Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

READ MOD WARNING POST #1 BEFORE POSTING- Joshua Vs Klitschko

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 748 ✭✭✭boxer.fan

Its not exclusively a British thing ,you only have to look at the Irish buying into the McGregor hype ,flying across the atlantic and spending thousands in MSG .

Hearn has constantly hyped up fights involving British boxers ,most of whom are very average boxers ,but because they are British the British public will fork out money to watch them .
    Most of his high profile fights have been rubbish too ,you wouldn't mind if he was delivering decent fights.
    Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

I really don't think the fans are going to these events just to witness boxing greatness. These people are buying their tickets because they believe its going to be a good night out. Most of them won't even be able to see the boxers in the ring never mind appreciate the skills or lack of it. Same goes for the Irish folks making the journey to Vegas or MSG, its the craic & atmosphere they are going for.
    As for the PPV buyers, they are probably folks who enjoy their sport & don't mind spending the few bob on a Saturday night.
    The likes of Hearn et al, of course they are guilty of over hyping, but that's their job. If it's working for them why would they stop?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Rainman16

There will be no problem selling this fight. The Hern hype train will be at full steam for AJ and Wlad has a huge following in Germany all other parts of Europe who will travel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,394 ✭✭✭megadodge

Draw
    Hmmm, how gullible are Kilkenny hurling people, watching their own beating the crap outta everybody for over a decade?

How stupid are Dublin football supporters watching their own pissing all over almost everyone they meet?

Those Barcelona fans are such fools, surely they know they're guaranteed to win 90% of their matches?

Why would people waste their money?

Idiots!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,242 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

The tickets don't seem to be too expensive
    £40 for most of top tier,£60 for rest .
    Lower tier is £60-100
    Floor is £80 to £2000

87fe5554-b673-456c-b78f-b7229ef1bd00.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

Anyone have any luck with tickets? I was number 26,000 in the queue on the Wembley site :D

Stubhub just flat out refused to work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,465 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Joshua Points
    Roar wrote: »
    Anyone have any luck with tickets? I was number 26,000 in the queue on the Wembley site :D

Stubhub just flat out refused to work.
    I was 17000 and no joy.
    Heard a guy that was 3000 didn't get in before they were sold out either.
    From what I gather, u won't be able to buy them on stubhub until January, even though they are showing up there now.
    Can only imagine the crazy price they'll be!!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,242 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

blade1 wrote: »
    I was 17000 and no joy.
    Heard a guy that was 3000 didn't get in before they were sold out either.
    From what I gather, u won't be able to buy them on stubhub until January, even though they are showing up there now.
    Can only imagine the crazy price they'll be!!:rolleyes:

I was number 6000 ,I got about half way in the queue before it sold out .

I managed to get 2 on stubhub for my uncle ,the site kept on crashing though ,not able for the traffic .

Id say very few tickets were put on sale today ,there were only ~5000 on Stubhub at the onsale time.

It was a hype generating stunt today more than anything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭Henno30

Joshua Points
    Unless you just love the event itself I wouldn't go to this. Casual central with AJ and you'll pay through the nose for a half decent view. A lot to be said for your own couch in a fight like this one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,756 ✭✭✭sxt

Klitschko Points
    walshb wrote: »
    Maybe in terms of movement and predictability, but he faces a far deadlier puncher, who by the way, can win the battle of the jabs. AJ has a hard and penetrative and snappy rangy jab. Wlad's only likely "advantage" may not be so against AJ. In a nutshell he faces the prospect of a far more bruising beating against AJ than what he faced against Fury, who barely landed a decent punch the whole fight. Plus, against Fury he was never in survival mode because Fury is a weak puncher. Against AJ that is so different.

What you gonna do when a past his best, inactive for 2 years, mentally damaged , 42 year old, and gun shy
    Vlad knocks AJ on his ass?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,628 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Joshua Points
    sxt wrote: »
    What you gonna do when a past his best, inactive for 2 years, mentally damaged , 42 year old, and gun shy
    Vlad knocks AJ on his ass?

