Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ballymahon

Options
  • 26-04-2019 8:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Boil water notice

We were away over the weekend just gone so knew NOTHING of this.
    If it is dangerous as expected, why didn’t Irish Water put a note through the letterboxes of EVERYBODY who is potentially affected?
    I don’t watch Irish tv, I don’t listen to Irish radio, I don’t read the local newspapers.
    Only just found out that ALL water for drinking should be boiled.
    I drink loads of tap water.
    I’d love to know who to complain to, if anyone has any contact details I’d much appreciate them.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭TooObvious

I get what you're saying but if you don't watch Irish TV, don't read Irish Papers, or don't listen to Irish Radio, how do you expect to be informed of what's happening in Ireland?

If you have a complaint make it to Irish Water. Their contact details can be found on their Irish website

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

Ongoing for nearly 3 weeks now - any sign of a resolution yet? Some joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭von Smallhausen

Maybe because it would cost too much to have a plethera of leaflets printed and delivered into every home in Ballymahon, Abbeyshrule, Ardagh and all the other areas affected by it.
    It would be more cost effective to do it through the media.
    They do it through their social media (for free) and then radio (which would repeat it several times) and local newspapers which would report on it.

I think it's lifted now anyway.

Advertisement