Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Token

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Well do have 'rare' steaks?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I'm sorry,
    when I hear "Token" I think of this
    200?cb=20120402010422

not this
    token.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭airmax87

Really hoping that tekken and sf cab are in good nick, can't find pictures of any of the cabs.

Looks like they are going to make their goal today!!!

-Edit or tomorrow!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Looks like they are going to make their goal today!!!

-Edit or tomorrow!
    Hopefully, I only supported it yesterday, couldn't decide if I wanted a tee or not lol :pac:, I wanted to split the mates night but there was just hooing and haaing.
    I've shared it around. Hopefully other people will see it and they'll get there. :)

they made the 35,000e

Thats very good going.

well done!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Glad to see they reached the goal, will be interesting to see how it all goes now :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Ah delighted for the lads, can't wait to get up there and have my 2 beers that make me an amazing pinball player and rack up some highscores.

Still havnt knocked off my high score on star trek that I put up last year at my birthday after a day of drinking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Los Lobos

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Glad to see they reached the goal, will be interesting to see how it all goes now :)

Hopefully they don't have you barred already ;)

• Advertisement

I'm sure that won't take long.
    Bottle of buckfast in the coat pocket ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,759 ✭✭✭Inviere

Los Lobos wrote: »
    Hopefully they don't have you barred already ;)

Just don't wear anything red, green, or blue in...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,784 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Terms and conditions apply : May go up as well as down.

Great news, cant believe they made it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,562 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

found the bar menu

o1m2r1rcnqyy.jpg

it's not really but it should be though :)

Any news on this place? Still on schedule?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

They're currently aiming for next Friday the 26th. Although I expect it might slip again.

• Advertisement

Up on their Facebook
    " We unfortunately aren't going to make our Friday ETA due to some last minute issues with the build. We want Token to be as bug-free as possible, and we’ll post the booking link once we’re given an updated beta test start date. Thanks for your support! "
    https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1963875690510250&id=1921747301389756

I'm such a Cassandra!

Well any body been yet?
    Im hearing good things.
    Going friday night to see my old pals Red & Ted.
    Pics look great (stolen from face book)

Didn't realise it was open. Pity there's not one in limerick or something similar.

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Didn't realise it was open. Pity there's not one in limerick or something similar.
    We'll set up our own one with blackjack and hookers!

• Advertisement

We'll set up our own one with blackjack and hookers!

Needs a catchy name though. You're half way there to getting a sizeable bank loan though.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

My old Tetris cab in the second pic, with a drink holder screwed to it ! Suppose it has to be done haha. Looks deadly to be honest.
    Well any body been yet?
    Im hearing good things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,759 ✭✭✭Inviere

My old Tetris cab in the second pic, with a drink holder screwed to it ! Suppose it has to be done haha. Looks deadly to be honest.

Am I right in thinking my our old Tekken 3 cab lives there now too?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Actually I ended up giving that to Jack Burton . I was going to make that a MK2, but I ended up buying an original one then never got around to using yours. So passed it on to Jack. Token have that mortal kombat 2 now as well , sold them that and Tetris.

The MK2 is being reborn atm !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭geotrig

Well any body been yet?
    Im hearing good things.

I got excited there for a second as i read it as they had a red tent ...

any notably good games ? are they running originals or mame /boots do ye know ?

and whats the setup pay per play or other ? , in dublin tomorrow so might see if i can get in

sticks !!! :pac:

geotrig wrote: »
    I got excited there for a second as i read it as they had a red tent ...

any notably good games ? are they running originals or mame /boots do ye know ?

and whats the setup pay per play or other ? , in dublin tomorrow so might see if i can get in

All PCBS :D

machines are on tokens.
    notable games for me are medievel madness and tales of the Arabian nights:cool:

18922151_1971381969759622_2365595333547238215_n.jpg?oh=9baf68648b5465e97101d973c2239668&oe=599CD96B

Some of us managed to go in before the last A&R meetup.

It's pretty nice. Tokens are reasonably priced, think they've got the price point right.

Some of the machines are a bit old so aren't 100% perfect. Mario Kart was super acting up when I played it... also I had to play Ghosts and Goblins with my left hand on the buttons as the right hand buttons aren't terribly responsive.

Needs a catchy name though. You're half way there to getting a sizeable bank loan though.
    sticks !!! :pac:
    Inspired! Joyshticks :pac:
    If anyone wants to look at the Tolkien coin from Token, it's just like a gif
    Link
    I had this up in AandR I forgot to post here.