We need to bookmark this post. Two scenarios: 1 being Wlad chickening out and not going through with the fight, and 2 being him getting badly beaten via KO...

• Advertisement

Klitschko Points
    We need to bookmark this post. Two scenarios: 1 being Wlad chickening out and not going through with the fight, and 2 being him getting badly beaten via KO...

Please do. I can't wait to see you eating humble pie :pac:

Joshua Points
    sxt wrote: »
    Please do. I can't wait to see you eating humble pie :pac:

Just to be clear here, in case you wriggle out of this, by Vlad knocking AJ on his ass are you saying Vlad wins the fight, or just happens to score a knockdown?

Klitschko Points
    Just to be clear here, in case you wriggle out of this, by Vlad knocking AJ on his ass are you saying Vlad wins the fight, or just happens to score a knockdown?

Vlad is declared winner by KO or TKO

Klitschko Points
    I think this is going to be Vlads last meaningful fight. His dream of becoming unified champ is long over. It must be nearly two years and Detonay who holds the most prestigious belt hasn't defended against a top ten heavyweight?

Joshua Points
    I see AJ was spotted in Dubai praying in a Mosque. It hasn't gone down too well with the fans. He's not a Muslim.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Joshua Points
    I see AJ was spotted in Dubai praying in a Mosque. It hasn't gone down too well with the fans. He's not a Muslim.

Not really "spotted" when he was the one who posted it on social media. Some obvious negative reaction to it alright but nothing you don't expect on social media.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Rainman16

I think this fight will go ahead as planned. Joshua will win by a late stoppage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭Burial.

Klitschko Points
    Just shows how dull as dishwasher Joshua is when the media and Twitter warriors make a scene out of him at a mosque.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭selectamatic

Joshua Points
    Burial. wrote: »
    Just shows how dull as dishwasher Joshua is when the media and Twitter warriors make a scene out of him at a mosque.

Ya he should do a hape of coke and dress up as batman that'll really liven things up.

Or he could continue to gain a rather large fanbase and make lots of cash with his aggressive and positive fighting style and by maintaining his excellent physical condition.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

C3i37gbWMAEdND1.jpg

What testing is in place for this bout? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 668 ✭✭✭The man in red and black

Klitschko Points
    Gamebred wrote: »
    C3i37gbWMAEdND1.jpg

What testing is in place for this bout? :confused:

Jesus he is a pure animal! He nearly has wings coming out the side of him!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,465 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Joshua Points
    Jesus he is a pure animal! He nearly has wings coming out the side of him!

3hbtkm3o.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭Henno30

Joshua Points
    pac_man wrote: »
    Just to add, that photo was taking at least a 1.5 years ago and gives no reflection of his condition for this fight. Kevin Mitchell is beside him but it was cropped.

British boxers and other sports are governed by UKAD,who use the whereabouts system. Athletes must constantly upload their location and be available for testing (24hours-365 days). As far as I know, Joshua has been on this system for at least a year.

UKAD is a joke though. I know Hearn was being grilled recently over AJ apparently not doing VADA testing.

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭mada82

Really looking forward to this fight. Hopefully wlad has one big performance left in him.

Based on his last two fights it seems he's no longer confident of landing the right hand, like he knows his timing is off.

Is Joshua going to be moving as much as Jennings and fury?

This will look like Haye Bellew, all the muscle will be of no help 5 rounds in when AJ gases and becomes a punch bag.

• Advertisement

Joshua Points
    This will look like Haye Bellew, all the muscle will be of no help 5 rounds in when AJ gases and becomes a punch bag.

Wlad is quite muscular too...

Don't be at all surprised if AJs stamina and work rate are quality. He went 7-8 rds at a fairly decent pace against Whyte. Wlad will have to actually do something to tire AJ, and I can't see his usual hugging and holding and pressing down working on a big heavy hitting AJ, who will be more than capable of fighting and landing from mid to long range. In other words, Wlad has to get to AJ. I think he can, but the problem is that in getting there he likely gets punched and knocked out.

