Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ACM/AGM M4 GBB chrono readings?

• 17-06-2009 4:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭

ACM/AGM M4 GBB did anyone manage to get some readings to
    see how she fires under Irish weather ?

Tempted to buy one Sooonish (maybe even tonight) and wanted someone to confirm they were safe to buy without firing hot.

~B

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Frank the Manc

they seem to be clocking 350-370 on propane and i think a (british) lad on arnies said that it was even hitting 340 with 134a so youd be looking at a downgrade, be it to the striker valve or getting the RA Tech part.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

A whole 12fps bloody Irish 1j limit ruiner of fun strikes again!
    The. Barrett m99 and tavor I had my eye on also over the limit
    Need to find a place that sells stuff with free downgrades!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,873 ✭✭✭spicymchaggis

bullets wrote: »
    A whole 12fps bloody Irish 1j limit ruiner of fun strikes again!
    The. Barrett m99 and tavor I had my eye on also over the limit
    Need to find a place that sells stuff with free downgrades!

gunnerairsoft does free downgrades

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

just ask the retailer to take the spring out of the tavor... it honestly takes less than 2 minutes...

m99? 328fps barret? a crime :D

As for the gbb m4... the Irc massif reviced ours today... all 5... customs must have dropped a brick... but yes... ajustable valve for fps... ask Kdouglas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

i chronoded mine at about 295 to 315 on 134a on normal irish day , installed ratech adjustable valve to allow use of green gas/propane

and tbh if you want the stuff 20euros is not a lot to pay for a downgrade, 20euros being what i find the average to be
    gunnerairsoft does free downgrades

and there always done with skill and care...............like someone cutting there noenails with the jaws of life

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,021 ✭✭✭Hivemind187

Puding wrote: »
    i chronoded mine at about 295 to 315 on 134a on normal irish day , installed ratech adjustable valve to allow use of green gas/propane

Want.

TONY!!!!!!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

Shoulda ordered with me, Keith, James, Dave and teh others then Ronan ;) Ours are here :D and utterly sexy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I asked Richie that today and he said it ran comfortably legal on 134a, bout 300-310.

Looking forward to my one too ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Harakka

Chronoed mine yesterday and again today on 134a. Ranged from 294-312, well below the limit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

Firekitten wrote: »
    Shoulda ordered with me, Keith, James, Dave and teh others then Ronan ;) Ours are here :D and utterly sexy.

Aye, very sexy indeed.

Mine needed a minor mod to make the bolt catch work more reliably, but nothing that takes any more than 2 or 3 minutes.

Haven't had a chance to chrono mine yet, but based on how hard it fires (range/impact noise) I'd agree with Richie's chrono reading of about 300fps

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 373 ✭✭desertstorm

How would it work if it got taken for testing and it was ok on 134a but they saw it was over on propane?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,021 ✭✭✭Hivemind187

How would it work if it got taken for testing and it was ok on 134a but they saw it was over on propane?

Depends on what it was designed for use with.

By my reckonning (and Fayer may correct me on this) but should the device be tested with a gas that is innappropriate for its operation (say CO2 when its marked in the instructions for 134a) then it is inadmissable as evidence in court.

Should the ballistics department destroy such a device having tested with inappropriate gas the result would be a rather costly court case for them with a foregone conclusion i.e. they botched the test therefore they are liable for the costs, compensation and any incurred losses.

If it is designed for use with CO2 however, there is no point in telling the ballistics department "Its alright officer, I only want to use 134a gas in it" because that wont fly.

This is not specific to the GBB in question, merely an overview of the logic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

From what ive heard, green gas will do damage to these anyway, so they really are only for use with 134a

Damn ye all have them!! :-) here was me trying to be
    careful about buying one, and ye all throw caution to the wind
    and order anyway. I'm feeling left out now.

Got a link to adjustable valve?

Was gonna buy from actionhobbys.co.uk as did not
    know if the big T in Eirsoft was getting any.

For some reason I dont like using Propane/Green gas on any of my gear,
    I actually prefer to use 134a in everything.

~B

Damn ye all have them!! :-) here was me trying to be
    careful about buying one, and ye all throw caution to the wind
    and order anyway. I'm feeling left out now.

Got a link to adjustable valve?

Was gonna buy from actionhobbys.co.uk as did not
    know if the big T in Eirsoft was getting any.

For some reason I dont like using Propane/Green gas on any of my gear,
    I actually prefer to use 134a in everything.

~B

Should be in tomorrow I think, i'll let you know, I'll ring you, then fire a mag full from mine , then tell you they are all sold out...to me

:P

TheDoc wrote: »
    Should be in tomorrow I think, i'll let you know, I'll ring you, then fire a mag full from mine , then tell you they are all sold out...to me

Tomorrow eh......I might be able to wait until then.

~B

Tomorrow eh......I might be able to wait until then.

~B

Text message outbound

Yo Tony, listen I'll take all twelve of those rifles for mates...well I'm not really, but just hold 12 incase, that way bullets cant have one for a week, thanks

;)

Dont think for a minute it will turn me into an armalite lover,
    shudder hate the things......but with an UBR fancy stock thing, a silencer, a fancy contour pistol grip, and stick that
    recent Eotech purchase on top maybe I'll get some pimped up gas guzzler that I may be able to say I like especially since I would not need to stick a battery into it.

~B

question relating to Original Topic?

Does 134a get the same obscure readings as green gas in increased tempatures?

Never used 134a before

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

As the lads stated above, mine is in the 315fps range with 134a, It was firing 320ish on green gas as soon as it arrived but after i stripped it and lubed everything it jumped a bit. I did try dry firing it on green gas and as a a result the bolt catch and bolt wore down from the impact. the happer axel also snapped. none of them are serious problems and my intentios were to run it into the ground and replace stuff as it broke. i could fix the few things handy enough anyway, but it proves the point that running them on green will give ya probs.
    You will be very satisfied with it though, its a work of art, i find it doesnt suffer from cooldown on 134a as easily as it will with green too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 779 ✭✭✭*DOBBY*

TheDoc wrote: »
    Should be in tomorrow I think,
    Hey DOC is Tony getting some of these GBB M4's in tomorrow ? Wouldn't mind getting my hands on one.

Forget that , just saw the Eirsoft thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Dr_Pepper

Yah green on these is a bad idea.
    Broke my mag twice now.
    First time the gas pin was slightly bent.
    Second time an oring busted.

Use 134a. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Just a question about the AGM M4, does the bolt hold open on an empty mag like the WA version? I've googled and can't find anything confirming this feature.

it functions the same as the WA version, unfortunately the acm mags can be a little unreliable, mine works perfect but i know other people have had it not catching the first time and needing a dry fire, also if the gas is low or a large amount of cool down in effect this can effect the locking but this would be the same with the WA or a gbb pistol, the other 3rd part mags seem to work perfectly with the bolt lock fetcher

Advertisement