Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

action toy soldier

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

Well you don't need a loadout to skirmish. You don't even need a gun if you don't have one. Rentals are cheap and ammo is even cheaper. I've heard of plenty of people turning up to skirmishes in the Warehouse with just a pistol and a spare mag and having a blast.
    Loadouts are for those of us who either want to be camouflaged and hidden for a specific reason (ie, snipers) and those of us who just want to dress up for the craic. In other words, it's optional. I've seen loads of people play in regular clothes. I once skirmished in a Leinster jersey, jeans and dubes, and had a ball doing it.
    What I'm saying here is, equipment isn't so much of a reason for someone not to skirmish, but instead play this video game. It sure isn't a reason to choose this system over the choice of twenty plus in the likes of Dr. Quirkeys.

The point about kids under the age to skirmish is valid though, and I accept that. But does that mean that one of the primary markets this is targeted at is under 14's? That's a pretty slim market (though from experience I know it exists to a degree) to be going after, and one with little expendable cash.

I'm still not seeing a reason I should try it out to be honest. It just looks like a step backward from skirmishing or even target shooting if it was to be compared to either of those. If it was to be compared to a video game I'd simply consider it a fairly boring one. AEG in your hand or not, it still doesn't look half as entertaining as Time Crisis, Ghost Squad or any one of the myriad of light gun games that are out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Kristov

ill be honest it was me shooting im rubbish :)
    once you have good timing and are a good shot its very good id say theres around 200 different game modes each with different levels of difficulty plus you can upload your own pics for the targets or vids of your fav sites and have your mates shoot back at ya :) its very good .the one that was in germany was set up for demo mode which takes a hell of a lot less time to set up that particular screen in blanch took almost 8 hours to calibrate so its very accurate . and no just incase anyones thinking it i dont have anything to do with it i just helped set it up ..
    Masada wrote: »
    How accurate is it? it looks abismal from the video, or whoever is using it has a terrible shot, 165 shots fired (although it appeared to be a lot more) and only 28 hits?

how many courses are on it?

I used it in germany and wasnt really impressed, nice in theory but horribly inaccurate.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

Nah the one i used in germany was as its supposed to be, pretty much exactly as that one there is.

We me must have missed ya over there, saw a few of the lads ya work with though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

He he, loads of silly sh... stuff on the forum today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Spetzcong

He he, loads of silly sh... stuff on the forum today.

I still maintain that it's better than working for a living, I'm kinda cranky coz I had to sign on today.

On topic, I hear some of the programmes on that video game jobber are of actual airsoft sites here in Ireland, is that true?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭johnboyire

i got to try it out and while some of the game modes kids would enjoy more, the video modes are great and ability to add your own videos/scenarios is a plus i am looking forward to seeing what people come up with.

the most enjoyable part for me was the range where you can increase /decrease the range size change target size have them moving at different speeds - you can use your own aegs so its a good way to improve your accuracy and have your aeg /gbb working spot on you can definitly see the difference in groupings.

it can definitley be used to complement airsoft not replace it as some are trying to make out. personally i would use this once every month or two or if i got a new aeg.

its the first in ireland that i know of id say try it for yourself and make your own mind up.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

johnboyire wrote: »
    the most enjoyable part for me was the range where you can increase /decrease the range size change target size have them moving at different speeds - you can use your own aegs so its a good way to improve your accuracy and have your aeg /gbb working spot on you can definitly see the difference in groupings.

I don't know, I'm just not convinced. That sounds too much like an actual skirmish in motion to me.
    What's the cost? If it was priced keenly I could see the attraction as a novelty, but little else.

I'm not trying to belittle it, or anyone who uses it. I'm just failing to see it's practicality.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

i do not see how it could help with airsoft accuracy, airsoft bullistics is akin to the dark arts, the sceen can only be say 10/15 feet away? i can not see how this could replicate the balistic arche of a bb takjing into effect hopup for example

NakedDex wrote: »
    I don't know, I'm just not convinced. That sounds too much like an actual skirmish in motion to me.
    What's the cost? If it was priced keenly I could see the attraction as a novelty, but little else.

I'm not trying to belittle it, or anyone who uses it. I'm just failing to see it's practicality.

well i am not out to convince anyone i just gave some of the pros and cons , if your interested you should contact them, the details on some of the previous posts then you should try skirmishing on an airsoft site and see the difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 897 ✭✭✭tonky

johnboyire wrote: »
    i got to try it out and while some of the game modes kids would enjoy more, the video modes are great and ability to add your own videos/scenarios is a plus i am looking forward to seeing what people come up with.

it can definitley be used to complement airsoft not replace it as some are trying to make out. personally i would use this once every month or two or if i got a new aeg.

its the first in ireland that i know of, id say try it for yourself and make your own mind up

Agree with all of the above. I've used it and found it useful as well as entertaining. I think it would be useful for youngsters or even novice airsofters to learn the handling/aiming of the guns. No harm to go over and give it a try and then make your own decision.

• Advertisement

Puding wrote: »
    i do not see how it could help with airsoft accuracy, airsoft bullistics is akin to the dark arts, the sceen can only be say 10/15 feet away? i can not see how this could replicate the balistic arche of a bb takjing into effect hopup for example

i should have explained futher - when peole are skimishing they dont wait for the stars to allign correctly before they use their aegs, its usually tweaking their hop up and taking a few pot shots this lets you take the pot shots a step further and work on your muscle memory on multiple targets for example,

but your right to be afraid of this new witchcraft you might turn into a frog if you use it, dont say i didnt warn you! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭hoplite

Kristov wrote: »
    "the warehouse is linked to the banned retailers website"

anyway back on topic if anyone hasnt seen the vid here it is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mh3_jTCBIls

its really well worth a go . i have other vids to upload from different game types that are available ill try get some more up later . go on give it a go you know you want to

Looking at that Video I'm sure I'd derive more pleasure from a party game on the Wii.

First Blammo kill markers and now this. The unmentionable one just does'nt get airsoft does he?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

sorry if you found my post funny, if this as some people have said can be used to 'train' for airsoft the the points i raised are a factor, hop up does not give you a flat flight path, for me hardest thing to learn for airsoft is judging flightpath speed of travel leading your fire etc etc,

the system could be good for judging situations fast target spoting stuff like that, pritty much what simulators like this are use for with the real military, but others have said you could in theory do the same with time crisis :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Seems like the two really are one:

http://www.talkingairsoft.com/forum/index.php?topic=129.0

Thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement