Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick is booming at the moment

Options
  • 30-06-2005 10:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭

houses are being built at a alarming rate
    and for a long time people didnt want to relocate to the city

but that has really changed now !

tourism industry is booming also.
    as propertyprices and jumped a bit thsi year to but is still one of the cheapest house prices than the other regional cities of ireland

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭Agent Orange

mysterious wrote:
    houses are being built at a alarming rate

A lot of property investors are going to be throwing themselves in the river when the property market bubble bursts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭mysterious

The Riverpoint tower on the riveriside are selling one and two bedroom apartments for over 300,000!!
    So prices are starting to creep up in Limerick especially since so many now want to live near the city centre
    also the Living over the shop scheme is attracting a lot of property.

there are some nice apartments going up on Williams street,
    Mahon house i think?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭MorningStar

so
    http://www1.myhome.ie/search/property.asp?id=237833&p=26&rt=search&searchlist=

and at the same time it is possible to get a 2 appartment in Dublin for €300k and less.

It still sounds like it is possible to buy a place with two average incomes in Limerick without much strain. Dublin is a little different and I think you can a get a better return as both a % and sum in or around Dublin as a investor.

Agent Orange it has to be a bubble to burst it is speculation to say there is a bubble at the moment. With the SSIAs maturing next year for a year or so I think you can be pretty sure house prices will rasie next year. Lots of parents planning to give the money to children and and many people saving directly for themselves. Do you think people with €45K approx are going to effect the housing markets? I'm looking forward to the extra €500 a month we'll have nearly worth investing in a property! ;)

Advertisement