Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United v Liverpool

• 20-10-2019 12:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭john why

Go wild

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,302 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

but why John ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Tight game. Would take any sort of win.

1-1 draw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,514 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

1--1.

But in a way, we all lose

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,736 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Bore draw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

0-0

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I'll go wild 0-2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Peatys

Priority is to get out of this with as as few injuries as possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Peatys wrote: »

Priority is 3pts, but I'd say both teams will struggle for that. Injuries shouldn't really be a thing, these lineups aren't as aggressive as teams of old

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,318 ✭✭✭emo72

My Spidey senses are tingling. This looks so easy for Liverpool. So I'm really cautious. This is football. An aberration of a result is often thrown up as an offering to the football God. Let today not be that day.

8-10 wrote: »
    Priority is 3pts, but I'd say both teams will struggle for that. Injuries shouldn't really be a thing, these lineups aren't as aggressive as teams of old

McT will try to take out as many as possible prior to his red card.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,301 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Two predictions today

1. Liverpool win 2-0

2. This thread will go to pot quite quickly due to a minority

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

If we’re 6 points clear this evening having played Man Utd & Chelsea away and Arsenal at home (City have only played Spurs at home from the “big 6”) - that will be a very satisfying position after 9 games. Long season ahead whatever happens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

2-0 Liverpool. If United somehow manage to get a Pen I'll say 3-1

What am I backing? 0-0 because it's probably going to be sh1te

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,361 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

it's probably going to be sh1te

Probably won't be a truer post all thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭.G.

Yeah these games hardly ever live up to the Sky hype, it'll be sh!te but all I want is 3 points and no injuries.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,047 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Red Super Sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭KungPao

No goals in a tight first half, then Liverpool to put 10 past Utd in the second. In scenes nobody wants to see, a livid Sir Alex confronts Ole on the touchline and punches are thrown.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,047 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Liverpool will win easily. Man utd are a jobber these days. They will be out on the pitch without an entrance waiting for liverpool to arrive

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

4-1 win LFC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

Liverpool to win 3-0

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,032 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Liverpool will not hammer United. This has 1-1 each written all over it. When utd were dominating they always struggled at Anfield. The underdog always raises their game in this game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Jurgen The German

McT will try to take out as many as possible prior to his red card.

What an utterly bizarre comment.

He has a sum total of 1 yellow in 56 appearances.

If you are going to go with this line of posts then at least target someone that's done some questionable things like Dan James.

Sheesh, the lack of effort on display is worse than anything I've seen of United this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,514 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Even my goals app are trying to rub it in now...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

If you are going to go with this line of posts then at least target someone that's done some questionable things like Dan James.

Sheesh, the lack of effort on display is worse than anything I've seen of United this season.

He's following the hive mentality since another one said the same thing about McTominay already. So predictable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭.G.

niallo27 wrote: »
    Liverpool will not hammer United. This has 1-1 each written all over it. When utd were dominating they always struggled at Anfield. The underdog always raises their game in this game.

Liverpool rarely beat them in the 70s and 80s too despite beating pretty much everybody else with regularity. No chance this will be an easy win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Jimbob1977

Manchester United 1-3 Liverpool

United to have a great opening ten minutes, but then Liverpool will ease into the match and their tempo will be too much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

1.1...United score first and then fall asleep.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,860 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

When's the last time Liverpool were odds-on to win at Old Trafford does anyone know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

3-1 liverpool. They are the best team in europe right now and utd are poor

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

2 arguable VAR decisions, a sending off and Pool to loose by the odd goal in 7.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Touts asking £120 for a stretty single.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

0-3. It must be the first time,in a very,very long time you'd have Liverpool heading into a game at OT as big favourites.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

He's following the hive mentality since another one said the same thing about McTominay already. So predictable.

You've a large enough hive yourself but I've a feeling there won't be too many of them about today.

0-3 or 1-3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,061 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

A nice clean 1-0 away win after a scoreless first half with no contentious decisions or blaming referees or VAR would be nice. Just one team outplaying the other.

It was (in my head anyway) meant to be complimentary, as he's one of the few who still care where his club is going. Apologies i didn't flesh it out more.

• Advertisement

FitzShane wrote: »
    A nice clean 1-0 away win after a scoreless first half with no contentious decisions or blaming referees or VAR would be nice. Just one team outplaying the other.

Not a dig at you but it grinds my gears whenever I see ' 1-0 away'. It's 0-1 :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Doff

These threads tend to be more interesting than the match itself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,736 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

NDWC wrote: »
    When's the last time Liverpool were odds-on to win at Old Trafford does anyone know?

I’m a Utd fan and you would prob find Liverpool were in that position last season as well.
    The reality is Utd are on a downward trend since SAF retirement and Liverpool have being on an upward trajectory since Klopps appointment.

Utd have an injury wracked team for today and that is not looking for excuses as the Board failed to strengthen the squad sufficiently during the Sunmer.
    Liverpool have a full strength in form team available so should win comfortably today but the funny thing is in sport you never know what could happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,736 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

I’m a Utd fan and you would prob find Liverpool were in that position last season as well.
    The reality is Utd are on a downward trend since SAF retirement and Liverpool have being on an upward trajectory since Klopps appointment.

Utd have an injury wracked team for today and that is not looking for excuses as the Board failed to strengthen the squad sufficiently during the Sunmer.
    Liverpool have a full strength in form team available so should win comfortably today but the funny thing is in sport you never know what could happen.

Salah is a doubt afaik

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,533 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

1-1 with 3 sending offs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

United to up there game and try and get a feather in there cap .

United win 2-1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,061 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Not a dig at you but it grinds my gears whenever I see ' 1-0 away'. It's 0-1 :pac:

No, dig away! As I would be like that too but giddiness & pints has overtaken me today!

FitzShane wrote: »
    No, dig away! As I would be like that too but giddiness & pints has overtaken me today!

Enjoy the pints and the game!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,590 ✭✭✭Hoboo

Doff wrote: »
    These threads tend to be more interesting than the match itself

For a utd fan yes. Definitely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,656 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

So long as its not like last October, Utd playing crap but eek out a 0.0, a result that absolutely no one seen coming and ultimately those 2 xtra points proved costly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

Comfortable win for Liverpool. 0-1 or similar. Expect to see a bit of bite and fight from United but they are not good enough to get any sort of result. As a game, it'll rival Red Monday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭bennyineire

3 - 0 to the United fans, as in 3 United fans will get banned after the meltdown of a 3 - 0 Liverpool win this evening

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

5 at the back for United at home to their historic rivals is embarrassing. Solskjaer claimed he wanted attacking football at the club and is now crossing his fingers for a draw.

Sooner he's gone the better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

De Gea, Wan-Bissaka, Young, Maguire, Lindelof, Tuanzebe, McTominay, Fred, Pereira, James, Rashford.

Alisson, TAA, Matip, Virgil, Robertson, Fabby, Henderson (C), Wijnaldum, Firmino, Mane, Origi

• Registered Users Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Would be surprised if we don't see a penalty in this game now we have VAR. No more dodgy decisions at Old Trafford.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement