Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

TA Events The Chernarus Conflict - Part 3

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

And I'm booked.

I'll probably be driving over on the ferry, will have room for 2 if anyone wants a lift.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 941 ✭✭✭AlternateID

kdouglas wrote: »
    And I'm booked.

I'll probably be driving over on the ferry, will have room for 2 if anyone wants a lift.

Are you planning on arriving at a respectable hour this time :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,608 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

All sorted , Red Badger - Chedaki

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

badger badger badgerbadgerbadgerbadger ... baddddgerrrrrrrrr

Red bager!

Needless to say, both FireKitten & I are booked in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Sterling Archer

Hey booked in... now anyone else traveling from this side of the country , Bus-car-horse ?? ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭defenderdude

CplCummins, Flashinbluelite, KnifeySpooney Mark F and myself all booked also.

If it's half as good as Pts 1 and 2, it will be awesome.:D

CDF (multisham again)

Couple of mega vids made by Basho to bring back memories and nightmares

Roll on April.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

not as good as the basho videos but my effort of the first day of cc2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭markomongo

5 booked in on the Chedaki side. Now to start looking at new gear and estimate my pyro to pocket ratio... :pac:

Are you planning on arriving at a respectable hour this time :D

That was a respectable hour! All depends on your definition of respectable. :)

markomongo wrote: »
    5 booked in on the Chedaki side. Now to start looking at new gear and estimate my pyro to pocket ratio... :pac:

I'm looking forward to saving a fortune with my BFG; after the first 60 uses, I've paid off the initial outlay and each use after that is around 9p :D

• Advertisement

Lemming wrote: »
    I'm looking forward to saving a fortune with my BFG; after the first 60 uses, I've paid off the initial outlay and each use after that is around 9p :D

One of those bad boys got handed to me at CC1. I pulled the pin and went to throw it immediately, went off beside my ear... I am forever scarred physically and emotionally!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,120 ✭✭✭moggser

RATTLE BOX im in

im gone green for this one and looking forward to it put them multishammer's out the misery

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 368 ✭✭Ironman Collie

Booked!

Can't wait, if The Mall was anything to go by this is going to be F*@king epic.

Two conditions:

1. Paddy Rat keeps his clothes on this time, that sight of him in his undies still haunts me, but my counsellor says I am recovering well!!!!!!!!!!

2. Eric, better bring Barbara Streisand with you!!!!

Bring on the Pyro.

Leathernecks, Hoorah!

Our video contribution...mostly from CC2, some photos from CC1 and training...

Any driver's looked at ferry times for this yet?

Just looking at ferry times now, I think below are probably the best options for me personally, makes it a 3 day weekend in total with return not too late Sunday night. (Oh and a fairly early start on Friday morning)

Stena Line;
    Outward
    Rosslare-Fishguard
    Fri 8 Apr 2011
    Dep. 09:00 Arr. 12:30

Return
    Holyhead (T5) - Dublin Port (T2)
    Sun 10 Apr 2011
    Dep. 20:30 Arr. 23:45

Edit;

Actually, Outbound on Irish ferries might work better;
    Dublin City - Holyhead Fri 08 Apr 11 - Dep. 08.45 Arr 10.45

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭ASI Casper

23 in the ASI group booking. Plus another 8 booked from FRV Airsoft. So that's 31 total from NI. All Chedaki. See you on the beach! :D

ASI Casper wrote: »
    23 in the ASI group booking. Plus another 8 booked from FRV Airsoft. So that's 31 total from NI. All Chedaki. See you on the beach! :D

Make sure Kyle has his 'tache shaved. I'm still receiving therapy from the last time :p

One of those bad boys got handed to me at CC1. I pulled the pin and went to throw it immediately, went off beside my ear... I am forever scarred physically and emotionally!

I need to have the fuse on mine extended to something a little slower than 0.5 seconds. It has its application but when one goes off in your hand, it's a little close for comfort.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 457 ✭✭AUDIE MURPHY

Booked Booked Bookety Booked.....im there ....LEATHERNECKS ON TOUR ...ORRAH

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭wormbyte

I want to personally thank you all for the massive response.

NAPA is going slower than extended, but the Chedaki and CDF forces were sold out before 9pm and I have had to open up more tickets to handle the demand.

So the event is now open to a totally of 300 players. But it won't be extended beyond the 300 mark though.

Thank you once again.

Ian

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 913 ✭✭✭fayer

wormbyte wrote: »

NAPA is going slower than extended, but the Chedaki and CDF forces were sold out before 9pm and I have had to open up more tickets to handle the demand.

Its ok, Im NAPA, thats all they need :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 609 ✭✭✭JonnyTwoCombs

Booked!

1. Paddy Rat keeps his clothes on this time, that sight of him in his undies still haunts me, but my counsellor says I am recovering well!!!!!!!!!!

Leathernecks, Hoorah!

