Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

25% off 6 bottles of wine

• 01-08-2013 8:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭

it's back in Tesco from today

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

And Eurospar [Naas]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭CH3OH

25wines.jpg

It is back again.
    25% off 6 or more bottles in store or on orders delivered between 26th and 29th September

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Only for four days. Odd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,142 ✭✭✭OldRio

Bought a lot of wine from Tesco up until last year. Their prices have gone through the roof.
    I will not be tempted by them knocking 25% off bottles of wine that have increased by 50 to 70%.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

snubbleste wrote: »
    Only for four days. Odd.

Tesco and Dunnes seem to have declared war this weekend. It started with Tesco sending out vouchers for €6 off if you spend over €40. Tesco have been losing market share as the figures last week showed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

OldRio wrote: »
    Bought a lot of wine from Tesco up until last year. Their prices have gone through the roof.
    I will not be tempted by them knocking 25% off bottles of wine that have increased by 50 to 70%.

Well the 2012 budget added another €1 of excise duty on to every bottle of wine, so that's part of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭konline

Yes, you are right. I bought a bottle of wine for €10 last week and now it has gone up to €13.99 :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭CH3OH

I have to agree about the prices in Tesco
    Tesco do yoyo the prices a bit much
    IDShot_225x225.jpg

Mcguigan Bl Chardonnay 75Cl

SAVE 99c Was 9.99 Now 9.00... valid from tomorrow

TODAYS PRICE €7.00 (€7.00/75cl) yes €7 today and € 9 tomorrow

Surely must be illegal to say it was €9.99 when it is actually €7 today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭dorkacle

CH3OH wrote: »
    I have to agree about the prices in Tesco
    Tesco do yoyo the prices a bit much
    IDShot_225x225.jpg

Mcguigan Bl Chardonnay 75Cl

SAVE 99c Was 9.99 Now 9.00... valid from tomorrow

TODAYS PRICE €7.00 (€7.00/75cl) yes €7 today and € 9 tomorrow

Surely must be illegal to say it was €9.99 when it is actually €7 today

You sure the €7 isn't an offer too? They get around it by saying its not the RRP or some crap I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Elephant Man from china

Telco is great for mid range wine.. Around the 20 - 30 quid a bottle, you can always find some very good wines in this range discounted at 50% or so. Add on this 25% discount and they will be far better than any where else's or wine (at least for this week)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

I've noticed all the wines I normally buy have disappeared from their website for this offer.

I think they are just pushing a glut of some wines.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Limestone1

Telco is great for mid range wine.. Around the 20 - 30 quid a bottle, you can always find some very good wines in this range discounted at 50% or so. Add on this 25% discount and they will be far better than any where else's or wine (at least for this week)

mid range is around 20-30 ? you really are from China !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭sandin

Tesco wines are now generally way overpriced rubbish, falsely discounted to make you think you are getting a bargain.

Is there anyone out there that thinks a basic bottle of chilean sauv blanc is 15.99? (now half price at 7.99) - you can get as good as or better from lidl/aldi for about €6 - cos at least they don't try and hoodwink their customers.

A couple of years ago, tesco had great value in some great wines, but that was a precursor to diluting the quality and hiking the price and doing pretend discounts as per the usual uk furniture /carpet shop tricks

Far too many people fall for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Elephant Man from china

Limestone1 wrote: »
    mid range is around 20-30 ? you really are from China !

Mid range as it a applies to super markets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭nc6000

If I'm online should I see the 25% discount applied as soon as I add 6 or more bottles to my basket? It doesn't seem to be going through.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 925 ✭✭✭codie

Last week the Santa Rita or the old 120 as we call it was €6..Correct me if wrong but the price is normally since last year @ €11 plus.Last year it was €8 so we don't buy it anymore but stocked up last weekend.Makes you wonder how much they are making on a bottle at €11+.Sometimes you can get it for €9 at local petrol station which adds to the Anti Tesco feeling.Imagine how much they are bringing into the country as oppose a local petrol station.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,553 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

I buy Santa Rita and 120 for 8.99 in my local offy all the time, cheaper than €11 alright but wouldn't say no €6 :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭groom

I've gotten as far as the payment screen without seeing the 6 bottle discount applied but I see it says it is a guide price and not the actual price that you may at collection

7 x 9.99 bottles

Order Summary
    Collection:
    Collect - C&C-CLAREHALL EXTRA ,
    Saturday 28th September between 11:00 - 13:00
    Total Savings:€0.00Guide price: (7 items) €69.93 Service charge: €3.00Subtotal:€72.93Total Clubcard points:72Total promotional or eCoupon Clubcard points:0
    Payment Summary
    eCoupons-€20.00Total left to pay:€52.93

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,708 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

CH3OH wrote: »
    25wines.jpg

It is back again.
    25% off 6 or more bottles in store or on orders delivered between 26th and 29th September

Cheers dude, just got some "spend €150 get €23 off" vouchers from my clubcard. Looks like I'll be stocking up :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭Tazz T

Yeah I just made an order and the discount wasn't applied. Phoned them and they said it would be applied when the order was made or give them a call. I've a feeling they'll void the 20 ecoupon and just give the 25% discount on the wine. Having said that it wasn't putting the 25% thru before I added the coupon.

If it does go thu I'll be a very happy man. Basically half price on all I bought and much of that was already reduced.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,597 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

On their notes they say that the 'guide price' is subject to change and the actual price is calculated when they load the van at the checkout. I presume they'll add the 25% discount there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,142 ✭✭✭OldRio

Well the 2012 budget added another €1 of excise duty on to every bottle of wine, so that's part of it.

I did realise that.
    Better and cheaper wines in the local supermarket but hey ho it must be a bargain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,597 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

I did realise that.
    Better and cheaper wines in the local supermarket but hey ho it must be a bargain.
    Tesco are a terrible supermarket. They treat their customers with contempt by the way they display their prices. Every single time I am there, without even trying I see examples of items that are displayed as multi buy discounts being more expensive than the equivilent item sold individually.

They try to trick their customers into buying products at a higher mark-up by telling them that they're getting it for a discount.

I have used the 25% off 6 bottles of wine and the 20 euros off first online order to get a bargain at Tesco. Other than this, I hate spending money there, I always feel like I'm being taken for a fool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,624 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

+1.
    I used to buy around €600-700 worth of wine in Tesco 3 times a year, mainly when they did the 25% off 6 offer.
    Now I go to Lidl & Aldi where the wines are much better value.

Some of the red wines which I used to regularly buy for €7 or €8 each are now on sale for up to €14. That can't be blamed on the €1 levy.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Buddy97mm

Skerries wrote: »
    I buy Santa Rita and 120 for 8.99 in my local offy all the time, cheaper than €11 alright but wouldn't say no €6 :D
    codie wrote: »
    Last week the Santa Rita or the old 120 as we call it was €6..Correct me if wrong but the price is normally since last year @ €11 plus.Last year it was €8 so we don't buy it anymore but stocked up last weekend.Makes you wonder how much they are making on a bottle at €11+.Sometimes you can get it for €9 at local petrol station which adds to the Anti Tesco feeling.Imagine how much they are bringing into the country as oppose a local petrol station.

I drink lots of wine and agree that Tesco has hugely disimproved in terms of value, with many of their formerly decent value wines having radically increased in price over the lst 12-18 months. The Santa Rita range at €6 a bottle was excellent value last weekend and I too stockpiled quite a bit of that. The Santa Rita is now selling at €8 a bottle, so with the 25% discount, can still be pucrhased at an effective rate of €6 a bottle (obviously provided you are buying 6 bottles or multiples thereof).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,574 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Buddy97mm wrote: »
    I drink lots of wine and agree that Tesco has hugely disimproved in terms of value, with many of their formerly decent value wines having radically increased in price over the lst 12-18 months.

