Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

self isolate from Turkey

Options
  • 01-08-2020 7:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Hi,

I am planning to go to Turkey next month for 4 days to get some dental work done, before i book the flights would i be required to self isolate for 14 days on return?

I will be travelling onto Belfast when i return but will need to fly out of Dublin again for work 10 days later,

Just want to know should i cancel.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭Alrigghtythen

giggs76 wrote: »
    Hi,

I am planning to go to Turkey next month for 4 days to get some dental work done, before i book the flights would i be required to self isolate for 14 days on return?

I will be travelling onto Belfast when i return but will need to fly out of Dublin again for work 10 days later,

Just want to know should i cancel.

Thanks

If your passing through the north you need to self quarantine

• Registered Users Posts: 4,315 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

How on earth could you think you don't need to self isolate?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 giggs76

Pkiernan wrote: »
    How on earth could you think you don't need to self isolate?

Because according to this link Turkey is exempted when arriving in Northern Ireland, how does it work if i fly into Ireland then travel onto Northern Ireland?

https://www.nidirect.gov.uk/articles/coronavirus-covid-19-countries-and-territories-exemptions

• Registered Users Posts: 4,315 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

Because according to this link Turkey is exempted when arriving in Northern Ireland, how does it work if i fly into Ireland then travel onto Northern Ireland?

https://www.nidirect.gov.uk/articles/coronavirus-covid-19-countries-and-territories-exemptions

Common sense should tell you that you need to self isolate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭johnire

What difference does it make where you arrive into?
    If you’re living in Ireland you HAVE to self isolate if you’ve taken it upon yourself and travelled to-against our government advice NOT to travel-a country that’s not on the current Green List.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭anne burnell

Why would you even be thinking of getting dental work done in turkey during a pandemic ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭YellowBucket

You’re required to self isolate as your trip is not from Northern Ireland. It’s from Turkey.

The fact that you were there for dental treatment, which is one of the areas of specifically higher risk, would be even more grounds for making it very important that you self isolate.

If this is non essential travel, you also shouldn’t even be going at all. That’s the current travel advisory & it’s not a green listed country.

Advertisement