You only have to deal with once, some of us arn't that lucky :eek:

fayer wrote: »
    Its ok, Im NAPA, thats all they need :D

One man, one fight - Fayer Texas Ranger :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 326 ✭✭Betty Blue

Lads
    The Rats Have a Coach Organised, We Have 16 Going and Have 8 Spare Seats, its only a 24 Seater Executive Coach With Fridge, Toilet (No Numbers 2s on Board, Reclining Seats, DVD, Air-conditioned,(Paddy Needs this Comfort Level he's Getting on in Years LOL:eek:) Were Leaving Friday Morning and Coming home Sunday Night,
    PM if Want to Travel Over

Betty Blue:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 779 ✭✭✭*DOBBY*

Betty Blue wrote: »
    Lads
    The Rats Have a Coach Organised, We Have 16 Going and Have 8 Spare Seats, its only a 24 Seater Executive Coach With Fridge, Toilet (No Numbers 2s on Board, Reclining Seats, DVD, Air-conditioned,(Paddy Needs this Comfort Level he's Getting on in Years LOL:eek:) Were Leaving Friday Morning and Coming home Sunday Night,
    PM if Want to Travel Over

Betty Blue:D
    Just be advised those smaller coaches have F**k all luggage space underneath. Last time we only had 19 on a 28 seater and we had the back seats full of gear. So you might want to cap it as it is. With all the tents and gearbags and guns it gets pretty full pretty quick. Hope this helps.

NAPA is supposed to ware balaclavas as part of the loadout, wonder if a Rubber Bandits loadout would be acceptable??

Rubberbandits-390x243.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭ASI Casper

Always good to wheel this one out for those who are new to this sort of event. Hopefully it'll be of help to some.

ASI Casper wrote: »
    Always good to wheel this one out for those who are new to this sort of event. Hopefully it'll be of help to some.

And another Must Read to smooth out the proceedings- http://www.ta-events.co.uk/rules/

Balaclavas are not mandatory but rather a nice to have for NAPA.

And another Must Read to smooth out the proceedings- http://www.ta-events.co.uk/rules/

yes, i would second this

just before the start of the last couple of events Ive had people come up to me asking what the rules where as they had not read them

it is very important to read and understand the rules as this is not your normal skirmish, you as a player have a lot of responsibility as following the rules adds to yours and others experience of the events

also i forgot to add

use the ta events forum, the only stupid question is a question not asked as they say

and ian and the team are always there to answer questions about the rules and events in general and are always will to answer questions

you also have a lot of experienced players floating about who can answer questions ( we had made a lot of mistakes there is not need for others to make the same mistakes :) )

there are a lot of new or inexperienced guy going from the republic, this is not a bad thing but please do not let poor prep ruin your event and others

sorry just my 2 cents i hope it helps people :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭TNTQ

Quality Airsoft Supplies will be shut on the 9th and 10th of April 2011 as the staff will be on a very extensive product testing trip. Sorry tough luck for any inconvenience caused :)

Offer to organise a bus for those in the southeast/west still stands.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 326 ✭✭Betty Blue

*DOBBY* wrote: »
    Just be advised those smaller coaches have F**k all luggage space underneath. Last time we only had 19 on a 28 seater and we had the back seats full of gear. So you might want to cap it as it is. With all the tents and gearbags and guns it gets pretty full pretty quick. Hope this helps.

Dobby Cheers,That was the First Thing That was Checked Gun Space......:D:D

Yes read the rules and read Caspers kit thread.

Many of you will have experienced my nature and the events that I have run ;)

Those that have had the experience will know the level of dedication and commitment I expect from players.

The Irish players have an exceeding good track record at my events for their passion in play and their deliverance of maximum f*cking violence in game.

New players have a LOT to live up to, so don't fall on the first huddle by not being prepared for the event.

Thanks again lads...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Tommyboy71

Aahhhh "Maximum F#cking Violence". How I miss those words floating across the Welsh mountains like a f#cking Tornado!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 312 ✭✭paddycam

Got booked with the cdf,Cant WWWWWWaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiit!
    Now to go gear shoping,i love gear shoping!(i like to see it as a manly version of clothes shoping...huuur!)

CDF & Chedaki forces are now sold out but we still have 50 places left on the NAPA side.

It's turning in to quite an internal affair with players coming from:

Belgium
    France
    Ireland
    Netherlands
    Philippines
    Poland
    Portugal
    Sweden
    UK

• Registered Users Posts: 42 auscam

Ozcam mate i hope your going to this. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 661 ✭✭✭elDiablo79

another great reason to spend money on new gear. cant wait for this trip.:D have to get the shopping list done up!
    UP THE RATS!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Tommyboy71 wrote: »
    Aahhhh "Maximum F#cking Violence". How I miss those words floating across the Welsh mountains like a f#cking Tornado!

YOU WERENT THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its a seriously louder version of our moderate boyz noize in comparison ill give ya that :P

TheDoc wrote: »
    YOU WERENT THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YES I WAS!!!!!!! :P

• Advertisement

YES I WAS!!!!!!! :P

I don't remember seeing you in Sweden... :p

We got it in Senny as well dude.:D

We got it in Senny as well dude.:D

Therefore, YOU WERENT THERE

:P

Enough of this messing, when do we break someone up?

TheDoc wrote: »
    Enough of this messing, when do we break someone up?

NAPA going to bring some pain, I love the objective "Humiliate the CDF" LOVE IT!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭Daz1214

never happen :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45 Spitfire_24

booked in :D
    looking forward to the only event where there's hundreds of people but never a queue for the ladies :D

Daz1214 wrote: »
    never happen :D

Where you at part 2? :P

Smack talk commences...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

Where you at part 2? :P

Smack talk commences...

Bring it!!
    Jaysus, it's still January - can you imagine what we'll be like come April...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 609 ✭✭✭JonnyTwoCombs

booked in :D
    looking forward to the only event where there's hundreds of people but never a queue for the ladies :D

I wouldn't speak to soon! Have you seen some of the NAPA & Redstar mob :eek::eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭TNTQ

Booked...

Now to start on the VSR...

Advertisement