Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

End-of-Terrace sharing parking rights

Options
  • 21-06-2019 9:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭

Hello,

We recently viewed an End-of-Terrace house in a private estate (mix of Detached, Semi-Ds and Terraced houses).

The front of the End-of-Terrace has two car spaces (off-road driveway) whereas the mid-terrace has one car space.

It's a shared driveway as such, as there is no front boundary/division between the two houses (i.e. no wall/fence/shrubbery dividing the doors down to the road).

We have another viewing next week and ahead of this, I was wondering if anybody lives in a similar property type?

Are the car park spaces included in the title plans?

Anybody experience any issues arise from this type of shared parking space?
    i.e. neighbours parking in the space in front of your house?

Bear in mind this is a private estate, and the parking spaces are in a driveway in front of the house, not on the road.

I will ask the EA during the next viewing as the End-of-Terrace is going for considerably more and this is a dealbreaker.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭rightmove

If it's not on the deeds I can park there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭davindub

Butterface wrote: »
    Hello,

We recently viewed an End-of-Terrace house in a private estate (mix of Detached, Semi-Ds and Terraced houses).

The front of the End-of-Terrace has two car spaces (off-road driveway) whereas the mid-terrace has one car space.

It's a shared driveway as such, as there is no front boundary/division between the two houses (i.e. no wall/fence/shrubbery dividing the doors down to the road).

We have another viewing next week and ahead of this, I was wondering if anybody lives in a similar property type?

Are the car park spaces included in the title plans?

Anybody experience any issues arise from this type of shared parking space?
    i.e. neighbours parking in the space in front of your house?

Bear in mind this is a private estate, and the parking spaces are in a driveway in front of the house, not on the road.

I will ask the EA during the next viewing as the End-of-Terrace is going for considerably more and this is a dealbreaker.

Check the folio but I passed on a house for this reason, you just don't know who would be in either property in the future. It's not only parking, it's toys and goals and everything else drives are used for.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,155 ✭✭✭The_Honeybadger

Op there was an big thread on here a few years ago started by a guy in this very situation. There were more cars than spaces in the estate and the whole thing descended in to a passive aggressive tit for tat between neighbours over who parks where. If the spaces are not on the folio and are not marked by house then anybody can park there.

Perhaps some estates manage it better but many houses will have 2-3 cars now especially shared houses. If you viewed the house during the day when most people are at work it may be misleading, go back during the evening or weekend and see what the parking setup is, i.e. are there cars abandoned everywhere.

Coming home to find both spots outside your home occupied will drive you mad eventually, I’d steer clear personally.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Butterface

Hi all,

Thanks for the replies.

I think we might pass on it regardless of whether it's in the plans. As davindub pointed out, the potential for toys, kids cycling across into your driveway, etc. is too much of a niggling point!

The hunt continues..

Advertisement