Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Official Bernard Dunne v Poonsawat Kratingdaengym thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 554 ✭✭✭spongeman

Other - no contest, draw, technical draw etc
    Murray out with a broken collar broken and its probably too late to get anyone decent in to replace him.

right are we goin to arrange a wee drinkipoo at this fight.

I am goin to wear my Irish boxing supporters club tie and a white shirt - tomorrow is the last day of my honeymoon and I am tanned as feck (as tanned as I get anyway) and I am a devilishly handsome wee son of a gun so shouldnt be hard to miss. Come up and say hello and most importantly of all buy me a drink to congratulate my on my recent nuptials.

This is a picture of the tie. http://www.irish-boxing.com/stories/january09/jan09_irish_boxing_awards.html

Ye got married ? D'ont know whether to congratulate you or not........
    Will ye be bringing she who must be obeyed or not ???????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 cj-

Is it true that Keith Barr perdicted Dunne to win in the 2nd round? Is it worth a Bet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Poonsawat points win
    No I would say thats a pretty stupid bet!

imo if theres a KO Poonsawat will get it and if it goes the distance Dunne will win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭mark renton

Can people please read the charter before posting

Boards.ie Boxing Forum Charter
    1. No sunbeds allowed
    2. No talk of women permitted without the words Katie Taylor in the sentence

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭forzawexford10

the round betting is interesting with dunne to stop poon in the early rounds a shorter price than poonswaat but from rounds 3 to 8 a dunne ko is 25/1 and poonswat to stop dunne is 20/1.

for rounds 9 to 11 the are the same price 25/1 for round 9 and 33/1 for rounds 10 and 11. with dunne 33/1 to win the fight in the last and poon 40/1

so despite poonswaat been favourite to win in 6/12 rounds and both of them being equal for 3/12 and dunne favouite in 3/12

dunne to win by tko/ko is 5/2 dunne by decision is 13/8
    poon to win by tko/ko is 9/4 poon by decision is 7/2

staright match odds dunne 8/13 draw 33/1 poonswaat 6/5

link to odds
    http://www.paddypower.com/bet/boxing/boxing-matches/Bernard-Dunne-v-Poonsawat-Kratingdaenggym-1560870.html

i was checking these odds last week and the were all the same except dunne to win by ko in round two was 8/1 which was strange considering the difference in price for all other rounds but it is now 20/1 .

maybe it was a mistake or do you think there was a lot bet on dunne to win in round 2 earlier.

I reckon 8/1 was an error - not sure this PK dude has even tasted canvas before

betting does seem a bit over for a PK KO individual - however it is a 50-50 fight

havent done the sums but average price per round seems to be 25/1

25/12 = 2 and a bit

Dunne on points for me, by a few rounds. He will play it smart, the challenger always has to do more to win.

I cant wait for it - imagine the roar that will go up when the mighty Dunne is introduced in the ring as WBA champion of the World :)

Lets get ready to rumble...........wonder how much it costs to hire Michael Buffer ????????????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 murpheile

Do ye think Marty will get us to cheer for the westlife lads again:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭joepenguin

Dunne points win
    spongeman wrote: »
    Lets get ready to rumble...........wonder how much it costs to hire Michael Buffer ????????????

Id say you're talking massive money

spongeman wrote: »

Probably 80k in USA and more abroad.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭Jayob10

Poonsawat points win
    Had the pleasure of seeing Poonsawat train today, a good workout by all accounts with a sparring session aswell.

The guy is a murderous puncher, never seen anything like it in the flesh and ive seen Bernard train too. If this guy gets thru with any shots full flush its lights out for Bernard.

I'm putting my money where my mouth is on this one-
    €400 at 9/4
    Poonsawat to win via KO

Poonsawat points win
    Had the pleasure of seeing Poonsawat train today, a good workout by all accounts with a sparring session aswell.

The guy is a murderous puncher, never seen anything like it in the flesh and ive seen Bernard train too. If this guy gets thru with any shots full flush its lights out for Bernard.

€400 at 9/4
    Poonsawat to win via KO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭BDF

Dunne points win
    Jayob10 wrote: »

€400 at 9/4
    Poonsawat to win via KO

Ricardo Cordoba must have left his granite chin at home when he fought Dunne so, because the "murderous puncher" couldn't ko him or even put him down in 12 rounds :D

Poonsawat points win
    I think I'll be putting €100 euro on a Poonsawat KO/Tko

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭Dusty87

Poonsawat points win
    Iv being weighing up this one. First i thought poonswat ko, then thinking dunne points, cant make up my mind at all. At the moment, im thinking of sticking money on poonswat ko. Anyone read the star today. Poonswat seems very confident.

