Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ebay.com shipping to ireland

Options
  • 04-05-2011 6:57pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 250 ✭✭

I wanted to get an airsoft gun but buying the gun i want costs 50euro buying from ireland but only ocsts $15 buying from amazon, they dont ship to ireland so would ebay ship to ireland and would it be a good idea?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭OutsiderAkuma

Firstly if it's over 1 joule energy(328 Fps with0.20g bb's) then it will never get to you because it's illegal and the customs will I've it tested and destroyed. So secondly for that price, it's most likely garbage. Plus it could cost more with shipping and tax if it's from a non European union country. Which I think is 21% but I may be wrong on the percentage.
    You are better off saving a tiny bit more, going to a local Irish airsoft shop (quite a good few in te retailer section here on boards) have a chat with them, they are all friendly and I'm sure they will help you get started, hope that helps bro :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭baz909

Buying most goods from the states usually incurs additional tax/ duty charges.

So it might seem cheap now, but add on the delivery cost and any additional charges and it could work out more expensive.

At least buying from a local retailler you can have a proper look at the gun.and get some advise as well

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 250 ✭✭innthe

Firstly if it's over 1 joule energy(328 Fps with0.20g bb's) then it will never get to you because it's illegal and the customs will I've it tested and destroyed. So secondly for that price, it's most likely garbage. Plus it could cost more with shipping and tax if it's from a non European union country. Which I think is 21% but I may be wrong on the percentage.
    You are better off saving a tiny bit more, going to a local Irish airsoft shop (quite a good few in te retailer section here on boards) have a chat with them, they are all friendly and I'm sure they will help you get started, hope that helps bro :D

kk, lucky you told me because i was gonna get a co2 gun lol. I will get a good one in ireland, but im gonna get a cheap one on ebay , it probably will be garbage, but at least its cheap.
    Thanks for both of your help.
    Hmm , how about this gun?http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Taurus-9mm-Airsoft-Pistol-FULL-METAL-2K-BBs-PT92-/280658656941?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item41588f3ead#ht_1067wt_905

EDIT:
    the first gun i was looking at is exactly 328(http://www.amazon.com/Sig-Sauer-SP2022-Hand-Gun/dp/B002ATYSUC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=sporting-goods&qid=1304529955&sr=1-1), so would i be able to get that?
    @baz, i checked the shipping and the two combined for the sig sauer is only £50 so thats quite cheap?

Irish retailers have that gun and alot of orer c02 pistols... You see although it's 50$ it'll end up being like 100$ or so with duty and tax and it may be over 1j so honestly, you are better off buying from Irish retailers. Even if you only have 40 euro. I'm sure they can get you something to toy around with. Hope it helps! Welcome to airsoft by the way!

Even the 328 energy it says, it will dip over and under most likely... Meaning it could be 330/340/320 ect. Which is customs checks, your device will be taken, no refund and destroyed mate

Irish retailers have that gun and alot of orer c02 pistols... You see although it's 50$ it'll end up being like 100$ or so with duty and tax and it may be over 1j so honestly, you are better off buying from Irish retailers. Even if you only have 40 euro. I'm sure they can get you something to toy around with. Hope it helps! Welcome to airsoft by the way!

Thanks, it'l be my fiirst time ever using a good airsoft gun (i used to have a crap one but some lad sat on it by mistake)
    Oh, and is there any way you know how much the duty and tax would cost?Or would the seller tell me?

• Advertisement

innthe wrote: »
    Thanks, it'l be my fiirst time ever using a good airsoft gun (i used to have a crap one but some lad sat on it by mistake)
    Oh, and is there any way you know how much the duty and tax would cost?Or would the seller tell me?

I'm sure a seller would know. I recommend quality airsoft supplies over in te retailer section, they always help me out big time. But any over at that section will help you, every single one is friendly.your best bet is to ring one of them, or find the closest one to you and take a visit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,348 ✭✭✭Rhinocharge

there any way you know how much the duty and tax would cost?Or would the seller tell me?

Overall cost of item plus delivery, divide by Dollar exchange rate.
    Multiply by 1.035 for customs charge.
    Then multiply by 1.21 for Irish VAT.
    Then add couriers charge (upto €13.50) or AnPost fee (€6)
    That's it. :)

is this a good website to buy airsoft guns http://www.airsofteire.com/index.php

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭Dogwatch

is this a good website to buy airsoft guns http://www.airsofteire.com/index.php

Yes, very good.

Advertisement