Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Stay away!

Options
  • 16-05-2011 11:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,404 ✭✭✭

Hope the mods wont mind me posting this here as it's pretty important!

Please do not arrive to our shop in Rathcoole with any Airsoft device this week!
    We back on to Baldonnel Airport and the security geting into Greenogue Industrial estate is beyond belief.
    Spoke to a Garda this morning and he felt you really could get into bother if you're stopped.
    All cars are being searched and its taking about 40 minutes to get into the industrial estate.

They say bad things come in 3's.Wonder what's next :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

I should echo this. I work, literally, at the fence on opposite side of the aerodrome and it's only going to get worse. Even with security clearance and airline ID, we were being searched and diverted from normal entrances.
    We also have armed officers on the rooves of our buildings and patrols at the fence line.

Not an area to be transporting AEG's and GBB's in and out of for a few days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Shiva

Ahhh jaysus, some people will say anything to avoid taking in repairs !!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

Passed there this morning, there are gardai on foot patrolling the edge of the N7 all the way from rathcoole to newlands cross, the poor frozen saps.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Whats the story is Bono flying into Dublin this week or ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,404 ✭✭✭ricka

TheDoc wrote: »
    Whats the story is Bono flying into Dublin this week or ?
    No Doc, he travels by cloud

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭Spooky-Vinny

xXx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭sci-ops

oh, I do hope your not expecting a delivery..........I'd feel real sorry for the driver.....

Garda "Excuse me sir, but what are you delivering?"
    Driver "Err, it's a eh..........."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,763 ✭✭✭Airsoft Reloded

Whats the difference between Bono and God?.....

God doesn't go around pretending he is Bono :p:pac:

Queen gone
    Security Gone
    All back to normal
    Think she's flying back from Cork so we're free for the rest of the week:), that is untill Mr President arrives next week:(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

ricka wrote: »
    Queen gone
    Security Gone
    All back to normal
    Think she's flying back from Cork so we're free for the rest of the week:), that is untill Mr President arrives next week:(
    Don't worry that's in Dublin Airport, we'll get a front row seat though :P

• Advertisement

Leftyflip wrote: »
    Don't worry that's in Dublin Airport, we'll get a front row seat though :P
    Yeah, now that I think of it we might get to see a little bit more of Airforce 1 than we'd like to, if it tried to land at Baldonnel:D

AF1 is landing in Shannon. He's taking a helicopter to Dublin from there, most likely to the US embassy, though it could be Baldonnel too.

AF1 could land in Baldonnel, but it'd be tight for taking off. Shannon, however, is one of the largest runways in Europe. It's a designated alternate landing site for shuttle missions. It's also got more than enough US military personnel to secure the visit.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

NakedDex wrote: »
    AF1 is landing in Shannon. He's taking a helicopter to Dublin from there, most likely to the US embassy, though it could be Baldonnel too.

AF1 could land in Baldonnel, but it'd be tight for taking off. Shannon, however, is one of the largest runways in Europe. It's a designated alternate landing site for shuttle missions. It's also got more than enough US military personnel to secure the visit.
    Goddamn it Dex! Stop bursting my bubble!

Jesus lad,you just know too much!
    So he may arrive into Baldonnel? Have to press me suit again so.
    Wish the shuttle could land in Baldonnel, now that would be worth seeing

As would the inevitable crash as it runs out of runway before the drogue even deploys...

As would the inevitable crash as it runs out of runway before the drogue even deploys...
    Hmmm, yeah, maybe not such a good idea:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭Arkslippy

It would touchdown at baldonnel and come to a stop in citywest somewhere.

In a large fireball.

Sh*t Thermo's online, could this be considered off topic?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

ricka wrote: »
    Sh*t Thermo's online, could this be considered off topic?

yes :)

Advertisement