Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards Premier Division Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,310 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Quick update.

West Coast Coolers lost, so Inchicore Warriors clinched a play off spot. Ironsides lost oo so now can't catch Team Dan

So currently
    1 Oh Look an Eagle 10-2 (clinch division and #1 seed)
    2 Inchicore Warriors 8-4 (clinch division, ahead of Team Dan on points as no H2H?)
    3 Team Dan 8-4
    4 Slinger Owl Lomira Lions (7-5)
    5 Porto Jags (8-4)
    6 Better than the Lions (7-5) (ahead of Fluffy Pink Bunnies on H2H)

Still in the Hunt
    Fluffy Pink bunnies (7-5)
    Ironsides (6-6)
    West Coast Coolers (6-6)

We could see 4 teams end up on 7-6 and the last play off spot could go to any of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Dohnny Jepp

Am I correct in saying that I (fluffy pink bunnies) will make the playoffs if I win and if any one or more of the following lose; slinger, porto and better than lions.

1) Well a win for you and a lost for Slinger Owl Lomira Lions will see you win the division

If Slinger wins and
    2) You win and BTTL loses, you're in

3) You win, BBTL wins and Porto jags lose. You'll both be 8-4. Can't check now to see who won your H2H (if any)

BTW just looking at the differing ranks

Ironsides are 2nd top points scoring and #1 in the breakdown rank

Currently 8th and needing a miracle to make the play offs

Dodge wrote: »
    1) Well a win for you and a lost for Slinger Owl Lomira Lions will see you win the division

If Slinger wins and
    2) You win and BTTL loses, you're in

3) You win, BBTL wins and Porto jags lose. You'll both be 8-4. Can't check now to see who won your H2H (if any)

I have the H2H over porto. I like my chances!!!

Looking like there'll be 5 teams on 7-6 looking for that last play off spot.

Ruan Raiders (confirmed)
    West Coast Coolers (unless Eli gets 15 points more than Hakeem Nicks, possible)
    Fluffy Pink Bunnies (unless Alfred Morris gets 27 more points than Pieere Garcon, unlikely)
    Better than the Lions (unless bradshaw gets 42 tonight, not happening)
    The Ironsides (unless Victor Cruz gets 20 tonight, very possible)

Slinger Owl Lomira Lions finished 7-6 but top their group on head to head. Anyone's guess at how that last spot is decided. If its points, The Ironsides would be top

Byes clinched for
    Oh Look an Eagle
    Inchicore Warriors

Team Dan through as division winner
    Porto Jags has a wildcard spot

So after all that...

The Play Offs

CHAMPIONSHIP BRACKET

Byes
    (1) Oh Look An Eagle
    (2) Inchicore Warriors

(3) Team Dan
    v
    (6) The Ironsides

(4)Slingers Owl Lomira Lions
    v
    (5) Porto Jags

Consolotion bracket

Byes
    (1) Ruan Raiders
    (2) Better than the Lions

(3) West Coast Coolers
    v
    (6) Cork Eagles

(4) Fluffy Pink Bunnies
    v
    (5) Turnoversauras Rex

Relegated

(13) The Bed-Stuy Jerk Chickens
    (14) Spawn of Spongey
    (15) The Nastys
    (16) Clondalkin Raiders

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

Dodge wrote: »
    Relegated

(13) The Bed-Stuy Jerk Chickens
    (14) Spawn of Spongey
    (15) The Nastys
    (16) Clondalkin Raiders

My stay in the premier didnt last very long. I was hoping for a great escape on the final weekend but our sole inactive player Clondalkin Raiders couldnt muster a win over Turnoverasaurus Rex (i would have survived on a tiebreaker if Clondalkin won). Bad drafting to blame for me, cant start 0-4 and 2-8 and expect to survive

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭f1dan

Was getting pretty nervous over the last few weeks but managed to make the playoffs on the back of a 3 game losing streak. Should hopefully be getting Darren McFadden back at just the right time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,640 ✭✭✭kev_s88

delighted to make it into the Playoffs, especially after only making it back into the Premier due to inactivity of other users.... hopefully now i can somehow manage to bring this championship home :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,902 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

We'll have a new winner this year after my boys failed to make the playoffs.

Good luck to all involved!

So now we know the finalists!

The Ironsides will face Oh Look An Eagle

Best of luck to both.

I fell short by 10 points over the weekend. Mainly down to my Wide Recivers scoring 2.9 points between them! Demarius Thomas and Roddy White got me to the play offs so I can't complain too loudly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭TO.

Back in business Spongey has given me a list of guys who are being removed and those who will receive PMs with the link and password.

Premier League guys can you post and list your team names here and confirm you are in the league.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

I've joined my team name is 4thandforever.

Would it make it easier to include boards usernames in the team name?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,640 ✭✭✭kev_s88

im in. Porto Jags back for another tilt at the Premier title

Setup a Doodle again to pick Draft times and date. Went for Sept 1st 2nd 3rd 4th as per usual Fridays and Saturdays never seem to payoff and Sun to Wed the week of the start seem to be the most popular. Pick your fav time and date:

http://doodle.com/geabbt22eyesihkc

West Coast Coolers

None of the times suit me due to time difference (the window is 2am to 5am on a work night) so I'll have to auto pick again.

