 MB/s Write Speed:up to 24 MB/s. But the USB 3 ones are much faster 32GB and 64GB 100MB/s Read and 55MB/s Write. Lexar 64GBJumpdrive S23 USB3. I'm sure you know that. But it is another €13 more expensive, and of course you need a USB3 port on the PC aswell. Incidentally I've noticed my USB2 devices are quicker on a USB3 port than USB2 one. Most people aren't to bothered about the speed maybe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,930 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

beauf wrote: »
    . Most people aren't to bothered about the speed maybe.

To a point I'd say
    The speed here i think is perfectably acceptable when you have
    the likes of a sandisk cruzer selling at 36 euro with speeds of

Write Speed: 5MB/s
    Read Speed: 10MB/s

You wouldnt believe how slow these are in comparison and if anyone ever
    sees these on offer again...AVOID
    Used to take on average 40-45 mins to fill my 16gb cruzer

The 64gb has gone up £1 since but that works out at nearly 2 euro
    extra for anyone wanting to pay in euro
    It isnt much but i hate that crap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭zom

Ive got mine today and it performs much below advertised 24MB/s - in fact it's 5MB/s save and 11MB/s read. I found lot of negative opinion on amazon, even about it having 8GB instead of 64 so I tried to save 45GB file and it did. But it took 3 HOURS!!
    Can anyone confirm real speed? It may be something wrong with my PC, and I can't check it on any other machine now.

beauf wrote: »
    Maybe for the price. Read Speed: up to 24 MB/s Write Speed:up to 24 MB/s. But the USB 3 ones are much faster 32GB and 64GB 100MB/s Read and 55MB/s Write. Lexar 64GBJumpdrive S23 USB3. I'm sure you know that. But it is another €13 more expensive, and of course you need a USB3 port on the PC aswell. Incidentally I've noticed my USB2 devices are quicker on a USB3 port than USB2 one. Most people aren't to bothered about the speed maybe.

comparing usb 2 to usb 3 is pointless in this particular thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

comparing usb 2 to usb 3 is pointless in this particular thread.

Actually I was comparing the relative value of the bargain considering the price difference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,409 ✭✭✭positron

zom wrote: »
    I tried to save 45GB file and it did. But it took 3 HOURS!!

(45 * 1000) mb / (3 * 60 * 60) seconds = approximately 4.2 mbps. Not great.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I would assume it would have faster write speeds for smaller files.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

I'm after a couple of USB keys - huge size is not that important, 8gb would be plenty, but I want something really fast - anyone know any good deals?

• Advertisement

I would assume it would have faster write speeds for smaller files.
    It works the other way around I think.

1 file of 1Gb will be written faster than 10 files of 100Mb.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭Sensor

Can also get from china 2 dollars a piece, if you buy so many of them

http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/277415064/Swivel_64GB_USB_Flash_Drive.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,409 ✭✭✭positron

lol ^^^. Alibaba listing as crazy! Here's a wooden 128 gb usb 3.0 key - 10 to 30 usd for 10 pieces.

http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/672058383/wooden_128GB_usb_flash_drive.html

positron wrote: »
    lol ^^^. Alibaba listing as crazy! Here's a wooden 128 gb usb 3.0 key - 10 to 30 usd for 10 pieces.

I'd nearly be tempted by that lol

10 of them @ $3.10 each.
    $31 for 1.25Tb :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,607 ✭✭✭pah

Zascar wrote: »
    huge size is not that important, 8in would be plenty

If only...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

ooh-matron-with-text.gif

Not bad for 30 pieces of silver, It is Alibaba of course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭zom

(45 * 1000) mb / (3 * 60 * 60) seconds = approximately 4.2 mbps. Not great.

At least it is real 64GB as I saved this file back to HD and still can read it correctly. Lot of this Chinese pendrives are fake, poses as 64GB but having only 8GB for example. Not everyone is checking this, especially with big sizes. As I have second one not unpacked I am considering returning it...

• Advertisement

paddyp wrote: »

That link is showin up a blank page with this on it:
    Unhandled Exception

An unhandled exception was thrown by the application

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭downonthefarm

would this be able to load the new gta game?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

Fighting wrote: »
    Agreed .you should pay via paypal if you wanna buy from them .that would be safer . If it's not 64GB, you can just open a dispute to get your money back in case of losing money.

You won't be able to get your money back that way. Paypal will only deal with non delivery issues with non ebay transactions.

They could send you pieces of wood, but if they provide a tracking number, they'd win.

zom wrote: »
    Ive got mine today and it performs much below advertised 24MB/s - in fact it's 5MB/s save and 11MB/s read. I found lot of negative opinion on amazon, even about it having 8GB instead of 64 so I tried to save 45GB file and it did. But it took 3 HOURS!!
    Can anyone confirm real speed? It may be something wrong with my PC, and I can't check it on any other machine now.

Same here, i'd like to find out as well before buying it, if any one has any reviews, as the one's on MyMemory are hit & miss.
    paddyp wrote: »

Pity the link above doesnt work, as someone posted a while ago on a usb drive i have, has anyone got another site. Thanks for any help.

Site was fine when I posted the link here's a direct link to the app courtesy of Google cache:

http://usbflashspeed.com/static/FlashBench.zip

Really ? YOU have experience of that ?

Does he have to? Its right there in the terms and conditions. Once the seller has a tracking number showing delivery its game over. Its your word against theirs and they have a tracking number on their side. Paypal are not a charity.
    13.1 How am I protected if I have a problem with a purchase?
    PayPal Buyer Protection is available for purchases you make both on eBay and off eBay:
    Purchases made on eBay
    For eligible items, protection is available for both items not received (INR) and significantly not as described (SNAD); and
    Purchases made off eBay
    For eligible items protection is available for INR only

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

Really ? YOU have experience of that ?

Yes, I sure do, and no need to get arsey when someone corrects your naivety.

Bump.

Has anyone got any more reviews on this please, as i'd like to get it, thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭deegs

Bump.

Has anyone got any more reviews on this please, as i'd like to get it, thanks.

Bought one.

Crashed once while watching a movie on my media player/sat box.

Noticed capacity had shrunk to 40gb after that.

Watched another movie a few weeks later and it crashed again and the capacity seemed to shrink to 0gb. couldn't even format it.

Sent it back to my memory and they send me a new one, but the write speed is only 5.5mB/s not sure I could be bothered sending it back. Definately not 24MB/s and I am copying a few thousand photo's e.g. small files in comparison to the large file earlier in the thread.

Pay more for a proper make.

I looked for the thread to see if anyone else did something about the speed with mymemory?

Thanks for letting us know about that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭ozmo

deegs wrote: »
    Sent it back to my memory and they send me a new one, but the write speed is only 5.5mB/s
    Definately not 24MB/s and I am copying a few thousand photo's e.g. small files in comparison to the large file earlier in the thread.

I found Flash drives work slowest with lots of small files (OS's fault). Try time one big file or download the test app suggested below.

To copy lots of small files I use microsofts synctoy or teracopy (both free) - or just zip them on the fly to the usb.

“Roll it back”

• Advertisement
Advertisement