Wlad is quite muscular too...

Don't be at all surprised if AJs stamina and work rate are quality. He went 7-8 rds at a fairly decent pace against Whyte. Wlad will have to actually do something to tire AJ, and I can't see his usual hugging and holding and pressing down working on a big heavy hitting AJ, who will be more than capable of fighting and landing from mid to long range. In other words, Wlad has to get to AJ. I think he can, but the problem is that in getting there he likely gets punched and knocked out.

AJ is like a body builder compared to VLAD, carrying that muscle for a long time gets tiring, he has a chance early obviously of a ko but I think his inexperience will be his undoing, battering cans wont help him here against a stubborn wise pro even if hes gone past it.

Joshua Points
    AJ is like a body builder compared to VLAD, carrying that muscle for a long time gets tiring, he has a chance early obviously of a ko but I think his inexperience will be his undoing, battering cans wont help him here against a stubborn wise pro even if hes gone past it.

You could be right. Intriguing fight, and a Wlad win would not at all be a surprise. If Wlad can avoid getting hit clean, maybe he can peck and poke and paw and swipe his way to a points or late KO victory.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,394 ✭✭✭megadodge

Draw
    AJ is like a body builder compared to VLAD,.

You need to actually look at photos of them together.

When you do, come back and edit that line.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭dinorebel

Who here is picking Wlad to win this?

Not me he's to gunshy these days I think Joshua will stop him early.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,962 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Klitschko Points
    Who here is picking Wlad to win this?

I think Wlad will win, if he gets to Joshua first. If Whyte could hurt Joshua, Wlad can. He will be able to capitalize on it if he does, unlike Whyte

Klitschko Points
    Right now I think Wlad clinches and jabs a hole in Joshua's face until he lands a right hand on a tired Joshua and it's night night. Joshua is too in love with his power I think and his complete disregard for head movement and movement in general will play into Wlad's hands. Old Dr. Steelhammer has learned to not get hit silly any more too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,205 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

It really depends on whether the **** show that was Wlad's last fight is a true measure of his level these days. I hope he has one big performance left in him, to go out with that being the memory of his final fight instead of that thing with Fury. My head can game out different ways Wlad can push him, or even beat him.

Ultimately I think Joshua stops him within 4 in my heart, I think the relentless onslaught he will bring will be a bit too much for this Wlad, the reflexes are not what they used to be and though I rate him (and have rated him) higher then plenty of others over the years I see AJ finding his chin early and I don't think Wlad will be able to take the power, how long has it been since he was properly hit?

Looking forward to this though, hoping for a good contest.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

Joshua Points
    It really depends on whether the **** show that was Wlad's last fight is a true measure of his level these days. I hope he has one big performance left in him, to go out with that being the memory of his final fight instead of that thing with Fury. My head can game out different ways Wlad can push him, or even beat him.

Ultimately I think Joshua stops him within 4 in my heart, I think the relentless onslaught he will bring will be a bit too much for this Wlad, the reflexes are not what they used to be and though I rate him (and have rated him) higher then plenty of others over the years I see AJ finding his chin early and I don't think Wlad will be able to take the power, how long has it been since he was properly hit?

Looking forward to this though, hoping for a good contest.

I am thinking early too. I don't think it will take that long for a 6 feet 6 AJ to land one of those power right hands. I don't think Wlad can keep AJ off him. I have a feeling that AJ takes a great shot. He will get right through Wlad.

Simple: Wlad is now facing a big and heavy handed talented man. When was that ever the case? Apart from when he got knocked out...

He has been feasting on smaller men who simply could not land heavy on his chin. Men who didn't really have the talent and firepower to get to the chin. AJ will get to the chin.

Pity Wlad can't substitute and in form and prime Vitali. AJ would find that very tough.

I'm hoping wlad wins. Hard to make a case based on his last two fights though.

Would love Joshua to take a loss to calm down the Joshua hype machine.

