Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Refund/voucher for not-yet-cancelled flight (Ryanair nonsense)

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭TheW1zard

BobMc wrote: »
    Was in same boat as you all, booked January, no sign of any cancellations of flight, waited till 7 days before, accomodation waited till last minute for payment, paid up and went, Lanzarote was destination,

I said in another forum here on boards, if government wanted and wished for us to remain,they should have worked with the airlines and make refunds available to those who wanted them or change of dates etc. But very hard to walk away from 2k of very hard earned and saved for 12months of cash. And dont know where they thought I'd get my staycation pot from when half of it is in Ryanairs account :)

4k before tax!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 685 ✭✭✭luketitz

BobMc wrote: »
    Was in same boat as you all, booked January, no sign of any cancellations of flight, waited till 7 days before, accomodation waited till last minute for payment, paid up and went, Lanzarote was destination,

I said in another forum here on boards, if government wanted and wished for us to remain,they should have worked with the airlines and make refunds available to those who wanted them or change of dates etc. But very hard to walk away from 2k of very hard earned and saved for 12months of cash. And dont know where they thought I'd get my staycation pot from when half of it is in Ryanairs account :)

Sickener all round alright. I was very tempted to board that flight myself this morning but just not an option for my wife or kids with the quarantine requirements on return.

Kick in the nuts but sure we'll survive.. let's hope next week's camping in Kerry isn't a complete washout..

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭turniton

I gave up the chat yesterday. Started queue at 9 am. 4 pm still nothing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,139 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

turniton wrote: »
    I gave up the chat yesterday. Started queue at 9 am. 4 pm still nothing

They open at 6am so try earlier. Mind you I got on instantly at 9.20am last week. Got quite the shock as even pre Covid that never happened

My wife got lucky. But we could only get a cold reply "check status of your flight on line". I have requested refund. That s it

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭keng66

Caranica wrote: »
    They open at 6am so try earlier. Mind you I got on instantly at 9.20am last week. Got quite the shock as even pre Covid that never happened

Is anybody getting through to the live chat, being trying for the last few days and no reply, waiting on refunds from flights from 2 flights on 30th April and 17th May

keng66 wrote: »
    Is anybody getting through to the live chat, being trying for the last few days and no reply, waiting on refunds from flights from 2 flights on 30th April and 17th May

I didn't, my wife once. And she was told (on 11 th August) that our refund (flight 8th April) would have been processed in 7/10 business days.
    Still nothing here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

Remember they are the largest airline in europe. TENS of THOUSANDS are trying to contact them, most with the same queries and most can be answered by their updates

https://www.ryanair.com/ie/en/refundfaqs/directbookings

Remember, whilst making an online payment, its you making one transaction into a payment system. Tens of thousands of payments v#can be made in oen days as each payment is done by one person.

For refunds this works in reverse. A small group of people (could be hundreds but small in comparison to the number of customers) have to individually do the refunds. Its a paid in the neck. I had to do refunds for a charity gala dinner I was organising - only 150ish refunds, all by Paypal. Took two days! Boring repetitive work.

People simply have to understand the logistics of these things and have patience. The more people who call asking the same questions and getting the same answer that is on their website, the more and more time refunds will take

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭keng66

silver2020 wrote: »
    Remember they are the largest airline in europe. TENS of THOUSANDS are trying to contact them, most with the same queries and most can be answered by their updates

https://www.ryanair.com/ie/en/refundfaqs/directbookings

Remember, whilst making an online payment, its you making one transaction into a payment system. Tens of thousands of payments v#can be made in oen days as each payment is done by one person.

For refunds this works in reverse. A small group of people (could be hundreds but small in comparison to the number of customers) have to individually do the refunds. Its a paid in the neck. I had to do refunds for a charity gala dinner I was organising - only 150ish refunds, all by Paypal. Took two days! Boring repetitive work.

People simply have to understand the logistics of these things and have patience. The more people who call asking the same questions and getting the same answer that is on their website, the more and more time refunds will take

The thing that gets me is Ryanair saying "By the end of July, all of May and most of June cash refunds will also be processed" on their website which is just BS, would much prefer if they just said they are not operating the live chat for the foreseeable future and admit the truth with regard to the processing times.

• Advertisement

The thing that gets me is Ryanair saying "By the end of July, all of May and most of June cash refunds will also be processed" on their website which is just BS, would much prefer if they just said they are not operating the live chat for the foreseeable future and admit the truth with regard to the processing times.

Instead of telling me 7/10 business days (2 weeks ago), it would have been better the truth. Which is 1-2 month, so I would not bother them again and wait.
    I did wait from end March till 11 th August already, before contacting them

Advertisement