Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Traveling as a young couple for 6wks minimum - loan?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Tabby McTat

OP definitely go for it. You're only young once!! My partner (now wife) spent 9 months travelling around the world in 2012 when we were 27/28. Best decision I've ever made. As others have said you should max out on the savings and avoid a loan if possible. But be smart about where you go...developed countries like North America and Oz/NZ will see you burn through your cash.

We spent 3 months in Sth America and it was fantastic. We did some Spanish classes beforehand and even having a few phrases made a huge difference. As others have said, the cities can be dodge but once you're smart you'll be fine. So much to see and do in places like Peru, Argentina, Colombia.

Asia is incredible too. Plenty to see and do and avoid the cliched spots. We found Philippines to be amazing and Borneo too. Also we've been to Indonesia more recently and I would definitely recommend it...once you get out of the really touristy part of Bali.

Word of advice is to take your time. No point having a jam packed itinerary if you only have a night or two in every spot. Trust me you will burn out. Especially in Sth America where the journeys take so long...150km could be a whole night on a bus because you are winding through the Andes!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Plenty of time to see the US/Canada/Australia when you're older, it's Africa/South America/Asia that you'll never get to if you don't go now.

Advertisement