Xavi6 wrote: »
    West Coast Coolers

None of the times suit me due to time difference (the window is 2am to 5am on a work night) so I'll have to auto pick again.

Out of curiosity is that 2am to 5am Irish time? I feel bad for you every year to be honest. The years you won it did you autodraft both times?

• Advertisement

TO. wrote: »
    Out of curiosity is that 2am to 5am Irish time? I feel bad for you every year to be honest. The years you won it did you autodraft both times?

2am to 5am Perth time = 7pm to 10pm Irish which is the draft window. Funnily enough I'm in the States from tomorrow until the 31st which would have worked fine!

I stayed up the first year but autodrafted each season since and tinkered a hell of a lot.

All part of the fun I guess.

Xavi6 wrote: »
    2am to 5am Perth time = 7pm to 10pm Irish which is the draft window. Funnily enough I'm in the States from tomorrow until the 31st which would have worked fine!

I stayed up the first year but autodrafted each season since and tinkered a hell of a lot.

All part of the fun I guess.

Looking at the schedule I added the 30th and 31st as the Pre-season finishes on the 29th. So they are up for vote now also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,365 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Cork Eagles and I'm in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 531 ✭✭✭raddo

Dolfans are in!!

Setup a Doodle again to pick Draft times and date. Went for Sept 1st 2nd 3rd 4th as per usual Fridays and Saturdays never seem to payoff and Sun to Wed the week of the start seem to be the most popular. Pick your fav time and date:

http://doodle.com/geabbt22eyesihkc

Lads dont Forget to go here and vote for the draft time and date.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

The Ironsides.

• Advertisement

Lads who is FB on the Doodle Poll?

Lads who is FB on the Doodle Poll?

Me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Oh Look An Eagle

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭deccy15

Bye Week

Team Dan back again.

Can we set the time limit for picks in the draft to like 20 seconds this year cos there's nothing more frustrating than having to sit through 60-90 seconds of absolutely for somebody to end up auto-picking?

• Advertisement

f1dan wrote: »
    Team Dan back again.

Can we set the time limit for picks in the draft to like 20 seconds this year cos there's nothing more frustrating than having to sit through 60-90 seconds of absolutely for somebody to end up auto-picking?

The 1st round is the only time you sit through the full time after that if they go auto its an almost instant pick.

Inchicore Warriors

Back for another year. Good luck lads

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭titans

Turnoverasaurus Rex is in. also voted for draft times on that doodle. thanks for setting up T.O.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

in, any time suits me.

The 1st round is the only time you sit through the full time after that if they go auto its an almost instant pick.

I definitely remember sitting through times last year where people had left without hitting auto-pick. That's especially annoying when someone has 2 picks back to back.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

To be honest 20 seconds isn't long enough to male a pick, especially if your guy gets taken just before you.

Also if someone doesn't pick they get put on auto for their next pick so it shouldn't be much of an issue.

adrian522 wrote: »
    To be honest 20 seconds isn't long enough to male a pick, especially if your guy gets taken just before you.

Also if someone doesn't pick they get put on auto for their next pick so it shouldn't be much of an issue.

I wasn't aware of this, definitely wasn't the case in some of my drafts last year

Only issue would be if someone waits till the very last second to pick every time then they wouldn't go on auto pick. Can be quite annoying particularly in the later rounds.

I'm in again, voted for all the times on Sunday, The other days may suit me but I won't know till closer the time. Sundays are the only days I can be sure I can make

• Registered Users Posts: 41 sports_fan

Im in and have voted for my time preference - Lucan Liverbirds

• Advertisement

Wednesday the 4th at 9pm out as the front runner with 9 votes. 2 left to vote. I am away at the minute with very little access so i will leave the voting open until the Sat 24th at midnight.

I've just voted but I'm travelling from the US to Australia that weekend so won't have any net access. Best just not to include me in any times as there's none I can really do with time difference.

Wednesday the 4th at 9pm it is for the draft. The same time on the Tuesday has the same votes but as the 4th was always the front runner we will go with that.

WEDNESDAY 4TH 9PM

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

when do we find out our drafting position?

Trippie wrote: »
    when do we find out our drafting position?

NFL.com sets it an hour before hand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

I will be abroad for work so will have to autodraft. Apologies in advance.

9pm on Wednesday baring an absolute disaster ill be drafting live.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    9pm on Wednesday baring an absolute disaster ill be drafting live.

Same.

Had my draft in another league I'm in last night and was picking dead last. Really hoping for better positioning this time round

Won't be able to make this. Best of luck of everyone.

• Advertisement

Im leaving work an hour late but I'm on my way home. BTW you can do the draft on an iPad. I discovered this when doing mock drafts last week. Just so people know,

Advertisement