Agreed. The 25% off offer was fantastic until about a year ago, because it was run concurrently with good discounts on good wines. Since then, their prices have rocketed and the selection at discounted prices significantly disimproved. I checked out Tesco Mahon Point earlier and couldn't even find 6 bottles of wine worth buying at a decent price, even after the 25% off! Same old tired selection of 'meh' New World wines being discounted from a rather optimistic RRP.

Lidl have a French wine event at the moment BTW; some decent wines there.

I'm getting bottles of my favorite wine for €4.80 each
    Previously they were reduced from €10 to €8
    It's a bargain

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Picked up 6 bottles of a relatively expensive wine (€22 per bottle) at lunchtime in Tesco Maynooth and benefited from the discount. I only buy this wine when Tesco run this offer so I was delighted to see it on the go again. The wine is consistently on sale at the same price so is a genuine discount during this promotion.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

can anoyne confirm that you get the 25% off and also 20 off when spend 60 with the coupon from the other thread?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭mightybashful

groom wrote: »
    I'm getting bottles of my favorite wine for €4.80 each
    Previously they were reduced from €10 to €8
    It's a bargain

What would you call this wine?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,528 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Lenny wrote: »
    can anoyne confirm that you get the 25% off and also 20 off when spend 60 with the coupon from the other thread?

What other thread :confused:

Missed that one, sounds like it'd make a few bottles VERY good value indeed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 661 ✭✭✭ncur

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    What other thread :confused:

Missed that one, sounds like it'd make a few bottles VERY good value indeed!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057036082 - see thread for code for €20 off over €60 spend if first online shop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,873 ✭✭✭RayCon

Buddy97mm wrote: »
    (obviously provided you are buying 6 bottles or multiples thereof).

Actually it's 25% off 6 or more , not multiples of ...

ncur wrote: »
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057036082 - see thread for code for €20 off over €60 spend if first online shop.

Cheers for that! I got an email offering a tenner off, but 20 is even better!ua

ETA- bugger, just had a look and it expired yesterday :(

• Advertisement

I used it today - says valid til 1st November now.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭lennyloulou

Help!
    I plan to buy 6 bottles tomow and put them away for Christmas. They will be the usual bottle gift when visiting friends. I do not recognise/know really anything good about wine... could someone please tell me what best name/brand is on offer at the min please with this deal?

What would you call this wine?

:) Azahar Vinho Verde. Shush!

Ha you can delete that post now :)

Lucky it's too late to buy booze in Tesco.

• Advertisement

Not too late to order it for delivery though :D

I put in my order, but the 25% doesn't seem to have come off.... even after I'd paid.

I've sent them an email querying this, as I don't want to make the order if it's not at the 25% discount. It's due for delivery tomorrow lunchtime, so I hope their customer service people are up and at it early!

Am I fussing over nothing? (I've never done grocery shopping online in my life! And only did this time because of all the savings to be made!!)

Not too late to order it for delivery though :D

I put in my order, but the 25% doesn't seem to have come off.... even after I'd paid.

I've sent them an email querying this, as I don't want to make the order if it's not at the 25% discount. It's due for delivery tomorrow lunchtime, so I hope their customer service people are up and at it early!

Am I fussing over nothing? (I've never done grocery shopping online in my life! And only did this time because of all the savings to be made!!)

I tried online grocery shopping for the first time at the weekend to use the €20 code and my order never arrived, I rang Tesco Customer Services and they didn't have a clue what went wrong so not a good first experience.

Only good point is that they charged me an amount with the €20 taken off and then refunded me what the full amount should have been before the €20 was taken off. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Cheers for that! I got an email offering a tenner off, but 20 is even better!ua

ETA- bugger, just had a look and it expired yesterday :(

Valid till delivery ON/BEFORE the 1st NOVEMBER !

Use CODE RXXF4NC for €20.00 off

This is on the front of their new leaflet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

Help!
    I plan to buy 6 bottles tomow and put them away for Christmas. They will be the usual bottle gift when visiting friends. I do not recognise/know really anything good about wine... could someone please tell me what best name/brand is on offer at the min please with this deal?

Id buy red, if its half price and 8-10 euro its pretty good, some 6euro wine is fine if its on sale too.

look for something thats 2011.(2+ years)

I dont know much about wine but my taste buds work and using the '-50% 2+ yrs' rule I haven't been disappointed

Help!

A lot of the half price stuff isn't half price at all. You'd be better off paying a couple of euro more for something at full price, such as the Barton&Guestier Cabernet Reserve at 10.99 or the Faustino Vii at 11.99. Don't see it there today but there was a Casillero del Diablo cab for 9 yesterday. I stuck one in my order.

If you're buying white, the Villa Maria Sauvignon Blanc is really good - but since Tesco used to have it for a long time at half price, I now can't quite bring myself to pay the full price (about 15 quid). In reds, a few of their Tesco Finest ones are really nice - the Cabernet Carmenere is lovely and very good value IMO, although I'm generally not mad about Chilean reds.

I wish I knew my way around Faustino wines - some are a whole lot better than others, but I never know which!!! And back to whites again, I swear by New Zealand SB - a bit cliched I know, but I like 'em! Also, the Tesco Finest Vermentino and Fiano whites are lovely (well I think they are - taste is VERY subjective!)

Regarding getting the 25% off - I rang customer services first thing this morning, and was assured that the price I see on my "receipt" doesn't necessarily resemble the price I'll pay at all. Seems like a daft sort of a system to me! (I appreciate that it's to take account of stuff that has to be weighed and that kind of thing, but for a load of bottles of wine???)

Anyway, I'll find out this afternoon. I hope yer man was right.

Then I just need to not drink it all this weekend :D

Well that was a resounding success!

Delivery came bang on time, delivered by the nicest man, with the discount applied :)

One bottle I'd ordered wasn't in stock (the Villa Maria, probably my favourite :(), but the other 9 - mostly tried and tested favourites of mine, with one or two triers, plus 4x2l bottles of fizzy water - 85 quidsworth - cost me the grand total of 50 quid.

Can't argue with that :D

I'm now wondering if I shouldn't have got more while I was at it......

Tazz T wrote: »
    A lot of the half price stuff isn't half price at all. You'd be better off paying a couple of euro more for something at full price, such as the Barton&Guestier Cabernet Reserve at 10.99 or the Faustino Vii at 11.99. Don't see it there today but there was a Casillero del Diablo cab for 9 yesterday. I stuck one in my order.

Faustino VII is 11.99 now? I priced it before I went to majorca (4.95€ over there) a month ago and it was 10.99€

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 528 ✭✭✭fitzcoff

If you're buying white, the Villa Maria Sauvignon Blanc is really good - but since Tesco used to have it for a long time at half price, I now can't quite bring myself to pay the full price (about 15 quid). In reds, a few of their Tesco Finest ones are really nice - the Cabernet Carmenere is lovely and very good value IMO, although I'm generally not mad about Chilean reds.

I wish I knew my way around Faustino wines - some are a whole lot better than others, but I never know which!!! And back to whites again, I swear by New Zealand SB - a bit cliched I know, but I like 'em! Also, the Tesco Finest Vermentino and Fiano whites are lovely (well I think they are - taste is VERY subjective!)

Regarding getting the 25% off - I rang customer services first thing this morning, and was assured that the price I see on my "receipt" doesn't necessarily resemble the price I'll pay at all. Seems like a daft sort of a system to me! (I appreciate that it's to take account of stuff that has to be weighed and that kind of thing, but for a load of bottles of wine???)

Anyway, I'll find out this afternoon. I hope yer man was right.

Then I just need to not drink it all this weekend :D

The Villa Maria is on offer this week in supervalu 6 bottles of it for €50. There was some red wine aswell in the offer but can't remember it

fitzcoff wrote: »
    The Villa Maria is on offer this week in supervalu 6 bottles of it for €50. There was some red wine aswell in the offer but can't remember it

Now, see, I soooo didn't need to be told that :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement