Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

HKC alarm system removal advice

• 10-04-2021 10:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭

Hello everyone I'm looking for an advice I have a HKC Quantum 70 thats been down for a while now Tech said the it has to be replaced, but I dont want to fork more money for a new device and subscription so I decided to upgrade to a Ring alarm instead, now my question is how hard is it to remove the system? the HKC is on service mode at the moment, is it as easy as just flicking the breaker off and start screwing it off the wall? my main concern is the siren going off if do.

Thanks in advance!

DSC_9678.JPG

DSC_9679.JPG

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,773 ✭✭✭✭altor

gian wrote: »
    Hello everyone I'm looking for an advice I have a HKC Quantum 70 thats been down for a while now Tech said the it has to be replaced, but I dont want to fork more money for a new device and subscription so I decided to upgrade to a Ring alarm instead, now my question is how hard is it to remove the system? the HKC is on service mode at the moment, is it as easy as just flicking the breaker off and start screwing it off the wall? my main concern is the siren going off if do.

Thanks in advance!

DSC_9678.JPG

DSC_9679.JPG

Why did they say it needs to be replaced?
    System looks to be fully functional by the pictures of the control panel you attached.

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭gian

altor wrote: »
    Why did they say it needs to be replaced?
    System looks to be fully functional by the pictures of the control panel you attached.

Its a very sketchy story theres this engineer who works for a security co. he's the one who installed this years ago and he's also the one who services it when needs be but the last time he came for a service he revealed that he doesnt work for that company anymore and is more like a free lance engineer from my understanding he told me that the alarm needs to be replaced as the "board" is damaged he then offered me a brand new one for 300 or if not I can shop for a second hand one which he will install, to me the situation is so weird because it was working fine just before the engineer came to service the door contacts sensors/motion sensors got charge for 70 quid for replacing batteries also this system cant really connect to the Gards as it needs something like phonewatch to connect to if the engineer said was true and this is why I want to replace it with Ring alarm system

Its a very sketchy story theres this engineer who works for a security co. he's the one who installed this years ago and he's also the one who services it when needs be but the last time he came for a service he revealed that he doesnt work for that company anymore and is more like a free lance engineer from my understanding he told me that the alarm needs to be replaced as the "board" is damaged he then offered me a brand new one for 300 or if not I can shop for a second hand one which he will install, to me the situation is so weird because it was working fine just before the engineer came to service the door contacts sensors/motion sensors got charge for 70 quid for replacing batteries also this system cant really connect to the Gards as it needs something like phonewatch to connect to if the engineer said was true and this is why I want to replace it with Ring alarm system

OK, sounds to me like he is doing a nixer and cant connect the alarm to a monitoring station as he would need to certify the alarm system to a grade 2 for this purpose.

That alarm can be connected to a monitoring station or self monitored using the HKC app or if you went down the route of getting a GSM-Q you could also self monitor using your own sim card.
    Please note the GSM-Q is now an obsolete product but can be got second hand.

There does seem to be some fault on the system as yellow fault light is on.

If you can go into user menu then scroll to engineer code then change the engineer code you could try come out of engineer mode and see what the fault is. At lease you will have the engineer code to go back in if you do it that way.
    Hopefully its only something simple that can be fixed.

I would advise to get a second opinion as he sounds like he is chancing his arm.

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭gian

altor wrote: »
    OK, sounds to me like he is doing a nixer and cant connect the alarm to a monitoring station as he would need to certify the alarm system to a grade 2 for this purpose.

That alarm can be connected to a monitoring station or self monitored using the HKC app or if you went down the route of getting a GSM-Q you could also self monitor using your own sim card.
    Please note the GSM-Q is now an obsolete product but can be got second hand.

There does seem to be some fault on the system as yellow fault light is on.

If you can go into user menu then scroll to engineer code then change the engineer code you could try come out of engineer mode and see what the fault is. At lease you will have the engineer code to go back in if you do it that way.
    Hopefully its only something simple that can be fixed.

I would advise to get a second opinion as he sounds like he is chancing his arm.

Thank you for the information I really appreciate it! Yea the chap seems like he is chancing alot as he did gave me a few calls every week after telling me about the panel I just told him to leave it at the moment, I already bought the ring alarm 5 days ago just waiting for the delivery I want to just uninstall this hkc panel

Thank you for the information I really appreciate it! Yea the chap seems like he is chancing alot as he did gave me a few calls every week after telling me about the panel I just told him to leave it at the moment, I already bought the ring alarm 5 days ago just waiting for the delivery I want to just uninstall this hkc panel

You will need to find were the mains is coming from first.
    If fused spur, disconnect at this point then you can safely remove panel from the wall and disconnect battery.

• Advertisement
Advertisement