Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sale of a house.

Options
  • 13-04-2021 4:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭

Can I ask someone, if a solicitor is selling a house for you and there are a few offers and then people pull out. When the house is finally sold is it normal to be charged circa. €1100 for each person who pulled out.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭Claw Hammer

Steviesol wrote: »
    Can I ask someone, if a solicitor is selling a house for you and there are a few offers and then people pull out. When the house is finally sold is it normal to be charged circa. €1100 for each person who pulled out.

It would depend on your agreement with the solicitor. Some will agree a sale and buy at a fixed fee, others will charge by the hour for work done.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Doop

If the solicitor has undertaken work... ie began drawing up contracts etc then they are entitled to charge for their time. Ask for a breakdown of the fee if you are not happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,515 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Steviesol wrote: »

Did you get a letter from the solicitor outlining the basis for the fees at the outset?

Advertisement