None of the fighters he has beaten have proven themselves to be top fighters yet, whyte is european level at best, Martin won the title due to politics and injury, I'd never even heard of brazele before and molina is no where near top 10.

I think it's an intriguing fight and can't wait for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Blanco100

I am thinking early too. I don't think it will take that long for a 6 feet 6 AJ to land one of those power right hands. I don't think Wlad can keep AJ off him. I have a feeling that AJ takes a great shot. He will get right through Wlad.

Simple: Wlad is now facing a big and heavy handed talented man. When was that ever the case? Apart from when he got knocked out...

He has been feasting on smaller men who simply could not land heavy on his chin. Men who didn't really have the talent and firepower to get to the chin. AJ will get to the chin.

Pity Wlad can't substitute and in form and prime Vitali. AJ would find that very tough.

You have a feeling that AJ takes a great shot? What are you basing this on?

I'm no Wlad Klitschko fan nor am I an AJ/Skysports hater. But I think everyone will be surprised here, I really think Klitschko wins this and does it with relative ease.

This will be alot easier for him than the Fury fight. Fury is all wrong for Wlad, deceptively quick, good footwork and unpredictability. Don't get me wrong i'm not a Tyson Fury fan either, but Klitschko simply didn't know what to do with him, and say what you want, Fury has decent head movement too. I also think Wlad is a bit suspect mentally, and dealing with the basket case that is Fury spooked him a little bit I feel.

Presuming Joshua lands with ease on Wlad is pure folly. He hasn't taken any punishment in the last 10 years. He fights cautiously, and will counter Joshua all night long in my opinion. Whereas he has no idea what Fury was going to bring in terms of offence, he will know what Joshua is going to bring and he will have prepared accordingly.

I'd be far more wary of whether AJ can take Wlad's power. I actually think AJ is ill prepared going into this fight having fought alot of tomato cans, whereas he is now fighting a cautious and well seasoned veteran with only 1 defeat in the last 12-13 years, who has been the distance in title fights time and time again.

Will Joshua be able to land on Klitschko without eating stiff jabs on the way in?

I just think there are more ways than one for Klitschko to win this fight whereas people are presuming AJ blows him away early and thats not happening in my opinion.

Joshua Points
    mada82 wrote: »
    I'm hoping wlad wins. Hard to make a case based on his last two fights though.

Would love Joshua to take a loss to calm down the Joshua hype machine.

None of the fighters he has beaten have proven themselves to be top fighters yet, whyte is european level at best, Martin won the title due to politics and injury, I'd never even heard of brazele before and molina is no where near top 10.

I think it's an intriguing fight and can't wait for it.

And the funny thing is that if he blows Wlad away he may still not get recognition for beating quality, as many will say that Wlad is old and past it. That's not me disagreeing witty this view, just saying that it's likely what many will say.

Joshua Points
    Blanco100 wrote: »
    You have a feeling that AJ takes a great shot? What are you basing this on?

Is that a trick question?

Basing it on his career as an amateur and a pro. Basing it on what I have seen from the man inside the ring. Could I be proved wrong here? Sure. It is, after all HW boxing where one punch can be very damaging.

Klitschko Points
    Dillian Whyte had Joshua on wobbly legs. Dillian Whyte can bang but he is by no means a monstrous puncher. And he is nowhere near as dangerous as Wlad. If someone like Whyte, who's smaller and has a much shorter reach than Wlad can land like that, then Wlad most certainly will, even at this stage of his career. Wlad has the better jab, has a monstrous left hook, something I think AJ is open to a tonne and has an equally sharp right hand. If Wlad has anything at all left in him I can't see how he doesn't win. Fair f*cks to Joshua if he proves me wrong, wouldn't be the first or the last time.

Was there any rumours of when they sparred together?

• Advertisement

And the funny thing is that if he blows Wlad away he may still not get recognition for beating quality, as many will say that Wlad is old and past it. That's not me disagreeing witty this view, just saying that it's likely what many will say.

Well if he beats wlad then he's finally beaten a top 5 heavyweight. But it is a faded wlad regardless.

I don't think he'd beat a wlad of 5 years ago at any stage but if he starts fighting real threats from now on he could change my mind.

Joshua (if he wins), wilder and fury need to fight each other before we know who the current number 1 is.

Joshua Points
    Well if he beats wlad then he's finally beaten a top 5 heavyweight. But it is a faded wlad regardless.

I don't think he'd beat a wlad of 5 years ago at any stage but if he starts fighting real threats from now on he could change my mind.

Joshua (if he wins), wilder and fury need to fight each other before we know who the current number 1 is.

Personally I don't think any version of Wlad fares well against the likes of AJ. Wlad's chin was shaky 5 years ago as well as now. Wlad may have been sharper 5 years ago, but other than that he still fought quite negatively, was reluctant to really commit, and only because the men were smaller did his chin survive. 5 years ago Wlad wasn't some killer. He was the same cautious/methodical/reluctant swiping/pawing/spoiling kind of big HW.

Joshua Points
    Burial. wrote: »
    Dillian Whyte had Joshua on wobbly legs. Dillian Whyte can bang but he is by no means a monstrous puncher. And he is nowhere near as dangerous as Wlad. If someone like Whyte, who's smaller and has a much shorter reach than Wlad can land like that, then Wlad most certainly will, even at this stage of his career. Wlad has the better jab, has a monstrous left hook, something I think AJ is open to a tonne and has an equally sharp right hand. If Wlad has anything at all left in him I can't see how he doesn't win. Fair f*cks to Joshua if he proves me wrong, wouldn't be the first or the last time.

This pointless argument has been done to death. Whyte caught AJ with a peach of a shot full on, and AJ was stunned. Recovered quick and went on to dominate. Wlad does not throw those shots. Never did. Wlad will be reaching here to land. He will be throwing his usual straight power shots, only this time he is faced with a man who can reach with him and also find the target. A man who carries real power. Let's see how committed Wlad is to engage fully with his own shots.

Personally I don't think any version of Wlad fares well against the likes of AJ. Wlad's chin was shaky 5 years ago as well as now. Wlad may have been sharper 5 years ago, but other than that he still fought quite negatively, was reluctant to really commit, and only because the men were smaller did his chin survive. 5 years ago Wlad wasn't some killer. He was the same cautious/methodical/reluctant swiping/pawing/spoiling kind of big HW.

He was able to land shots though which he now seems unable to do.

He has beaten a few fighters his height or close to his height too. Thompson, Wach, Pulev etc.

AJ has proved nothing yet. He has beaten fighters outside the top 10 of a weak division and showed vunerabilities against whyte who is bang average.

He walks forward in straight lines and hasn't fought anyone in the ring to win yet (except whyte).

I can't wait, has wlad got enough left to win, does Joshua have enough to win against a faded top fighter. A win is a good result for either but what Joshua achieves after this fight will be interesting. There's possibly not much between him, wilder and fury.

Joshua Points
    He was able to land shots though which he now seems unable to do.

He has beaten a few fighters his height or close to his height too. Thompson, Wach, Pulev etc.

AJ has proved nothing yet. He has beaten fighters outside the top 10 of a weak division and showed vunerabilities against whyte who is bang average.

He walks forward in straight lines and hasn't fought anyone in the ring to win yet (except whyte).

I can't wait, has wlad got enough left to win, does Joshua have enough to win against a faded top fighter. A win is a good result for either but what Joshua achieves after this fight will be interesting. There's possibly not much between him, wilder and fury.

All valid points, and reasons that only a fool would discount when assessing Wlad's chances. I just think Wlad's vulnerabilities will be exposed here before Wlad has a real chance himself. Wlad fighting like Vitali with commitment and no fear? Yes, he can definitely win.

Jaysus you really rate Joshua very highly. I'm not saying I don't rate him myself but the jury is out on his true potential.

I asked you earlier, having watch his progress thus far how can you make a comment like AJ gives you the impression he has a great chin? What are you basing that on exactly? It hasn't been tested. Its an unknown quantity. There is more evidence he has a weak chin (David Price knocked him cold in sparring), but for me to say the guy has a weak chin is equally absurd.

We just don't know, as the guy hasn't been tested whatsoever, and it has alot to do with the guy being talented, but also just as much to do with his opposition being somewhat sub par.

Again i'm not a huge Klitschko fan, his style doesn't and indeed never has excited me as a fight fan. But like him or not he has been there and done it

Peter, Byrd, Thompson, Rahman, Chagaev, Chambers, Haye, Wach, Povetkin, Pulev, Jennings. Whilst they may not be top quality names, its pretty much a whose who of heavyweight boxing in the last 10-15 years.

For a guy who fights quite negatively and doesn't commit he has still amassed 53 KO's in 64 fights aswell as won heavyweight contests over 12 rounds. I think his negativity will frustrate Joshua, who has no real experience of fighting someone who is coming to win and carries the type of power Wlad does. And who can also outpoint you aswell as KO you.

Joshua Points
    Jaysus you really rate Joshua very highly. I'm not saying I don't rate him myself but the jury is out on his true potential.

How do I rate him really high because I believe that he knocks out Wlad? It's one fight, one punch, one win. It's HW boxing where AJ is a big man who can punch hard.

How do I rate him really high because I believe that he knocks out Wlad? It's one fight, one punch, one win. It's HW boxing where AJ is a big man who can punch hard.

C'mon with a comment like "I don't think any version of Wlad can cope with someone like Joshua"

Thats high praise indeed.

Or else indication that you don't rate Wlad at all.

I'm a huge Vitali Klitschko fan myself, proper warrior an the polar opposite of his brother in terms of fighting mentality.

But there have been common opponents who found fighting Wlad more difficult as you actually had to go looking for him. It can be hard to land a glove on Wlad whereas Vitali took a punch to land 2 (greater confidence in his chin). And he carries more power than Vitali. He lacks the heart of his brother, but he is more efficient and polished a boxer.

I don't think Joshua will hurt Wlad, not because he doesn't hit hard enough but because he won't be given the openings to catch him flush.

And I think a frustrated Joshua will not have the nous to be patient and win on points like Fury did for example. Nor do we know if the guy has the stamina to be effective in the second half of the fight.

So in that instance fighting Vitali may be a more straightforward come forward kind of fight for Joshua.

Joshua Points
    C'mon with a comment like "I don't think any version of Wlad can cope with someone like Joshua"

Thats high praise indeed.

Or else indication that you don't rate Wlad at all.

I'm a huge Vitali Klitschko fan myself, proper warrior an the polar opposite of his brother in terms of fighting mentality.

But there have been common opponents who found fighting Wlad more difficult as you actually had to go looking for him. It can be hard to land a glove on Wlad whereas Vitali took a punch to land 2 (greater confidence in his chin). And he carries more power than Vitali. He lacks the heart of his brother, but he is more efficient and polished a boxer.

I don't think Joshua will hurt Wlad, not because he doesn't hit hard enough but because he won't be given the openings to catch him flush.

And I think a frustrated Joshua will not have the nous to be patient and win on points like Fury did for example. Nor do we know if the guy has the stamina to be effective in the second half of the fight.

So in that instance fighting Vitali may be a more straightforward come forward kind of fight for Joshua.

Because you yourself have touched on it. He is the polar opposite of Vitali, and against men like AJ I think Wlad always gets exposed. Big hitters who are big and who come to hit.

Corrie Sanders, who??? Decimated Wlad......A big enough lad who got to Wlad's chin and wasn't afraid to get to it. Took Wlad out. Others also got to the chin. None IMO are as dangerous as a 6 feet 6 inch 240+ lbs AJ!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭selectamatic

Joshua Points
    A 21 year old amateur Joshua who hadn't been boxing for long at all was knocked down in 2010 while sparring with a peak (whatever peak there was :P) David Price.

Christ the way some go on you'd swear Price put him into the second row about a fortnight ago.

Advertisement