Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards Division 1 Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,791 ✭✭✭Raoul

Desean jackson got me 3.9 points. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,336 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Lets do this.

Thats it unless I've missed something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Thats it unless I've missed something.

Yeah, you should have the number 2 seed wrapped up, i need something like 200 points from my final 3 players to catch you (C'mon Stafford :D)

Personally i need 13 points from Stafford, Pierre Thomas and Chargers D to win and get in as a wildcard. It should be likely but i aint counting any chickens just yet (sorry D3PO :p)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

Well done Spongey I did everything I could to try and make it winning my last 4 games of the year but ultimately I become Mr Bubble boy. :(

Second year in a row Ive been on the bubble. I thought 8-5 would be enough but I can only finish 3rd in conference !! ah well roll on next season.

Congrats to Cork Eagless on promotion to the Prem after their win this week.

• Advertisement

Barring any Monday night miracles this looks like the playoff picture at the moment

(1) Inchicore Warriors 12-1 bye

(4) Muppeteers 6-7 vs (5) Spawn of Spongey 9-4

(2) Cork Eagles 9-4 bye

(3) The Ironsides 8-5 vs (6) Stompers 8-5

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,308 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Barring any Monday night miracles this looks like the playoff picture at the moment

(2) Cork Eagles 9-4 bye

Grrr, I just spent about 25 minutes trying to figure that out! :D

I don't think even miracles can help anyone.

Congrats to all play off teams, and fair play to all 15 players who remained active. Without being patronising it was good seeing teams with no play off chance in the alst couple of weeks adding/dropping players and making it competitive.

Now I'm bringing the Warriors off to a mini play off training camp for a week ;)

Dodge wrote: »
    Grrr, I just spent about 25 minutes trying to figure that out! :D

I don't think even miracles can help anyone.

Congrats to all play off teams, and fair play to all 15 players who remained active. Without being patronising it was good seeing teams with no play off chance in the alst couple of weeks adding/dropping players and making it competitive.

Now I'm bringing the Warriors off to a mini play off training camp for a week ;)
    I am still holding off making predictions. I am still hoping for that miracle. :)

Raoul wrote: »
    I am still holding off making predictions. I am still hoping for that miracle. :)

wow, I'm sorry. I was too busy checking other scorse I forgot that my own game isn't finished

I'm still confident of the win but you're not done yet!

wow, I'm sorry. I was too busy checking other scorse I forgot that my own game isn't finished

I'm still confident of the win but you're not done yet!

Well, to be fair, I need over 60 points from Gates, Floyd and Novak. :(

And I need rivers to outscore Tolbet, Jackson and Jones Drew. Come on miracle!!

• Advertisement

My match isnt finished either but i have Chargers D left and as long as they score above -8 or so i'll be fine. Jacksonville couldnt conceivably rack up the points tonight, could they?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

My match isnt finished either but i have Chargers D left and as long as they score above -8 or so i'll be fine. Jacksonville couldnt conceivably rack up the points tonight, could they?

Your game is over worst you could is minus 4

Points Allowed 35+: -4 points

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 530 ✭✭✭raddo

Just happy I didn't get relegated.
    Got relegated last year and should have the year before but survived by default!!
    Onwards and upwards for Dolfans!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭fisgon

(2) Cork Eagles 9-4 bye

Hmmm. Interesting. I seem to remember that the Packers were 6th seeds last year, weren't they? (I'm Stompers, in case you haven't guessed)

fisgon wrote: »
    Hmmm. Interesting. I seem to remember that the Packers were 6th seeds last year, weren't they? (I'm Stompers, in case you haven't guessed)

If we're going on last years playoffs i remember the 4th seeded Seahawks with a losing record upsetting the 5th seeded Saints. Mmmmm not liking that :D

I have to run into MJD the week he decides to score FOUR TDs. Bah humbug!

At this moment i lead my playoff match 91.68-91.58, how close can you get?

Am 2.4 points behind with Jake Ballard to come for me. Need 25 yards to get promotion to the Premier.

Playoff Results

(5) Spawn of Spongey 107.28-98.48 (4) Muppeteers

(3) The Ironsides 91.64-73.92 (6) Stompers

Both Spawn of Spongey (yay) and The Ironsides are promoted to the Premier

Going to be a tight one between me and Spongey in the semi. I'm currently 14 ahead with Mike Wallace to come. He has Crabtree and Mendenhall though

Hopefully the Big Ben makes it for Wallace and the SF D plays their usual game against Running Backs

In the other semi the Cork Eagles have all but secured a place in the final. Up by 35 with a kicker tonight, The ironsides need the 49ers D to score about 6 retrun TDs (and hope all the PATs are missed)

If I scrape past SPongey, the final will be between the 1 and 2 seeds...

• Advertisement

Going to be a tight one between me and Spongey in the semi. I'm currently 14 ahead with Mike Wallace to come. He has Crabtree and Mendenhall though

Hopefully the Big Ben makes it for Wallace and the SF D plays their usual game against Running Backs

i need a big game from one of those 2 that i have left, something like the performance Roddy White had against me in another semi final :rolleyes:

I dont deserve to get through, after leaving 79 points on the bench. I dropped Gerhart cos Peterson was back and he goes and gets 18 points. Not my week. Out of 5 playoff semis i'm winning in only one (but thats my money league so $160 is coming my way :D)

DIVISION ONE PLAYOFF FINAL

#1 Inchicore Warriors vs #2 Cork Eagles

Good luck to both teams

Cheers. After a great regular season, the last two weeks I've scored less than 85. Wouldn't begrudge Cork Eagles the win either as he's been excellent all season

Cheers. After a great regular season, the last two weeks I've scored less than 85. Wouldn't begrudge Cork Eagles the win either as he's been excellent all season

It's amazing that last season I should have been relegated from division one., and here I am promoted to the prem division and one game away from winning the whole lot. And the secret to it all was actually drafting in person and not auo drafting. Well that and having Sir Tom of Foxboro under centre.

Year 1 I won the premier league
    Year 2 relegated from the premier
    Year 3 we'll see...

:)

Well baring tony Gonzalez having a monster game tonight it looks like inchicore warriors will win.

Division One Final Result

Inchicore Warriors 112.52-101.06 Cork Eagles

Congrats Dodge, the best team of the year

Final Rankings
    1. Dodge (Inchicore Warriors) - Promoted
    2. Itssoeasy (Cork Eagles) - Promoted
    3. Spongey1975 (Spawn of Spongey) - Promoted
    4. Orizio (The Ironsides) - Promoted
    5. Icepickle (Muppeteers)
    6. Fisgon (Stompers)
    7. D3PO (Dublin Blades)
    8. Raddo (Dolfans)
    9. Raoul (Dundalk Oriels)
    10. Dr. Slurm (Super Best Friends)
    11. Sports fan (Lucan Liverbirds)
    12. Oatesy23 (Packer Whackers)
    13. Trippie (Mehtastic) - Relegated
    14. Frisbee (The Wildcats) - Relegated
    15. Donkeypokertour (New York Rebels) - Relegated
    16. Bobo The Clown (Bobo's Clowns) - Inactive & Removed

* Bobo The Clown is removed from the Boards league completely
    ** Trippie, Frisbee & Donkeypokertour are relegated. However if any player above them in Div 1 & Prem dont come back next year these relegated teams will be first in line to keep their place in Div 1

Many thanks for everyone for staying competitive during the season and making it an enjoyable Division One season :D:D:D

Thanks for all the work on the league Spongey, and to the all the active players.

Very enjoyable year

Congrats to Inchicore, and to all promoted players. You'll have the benefit of all that extra TV money in the Premiership next year, maybe a shot at Europe! :)

I got seventh last year, sixth this, so I suppose that's progress. Though my goal was promotion so a bit of a let down all in all. Very patchy production from my WRs was my downfall. Roll on next year, I'm already going through withdrawal I think.

• Advertisement

Yeah, count me in. I think I'm Stompers in this league, though not 100% sure. Anyway, I'm ready for the drive for promotion again.

Advertisement