• Advertisement

Ha ha the joys of autocorrect .... I wish I was that inspired , unfortunately I was referring to the trend setting gaming "restaurant" that was stix

Ha ha the joys of autocorrect .... I wish I was that inspired , unfortunately I was referring to the trend setting gaming "restaurant" that was stix
    Ah! Thought you were saying we were in the sticks plus there's a place here called Stix/Sticks.
    Ah well, fun while it lasted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

I feel like the Pac Man machine is overclocked or otherwise running too fast - the fact that some of the mid-screen animations sort of mess up confirms this. Wonder if that could be fixed, it makes the game quite speedy and tough to play compared to a regular machine!

I had the 77k high score but someone has topped it at 88k, becoming obsessed with beating it :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

J_E wrote: »
    I feel like the Pac Man machine is overclocked or otherwise running too fast - the fact that some of the mid-screen animations sort of mess up confirms this. Wonder if that could be fixed, it makes the game quite speedy and tough to play compared to a regular machine!

I had the 77k high score but someone has topped it at 88k, becoming obsessed with beating it :mad:

Maybe its running a 60-in-1 pcb ? Think there are a few speed hack versions on the those boards.

True could be a Multiboard "PCB".

I look forward to it, not sure on the price yet at 50c a go, will see how much i waste there.

Depends on the game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Maybe its running a 60-in-1 pcb ? Think there are a few speed hack versions on the those boards.

Do you think there'd be a regular speed version? I might bring it up with them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

It's totally possible they have the dip switch settings wrong, if it's a 60in1 anyway, I've never seen an original board but I'd imagine it's the same.
    Dip Sw 7 should be off. I have a couple of multigame boards though and the speeds are not always accurate to the originals.
    ref page12
    http://www.koceraj.hu/Koceraj/Mi_ez_files/60-in-1_Arcade_Manual.pdf

Is it Ms Pac Man? As that is quicker than standard old man Pac Man

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

The MK2 is being reborn atm !
    ]

Just finished recessing the screws for the new metal CP tonight :cool:

But I'm really excited about getting into Token. One of my mates in dublin was there last week and told me, and I quote, "You're going to loose your **** in there"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

All PCBS :D

machines are on tokens.
    notable games for me are medievel madness and tales of the Arabian nights:cool:

18922151_1971381969759622_2365595333547238215_n.jpg?oh=9baf68648b5465e97101d973c2239668&oe=599CD96B

That looks like it's better value to buy the 50 token/20euro option than the 120 token/50euro option... You'd be only gaining 10 tokens for every 100euro spent though.

(If my maths are correct :pac: )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

You'd even be 2 tokens better off if you had €50 to spend, and bought 2 sets of 50, and one set of 22...

I was wondering alright if they may be running 60-1s for some of the older boards ..it makes alot of business sense and in a way and could explain speed differences ..it could be just old boards repaired with different speed crystals as well though.

Didn't make in there at all myself found it too late / early for me ,it wasn't open yet and i hadn't time to get to it when it did open . :( at least i know where it is now for when i'm up the next time .

I'm going later.
    really looking forward to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭here.from.day.1

Was there last night, was pretty good but big queues/crowds around machines. So trying to get around, let alone get a game was difficult. Some of the problem was that there were quite a few ahem, stubborn, people going for high score runs that were hogging machines for a long time with loads of tokens. Suggestions for co-op were met with scoffs. :(

Food looked great but unfortunately couldn't get a spot at a table. Staff were really nice, maybe expect one lass behind the bar that had issues with the card machine overcharging a couple of times. :pac: Pinball area definitely needs a bin more light, especially for the ones that barely illuminate themselves.

Overall though the design of the place is cool, really liked all the signs and the green pipes in the bathroom! Met loads of nice people and nearly everyone seemed to be having a great time. Will be interesting to see how it balances out over time!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

I'm booked in for 9 later too. been last week, gotta keep that Ghost n Goblins high score.

safetyboy wrote: »
    I'm booked in for 9 later too. been last week, gotta keep that Ghost n Goblins high score.

Nice one Jay!
    I'll see you there.
    I'll probably be pissed by 9. Ha ha ha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Roll on pay day and I'll have a night out in there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

Nice one Jay!
    I'll see you there.
    I'll probably be pissed by 9. Ha ha ha

Deadly i'll be pissed by 7 :D

safetyboy wrote: »

What's the high score up to now? I got the first one on it... quickly beaten.

• Advertisement
Advertisement