Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do you browse Airsoft on mobile?

• 05-05-2011 10:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,584 ✭✭✭✭

Well..?

Please vote, there are potential changes afoot :)

k. thnx.

Your loving mod,
    Steve xxx. :D

Do you visit here on mobile? 64 votes

Yes, mobile browser
    0% 0 votes
    No, I use my laptop / PC
    100% 64 votes

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Poll?

Yeah, I do. I know another lurker or two that do as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,584 ✭✭✭✭Steve

Poll?

Yeah, I do. I know another lurker or two that do as well.
    Sorry boss, it took me more than a minute to create the poll.. :p

Get yer vote in...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭richieffff

Err.... both but mostly my laptop, only use the mobile one when I'm buying something on the adverts and I'm not at home to finish the deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

If I use my mobile at all, should I click yes?
    Like once a week in bed or whatever, usually its PC.

Just to be clear on the reasons for asking:

The tech team are working on a new version of boards for mobile but it looks like it means that we'll have to re-think the sticky threads in each forum (e.g. the rules in adverts etc..) so just wondering what percent of the forum this will affect vs the work and convolutedness behind all the changes that may be required..

• Advertisement

If I use my mobile at all, should I click yes?
    Like once a week in bed or whatever, usually its PC.
    I guess whatever you use most would be appropriate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,509 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Very rarely use it on my mobile, but use it alot on my iPod touch but that can use the normal version of boards and just zoom in when I need to :) Must try and use the mobile version on the iPod actually...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭Private Snafu

I'm constantly online via my mobile. Saying that though boards.ie in general is grand on it as is :)

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭DoBhrionn

When I'm not at home I use the mobile version, could need some upgrading somehow. Although I can use the full boards.ie site on the phone, zooming in and out to read, clicking small icons can be quite annoying....so its mobile version all the way home.
    All I really need it is to get to forums quickly. It'd be nice to have some sort of BETA test for mobile users, and read up on reviews/responses from them :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Can we get a 'Both' option?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭Arkslippy

Mobile only. Using the m.boards version on android.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

I browse Airsoft and the Photography fora regularly via the mobile site on my iPhone. I'm on the mobile site more often than the full site.
    I find it fine as it is really. The only issue I'd have is that hitting the "Thanks" button refreshes the page. It's annoying, but hardly the end of the world. I find more problems with that in the Photography forum than here though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭J.D.R

I use mostly my Laptop, but, when I am buying or selling something on adverts (or if there is a scandalous an extremely interesting thread) then I will use my mobile. However I wouldn't be against any changes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Both.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,439 ✭✭✭✭thermo

I use both!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

Mobile versions of sites are a bit old hat at this stage. Any mobile browser worth a good goddamn is able to render the full browser version.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

gerrowadat wrote: »
    Mobile versions of sites are a bit old hat at this stage. Any mobile browser worth a good goddamn is able to render the full browser version.

Non smartphones suck at browsing normal sites, well they kinda suck at browsing mobile sites too but anyways. Plus a smartphone may be able to render the full site but a good mobile site is definitely a lot better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

I prefer the mobile version on my iPhone to the full version. It cuts out the crap I don't care about seeing on a small screen, like avatars and wide layouts. It also makes it that bit quicker to load if it's a picture heavy thread or I'm in the back of beyond, running on a bad Edge connection.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭Decoy

Primarily a PC user but am a regular lurker on a iPhone when I'm out & about

edited to clarify as I may have misunderstood the question

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,404 ✭✭✭ricka

Iphone for me too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭NinjaLmk

HTC Desire & Laptop

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 486 ✭✭Vents

iPhone 4 and PC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,021 ✭✭✭Hivemind187

I use both.

Actually I'm really interested to see the results of this poll.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I would use it more if it wasnt absolutely poxy to navigate the mobile site, as in its really really bad when you look at other mobile sites on offer, boards in general is pretty hard to navigate on a mobile device.

If I'm at home I'll only strictly use the pc

If I'm out I have the relevant forums I need bookmarked to skip the very awkward navigation.

Very interested to see what mobile app/site is in developement as I would use it alot more if it was a tad more user friendly.

As gerrowadat pointed out, the actual main site itself renders fine. Most modern smartphones worth their salt should be able to handle it perfect. So I guess I havnt touched the mobile site in over a year, as I just use the main site on my mobile.

The current mobile site was probably developed with a nokia 3210 and WAP mind you ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

PC for home - iphone for out and about when the mood takes me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Captain Commie

only ever use full site on my pc, dont like browsing it on my mobile and dont like to mobile site either

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 229 ✭✭mikeyod123

I never knew there was a mobile version even though 90% of the time i am on my ipod touch and i find the normal version fine on it

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭ASI Casper

I'd say I use both equally, so I didn't vote for either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

I was stuck with an old N70 nokia last week while i got a new sim for my Blackberry and when i used the Wap service it was painful to use the mobile boards site, it's so clunky and slow.

I use both mobile and PC, mobile more so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

I clicked mobile, but really should be both. Ashamed to say it but safari on iOS:(

Advertisement