Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards Division 1 Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

has the draft order appeared anywhere yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,793 ✭✭✭Raoul

Trippie wrote: »
    has the draft order appeared anywhere yet?

Don't think so. Is it going to be random or based on last years rankings?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

It's random but you only find out the order on draft night.

Raoul wrote: »
    Don't think so. Is it going to be random or based on last years rankings?
    adrian522 wrote: »
    It's random but you only find out the order on draft night.

sorry, got confused between this and another league and thought this was on last years rankings. nevermind anyway. never had higher than a top 10 pick. finalist first year, relegated 2nd season when romo, andre johnson and 2 running backs all went down injured and then was flying to cuba last year during draft so tried to do the rankings as best I could for auto draft. dodged bullet on relegation there.

Now that i think of it I have had Andre Johnson 3 years in a row. Maybe 4 years in row after this draft

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭fisgon

Have we got a confirmed draft date yet? It was supposed to be decided on August 20th.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Looks like either Monday 3rd at 10 or Wednesday 5th, however I don't think Wednesday 5th is allowed as that is the day of the first game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

Monday 3rd @ 10 it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

Monday 3rd @ 10 it is.

Sorry I never voted guys was away on my honeymoon. Monday 3rd sounds good to me though.

HOWEVER the league page says Sunday 2nd 10pm BST. So that will need fixing :)

I'll change it at the weekend - away from home for the week and mobile version of NFL website isn't great for managing stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭mattman_iflaf

Monday 3rd @ 10 it is.

Sweet this suits me just fine... Just finished my other draft... landed RGIII.... should be interesting...

• Advertisement

monday is labour day here and im not sure i will be able to make it yet again. do we know the draft order at all so i can set my autopicks, i know it was said that it would be sometime before the draft but do we know when? is it that minute or maybe day before etc

Draft order isn't known until an hour before the draft begins unfortunately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭fisgon

I'll change it at the weekend - away from home for the week and mobile version of NFL website isn't great for managing stuff.

NFL website is still saying that draft is on tomorrow, Sunday, at 10pm. Still needs to be changed to Monday.

We all good for tonight @ 10pm?

We all good for tonight @ 10pm?

yep

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Yeah I'll be there :)

Yes!

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Icepickle

Yep

ffs, 15th, another tough year especially with my division rivals 5,8 and 11

Having serious trouble connecting !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,961 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I'm very happy with that draft. I don't think it could have went much better for me.

R1-7 Maurice Jones-Drew JAC-RB
    R2-26 A.J. Green CIN-WR
    R3-39 Wes Welker NE-WR
    R4-58 Antonio Brown PIT-WR
    R5-71 Frank Gore SF-RB
    R6-90 Jason Witten DAL-TE
    R7-103 Mikel Leshoure DET-RB
    R8-122 Laurent Robinson JAC-WR
    R9-135 Andy Dalton CIN-QB
    R10-154 Coby Fleener IND-TE
    R11-167 New England Patriots NE-DEF
    R12-186 Blaine Gabbert JAC-QB
    R13-199 Atlanta Falcons ATL-DEF
    R14-218 Ryan Succop KC-K

Happy with my draft, logged off and selected the packers for me automatically. which isnt the worst defense to pick. Decided to go for double handcuff with my backs. Very happy with my TE´s and WR´s. Hoping Freeman can rebound with the improvement at WR,RB and TE during the offseason

QB: Josh Freeman
    RB: DeMarco Murray, Matt Forte, Michael Bush, Felix Jones
    WR: Dez Bryant, Kenny Britt, Mike Wallace, Malcom Floyd, Andre Roberts
    TE: Jermaine Gresham, Greg Olsen
    PK: Alex Henery
    D: Green Bay Packers

Not overly delighted with my draft. Kept having connection problems and the draft client crashing meaning some of my picks were auto picks when I had specific players in mind.

and wouldnt let me add players to my draft queue so a bit pissed off. Will have to wheel and deal well on the waiver wire.

Week 7 is a write off for me due to byes so whoever Im playing that week enjoy a gimme win :)

QB Schaub, Palmer
    RB Charles, Turner, Blount, Turbin
    WR Boldin, Colston, Manningham, Breaston
    TE Celek, Kendricks
    DEF Ravens
    K Prater

Very diappointed with my draft last night, the guys I was targeting kept getting picked just before me. I'll be trading a bit in this league I reckon..

QB: Cam Newton, Russell Wilson

Happy enough with these, may trade one of them to improve elsewhere. I'll wait to see how they are performing early on.

WR:

Jordy Nelson, Nate Washington, Greg Little, Doug Baldwin, Brian Quick

This group is poor, with only Nelson likely to provide decent numbers throughout the year. Particularly disappointed at my pick of little, as there were probably better options there at the time.

RB:

Ben Tate, Pierre Thomas, BenJarvus Green-Ellis, Willis McGahee

Again fairly poor, nothing spectacular but they should be good enough to keep my head above water.

TE:

Jimmy Graham

Happy with him obviously, hopefully he can repeat last years performance.

Def/K:

Intending to switch this around quite a bit. last night I took Scobee and the Cowboys.

Gronk and Julio Jones available for trade if anyone's interested. I'd want a starting replacement for whichever one and a starting RB in return. Stupid offers won't even be responded to!

One of Cutler/Eli also up for grabs.

I updated my trade block on nfl.com. Basically willing to part with Cam Newton, Jimmy Graham or Russell Wilson.

im obviously being retarded but where is the trading block again

Click on "My team" then trading block.

adrian522 wrote: »
    Click on "My team" then trading block.

found it and trade proposed

• Advertisement

found it and trade proposed

Thanks, I'll need to have a think about your trade offer!!

Hi guys, unfortunately, I had career defining interviews on Tuesday so I had to prioritise. I'll still try to do the best I can with my team. Haven't even looked at it yet.

Michael Bush & Mike Wallace on the trading block, willing to listen to offers

Michael Bush & Mike Wallace on the trading block, willing to listen to offers

Made you an offer.

Made you an offer.

I´d need to get a backup rb like morris in with it not a WR as set there, if we can maybe find another team interested in a trade for WR then might work

well a win to start the season albeit with a bad score. Got lucky with the draw this week and thought I was a gonner until Baltimore's Defence and Boldin put up over 30 points for me last night.

With all 4 teams in confrence 4 winning important to keep pace already :)

• Advertisement

Great when you make all the right decisions. My second win of the season.

Have 127 points and Tamme and the broncos D still to go. Delighted with picking up Reggie Bush in the second round.

Was projected to get over 100, forte, murray and dez have been disappointing. 20 ahead with him having two left to play. a win here is huge

I got hammered last night.

I got hammered last night.

Who were you?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

The loss of Fred Jackson and lack of production from brandon marshall makes it look like I'm set for a loss. Unless Decker can grab 2 TD's tonight.

• Advertisement

Raoul wrote: »
    Who were you?

Leitrim Gaels

need 5.01 points from the packers D to pick up the win this week

Won to go 2-1

Good to bounce back from an awful week last week. Jamal Charles finally clicking for me the way I know he can.

Trade accepted with Mehtastic aswell so my recieving corps will be strengthened. Still not overly strong on paper but Hawkins thus far has been a great FA pickup and with Colston and Flyod it should hopefully click,

Couldn't change my team for last nights games, lost my double scores :(

need 5.01 points from the packers D to pick up the win this week

one sack, fumble recovery or int, just one time please

complete and utter bullsh1t, should of won, now lose. sigh

Kev theres something wrong in our league settings btw.

Every year ties in standings is decided by points scored but looking at the standings it appears its sorting by points differential.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,961 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

D3PO wrote: »

Every year ties in standings is decided by points scored but looking at the standings it appears its sorting by points differential.
    Yeah just noticed this too. I was coming here to post about it. I don't think its sorting by differential either, I don't know what its doing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭CoachTO

D3PO wrote: »

I checked the Prem Settings and the option for standings tie breaker is down as the NFL.com default as Head to Head.

Edit: To add that seems to be the only option indicating position in standing and ties.

Settings posted here:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056742341

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

Improved to 2-1 this week but my team needs a lot of work. Fred Jackson back this week would be a nice start.

• Advertisement
Advertisement