Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Key fob mini-cam - £8.39 delivered

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,777 ✭✭✭✭Basq

dnme wrote: »
    Unfortunately.. this is becoming all too common on Bargain Alerts! :(

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

I saw fair play to the seller. He's simply finding a cool product at a great price and selling it at a big profit. It's the buyers fault if he does not do his research as to what the real open-market value to these products are.

Zascar wrote: »
    I saw fair play to the seller. He's simply finding a cool product at a great price and selling it at a big profit. It's the buyers fault if he does not do his research as to what the real open-market value to these products are.
    I think it's goddamn lousy - it's greedy profiteering.

I've got plenty of BA's in the past.. and sold them on. And I haven't once sold them at more than I paid for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

basquille wrote: »

I've got plenty of BA's in the past.. and sold them on. And I haven't once sold them at more than I paid for it.

Can we not just ban these ****ers from BA?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,046 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Can we not just ban these ****ers from BA?

I guess you can report the item, profiteering used to be a big no-no. Not sure if its still a adverts rule though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Yi Harr

Would posting a link to the relevant BA thread on the advert count as thread spoiling??

Yi Harr wrote: »
    Would posting a link to the relevant BA thread on the advert count as thread spoiling??

Think I read before that with in reason its allowed
    will try find the link

Probably better just to report the ad

http://wiki.boards.ie/wiki/Adverts_Rules
    still says profiteering not allowed

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

He's been caught out and after getting upset

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

I would imagine it'd be considered thread spoiling...

While there may be an argument for profiteering the sale price is considerably lower than the cost of the same item in a shop in Ireland.

This mentions that its not considered threadspoiling

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=64806102&postcount=27

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

The seller might not have seen it on here, the buyer certainly hasn't spotted it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

This Guy seems to tick all the boxes with respect to being a Trader?

- Thought that got you banned from Adverts?

Raiser wrote: »
    This Guy seems to tick all the boxes with respect to being a Trader?

- Thought that got you banned from Adverts?

Would you not need to be profiteering/selling at a profit in order to be considered a trader?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭carbsy

Yi Harr wrote: »
    Would you not need to be profiteering/selling at a profit in order to be considered a trader?

Isn't that what he's doing? ;)

carbsy wrote: »

Adverts mods have said its okay so best to move on. As said earlier in the thread these are on sale at all sort of prices so you can't judge too harshly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭carbsy

Adverts mods have said its okay so best to move on. As said earlier in the thread these are on sale at all sort of prices so you can't judge too harshly.

I agree.I wasn't being argumentative.I'd prob do it myself if I had a bunch of them and was short of bobs. :)

carbsy wrote: »

Had presumed he was referring to Basquilles post as he had quoted it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

dnme wrote: »

Thats BS, that adverts are allowing this, so if I put up my 16gb Hp flash drive from bargain alerts for €50 as its €59 in tesco now, is that okay?? :mad:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

The seller on Adverts is selling a different type that's got a key, don't know what else is different but if you follow the clue on his pictures they'll lead you to the original seller on ebay, here you can see they are selling both types, the one we're discussing on this thread for £6.99 (not #3's though) but also the one that's on Adverts for £25 which is close enough to 30 Euro, anyway he ended up selling it for 25 Euro.

http://shop.ebay.com/hasan168/m.html?_nkw=camera+key&_sacat=0&_sop=1&_dmd=1&_odkw=camera&_osacat=0&bkBtn=&_trksid=p3911.m270.l1313

I got mine from the OP's link for £8.89 total but my friend got his from one of the other links on this thread for £5.99 delivered, both are exactly the same #3's we even opened them both up to compare. I'm not sure if my friend's seller sends all his items out separately but mine/OP's does, which is handy as you won't get hit for duty on quantities.

I got the 4GB Class4 TDK card with reader and adapter for 7.40 Euro from Tesco as recommended earlier in this thread and it's fast enough, video and audio are smooth. I want to bend the camera inside 90 degrees and drill a hole so it faces out where the buttons are so I can use it as a "Pet cam", but the cameras on these are soldered to the board which might be a bit trickier than some of them that have the camera on a ribbon cable.

Is the light supposed to go off when these #3's are fully charged via PC USB and how long does it normally take for a full charge?? I only got it yesterday and had it connected for over 5 hours and the light was still on, so I just unplugged it at that point.

Blade wrote: »
    I want to bend the camera inside 90 degrees and drill a hole so it faces out where the buttons are so I can use it as a "Pet cam", but the cameras on these are soldered to the board which might be a bit trickier than some of them that have the camera on a ribbon cable.
    If the worst happens.. solder / attach a small bit of a mirror at roughly 45 degrees to the base (like a periscope).

Probably didn't explain it well enough.. but hopefully you might understand.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

If the worst happens.. solder / attach a small bit of a mirror at roughly 45 degrees to the base (like a periscope).

Probably didn't explain it well enough.. but hopefully you might understand.

Ah yeh I know what you mean, good idea if worst happens and perhaps for other uses, but it might be a bit dodgey having a bit of glass like that sticking out in case it slits the cat's throat, the missus would kill me, she's not even happy about me putting this and a collar around it's neck in case he gets caught somewhere and hangs himself :)

Blade wrote: »
    Ah yeh I know what you mean, good idea if worst happens and perhaps for other uses, but it might be a bit dodgey having a bit of glass like that sticking out in case it slits the cat's throat, the missus would kill me, she's not even happy about me putting this and a collar around it's neck in case he gets caught somewhere and hangs himself :)
    Yeah.. thought of that!

You could possibly put a piece of plastic or something around the sharp edges.. but I think it's a bit of a risky one alright! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭PrimalTherapy

Can you get a cheap one for around 9 euro anywhere except ebay?

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭Athlone_Bhoy

Can you get a cheap one for around 9 euro anywhere except ebay?

good site. http://www.buyincoins.com/key-chain-spy-camera-camcorder-dv-dvr-tf-card-product-1311.html

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

Cheers Athlone_Bhoy, that site sell just about every model out there at the moment, covered by http://www.chucklohr.com/808/, MD80, Lighter, Stick, Model #3.. Price in euro cheaper than the sterling prices quoted on eBay. Most less than €9.50, including P&P.

Anyone think the prices for these are creeping up on eBay lately, most now above £9 Sterling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭DualBladez

Amalgam wrote: »
    Cheers Athlone_Bhoy, that site sell just about every model out there at the moment, covered by http://www.chucklohr.com/808/, MD80, Lighter, Stick, Model #3.. Price in euro cheaper than the sterling prices quoted on eBay. Most less than €9.50, including P&P.

Anyone think the prices for these are creeping up on eBay lately, most now above £9 Sterling.

well that place is in china so probably why the prices are similar

still the same price here
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320524053109

How do you 'aim' these i.e know what is being filmed in the viewfinder as you do with digicam?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Redisle

How do you 'aim' these i.e know what is being filmed in the viewfinder as you do with digicam?

Just point it in roughly the right direction!

Best thing to do is point it at something and take a quick video, then playback on the pc. You will then see if you were pointing it at the right place and adjust the next time. I find my lens dosen't point straight out of the camera so it needs to be pointed slightly above/below your target depending on the camera.

Advertisement