Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has anyone tried retr0brite?

Options
  • 01-07-2011 11:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭

Thinking of makin up some of this.
    I had all my consoles in storage for the last 2 years, my mint nes was in the attic boxed and when opened it's completely yellowed, wouldn't mind cleaning the snes while I'm at it.
    Here's a link to the stuff
    http://retr0bright.wikispaces.com/
    after_eight_hours.jpg
    Anyone have any experience making it and where did they get the ingredients in Ireland?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,181 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

keep meaning to make some up and give it a try , I've a few plastics that need cleaning!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Same here. Want to shine up the dreamcast. I think I have some old keyboards that I could test on too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,854 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Yeah, I've used it a good bit.

You need to wait until there is a bit of sun out to get it to work properly, unless you have a UV lamp that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Just looking to locate the ingrediaents

Oxy Stain Remover Powder (Tesco own brand & vanish)

anyone know where to source
    Hydrogen Peroxide (30% strength)
    Xanthan Gum
    Glycerine

I've a UV lamp

• Registered Users Posts: 8,854 ✭✭✭Steve X2

You'll get most of the bits you need in a Chemist. They may ask you a few questions about what its for as some of the items are controlled I think.

I got them in the old style Chemist in Monkstown.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

Just looking to locate the ingrediaents

Oxy Stain Remover Powder (Tesco own brand & vanish)

anyone know where to source
    Hydrogen Peroxide (30% strength)
    Xanthan Gum
    Glycerine

I've a UV lamp

Glycerine - pharmacy
    Hydrogen Peroxide - hair dresser supplies shop, there is one on Middle Abbey St.

Oxy thingy - not necessary needed, but Lidl brand does the same job and costs much less!

Advertisement