Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Starting gym

Options
  • 17-05-2016 8:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭

so hope this is in the right place.. I want to really get into weights,cardio ect..I'm only beginning to look into all this,mostly online so I'm not even sure about the type of stuff or the names of the stuff I need to be doing. I want to lose weight but also get very toned,so build muscle and im looking to shed my fat and get toned and then bulk up im looking to get a gym plan im started the gym but i dont know anything about weights and currently looking to get a plan asap as i dont have a clue what to do the gym i chose was only because of location and has no real instructors so i was wondering if anyone here could help or give me hints or tips.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Genesis123

Hey, great to hear you're looking at getting into fitness. Regarding what to do in the gym I don't want to suggest anything as I am not qualified to do so. Check out Bodybuilding.com as it is a great resource for anyone starting out (especially if your gym has no one to show you the ropes/give tips).

Also, regarding your goals, you may want to take a step back first. Cutting (losing fat and toning) and bulking are polar opposites. You may want to focus on the basics and start burning some fat and toning the muscles you currently have. Once that is done then you can start looking at bulking. Remember that with bulking you will lose most of your "toned" look depending on the level of your cut.

bodybuilding. com/fun/training is a great link to get you started. You can enter your gender, age, height and your overall goal and from that you will get a number of workout plans. These plans will come with nutrition and supplementation advice all based on your chosen goal. I found it an invaluable resource when I was starting out. If you look at each exercise individually on the website there will be a video showing you exactly how to do the movement.

***PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DON'T BELIEVE EVERYTHING YOU READ ONLINE REGARDING FITNESS!!! This is why I don't want to say "do this" or "Do that" as I am not qualified. Take everything with a pinch of scepticism!!***

Apart from all that I hope it was some help haha best thing to do is start and enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Genesis123

Hey, great to hear you're looking at getting into fitness. Regarding what to do in the gym I don't want to suggest anything as I am not qualified to do so. Check out Bodybuilding.com as it is a great resource for anyone starting out (especially if your gym has no one to show you the ropes/give tips).

Also, regarding your goals, you may want to take a step back first. Cutting (losing fat and toning) and bulking are polar opposites. You may want to focus on the basics and start burning some fat and toning the muscles you currently have. Once that is done then you can start looking at bulking. Remember that with bulking you will lose most of your "toned" look depending on the level of your cut.

bodybuilding. com/fun/training.html is a great link to get you started. You can enter your gender, age, height and your overall goal and from that you will get a number of workout plans. These plans will come with nutrition and supplementation advice all based on your chosen goal. I found it an invaluable resource when I was starting out. If you look at each exercise individually on the website there will be a video showing you exactly how to do the movement.

***PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DON'T BELIEVE EVERYTHING YOU READ ONLINE REGARDING FITNESS!!! This is why I don't want to say "do this" or "Do that" as I am not qualified. Take everything with a pinch of scepticism!!***

Apart from all that I hope it was some help haha best thing to do is start and enjoy!

Advertisement