Probably 80k in USA and more abroad.

Ok.....thats not going to happen then.

Come on guys stand by our man.

Dunne on points.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭alanceltic

Dunne points win
    The guy is a murderous puncher, never seen anything like it in the flesh

Its very easy for a boxer to look heavy handed when you see them working the pads or the bag (or even sparring for that matter). The difference is the pads or the bag wont hit you back. Poonsawat needs to get in close and when he is there he is very square and doesnt seem to be able to get too much leverage on his punches, probably explains why he throws so many uppercuts which are often very inaccurate. In order to get into range he usually lunges in with a big right hand and I see Dunne absolutely punish him with left hooks all night long, he wont have much of a target to aim for down south so wont be surprised if he keeps a lot of his work upstairs. Dunne was prepared to stand toe to toe and trade with Cordoba but I would like to see him on his bike for the entire fight working behind his jab and countering those right hands with big left hooks.

I have been too busy in work to look really forward to this fight but im starting to get the bug now already and cant wait for it, Macklin on friday is a nice little warm up too... BIG BIG weekend for irish boxing. Cmon ben. Ladbrokes have a Dunne KO Rounds7-9 @ 9-1, my value bet!!!

• Advertisement

Dusty87 wrote: »
    Iv being weighing up this one. First i thought poonswat ko, then thinking dunne points, cant make up my mind at all. At the moment, im thinking of sticking money on poonswat ko. Anyone read the star today. Poonswat seems very confident.

Interesting PK keeps mentioning Bernards power - chances may be that he will be very cautious comimg in - if so the PK has no chance of winning

Poonsawat points win
    john47832 wrote: »
    Interesting PK keeps mentioning Bernards power - chances may be that he will be very cautious comimg in - if so the PK has no chance of winning

He was mentioning his lack of power was he not? And he acknowledged his accuracy and fast hands but said his chin is too week, no? Id go and double check it only im in bed :):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭Captain Furball

€400 at 9/4
    Poonsawat to win via KO

We want a picture of the docket :pac:

alanceltic wrote: »
    Its very easy for a boxer to look heavy handed when you see them working the pads or the bag (or even sparring for that matter). The difference is the pads or the bag wont hit you back. Poonsawat needs to get in close and when he is there he is very square and doesnt seem to be able to get too much leverage on his punches, probably explains why he throws so many uppercuts which are often very inaccurate. In order to get into range he usually lunges in with a big right hand and I see Dunne absolutely punish him with left hooks all night long, he wont have much of a target to aim for down south so wont be surprised if he keeps a lot of his work upstairs. Dunne was prepared to stand toe to toe and trade with Cordoba but I would like to see him on his bike for the entire fight working behind his jab and countering those right hands with big left hooks.

I have been too busy in work to look really forward to this fight but im starting to get the bug now already and cant wait for it, Macklin on friday is a nice little warm up too... BIG BIG weekend for irish boxing. Cmon ben. Ladbrokes have a Dunne KO Rounds7-9 @ 9-1, my value bet!!!

One thing i'd like to add is he will be going down south as it is very easy to hit the body compared to the head.The head moves the body doesn't.
    But overall i'd agree with most of what you said there.

Poonsawat points win
    He was mentioning his lack of power was he not? And he acknowledged his accuracy and fast hands but said his chin is too week, no? Id go and double check it only im in bed :):)

I would say Dunne's work with McGurn has resulted in better conditioning and greater strength obviously resulting in more power.
    Bernard is not feather fisted as some people reckon. Being an amateur fighter myself I understand that hitting the heavy bang and pads is a different thing altogether. But this guy is a big puncher and I think we'll find that out sat night. Bernards chin is very suspect and I have grave doubts that Bernard can fight this fight on his bike all night without getting caught at least once or twice. Thats all this guy needs, land flush once and its lights out. The home crowd also will entice Bernard to go toe to toe at some stage, no matter what anyone thinks otherwise.

The key will be how does Poonsawat take Bernards punches. If he takes all bernard has and comes back with more then I think he will just wear him down ala margarito did to cotto (despite his alleged advantages :D ).

Don't forget this guy can box also, having beaten Cordoba aswell. So don't expect a knockout artist with no skills whatsoever ala Kiko Martinez.

Poonsawat to knock Bernard out early and I reckon within 2-3 rounds aswell. But I have just backed a Poonsawat KO i'm not gunna bet on the round.

Poonsawat points win
    Another big write up in the star today folks. Usual pre fight talk.

• Advertisement

Another big write up in the star today folks. Usual pre fight talk.
    Usual pre fight talk. ??

Poonsawat points win
    Usual things that are said in papers few days before fights. What they're going to do, how good of condition bernard is in. That sort of stuff.

I wasn't being smart,I just don't read news papers.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭alanceltic

Dunne points win
    I would be interested to know how many of the turncoats would be happy to lose their wages on PK in favour of a Dunne win.....

Poonsawat points win
    I would be interested to know how many of the turncoats would be happy to lose their wages on PK in favour of a Dunne win.....

I may but money on a pk ko win in rounds 3-8 because there good odds, but i would gladly lose the money for a dunne win. Iv always liked dunne but wit any boxer i decide to follow, the enjoyment seems to end too early. I hope this is not the case!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Vintagekits

although I have predicted a Dunne win on points - I think the odds on Poonsawat winning by KO are good and will be havin a wee twist on that and a Dunne points win.

Poonsawat points win

I'll be happy to lose €100 for a Dunne win, but I just think the odds on a Poonsawat KO or too big not to take up. 11/4 on Ladbrokes is huge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Vintagekits

Johner wrote: »
    I'll be happy to lose €100 for a Dunne win, but I just think the odds on a Poonsawat KO or too big not to take up. 11/4 on Ladbrokes is huge.

all the betting odds. I stuck £50 on a Poonsawat KO victory and £50 on a Dunne points win at Laddys

http://www.oddschecker.com/boxing/bernard-dunne-v-poonsawat-kratingdaenggym/method-of-victory

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Macsimus

is this on rte or is it poxy pay per view??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭MuscleShark

Anybody got any ideas where the weigh ins gonna be on Friday?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

Dunne points win
    Anyone think of the ramifictions if Bernard were to lose this fight...would that be the end??

Regardless of what odds i was offered i would never bet against Bernard or Ireland indeed for that matter..

Neither would I.

Anyone got any ideas where the weigh ins will be on Friday?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

Anyone got any ideas where the weigh ins will be on Friday?

found this.
    joepenguin wrote: »
    weigh in friday 2pm, ballsbridge court hotel (formerly berkely court hotel) and is open to the public.

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

cowzerp wrote: »
    found this.

did you just copy that from the dunne vs cordoba weigh ins from the previous post?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

did you just copy that from the dunne vs cordoba weigh ins from the previous post?

sorry man, i misread it, forget that now..

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

whycliff wrote: »
    Anyone think of the ramifictions if Bernard were to lose this fight...would that be the end??

Regardless of what odds i was offered i would never bet against Bernard or Ireland indeed for that matter..

There has been talk of a fight with Vasquez by the end of the year - this may or may not depend on Bernard winning this fight - my guess is this fight will go ahead even if the unimaginable happens on Sat

I reckon the Vasquez team would now see this as a big draw, even if it is not a title fight, and they are familiar wit each other - also as Vasquez is on a comeback he probably wouldnt be wise to jump straight in with the likes of Lopez

aslo B Peters aint stupid - this fight is risky and could have been sidestepped

Dunne points win
    Doesnt done have to fight this fight, or was going to be stripped of his belt???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,709 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Doesnt done have to fight this fight, or was going to be stripped of his belt???

Poonsawat is the number one rated opponent and mandatory for the belt.
    There was a possibility that if Dunne opted for an involuntary opponent, he may have been stripped

It has been done before - title holders have opted out of mandatory fights and accepted losing belt to fight an alternative opponent - either because they didnt want to face mandatory fighter or for more lucrative fight

Poonsawat points win
    Furys tomato can is up.

http://www.boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?human_id=282407&cat=boxer

4-22 nice.

Johner wrote: »

All the same - check his last few fights - against fighters with good records

Dunne points win
    after only getting the belt, i would imagine he would like to try and defend it!!?? at least once anyways

Poonsawat points win
    He has to give McDermott a rematch within 90 days.

• Advertisement

Is there weigh ins on friday??

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement