Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Mario Kart 64

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,222 ✭✭✭robman60

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Just wan't sure if they had recycled the track in DD like they did with a lot of tracks in the Wii version. Haven't played n64 Kart in yonks.
    I don't think its too difficult a track compared to Wario's Gold Mine on Wii, just cannot do well on that track. Hate multiplayer on it though as red shells aren't that effective and my brother wins it every time.:mad:
    There's a huge shortcut on Wario's Gold Mine, which you're probably aware of. True, red sheels in MKW seem to hit items such as banana skins, and are easily broken on corners. Not nearly as effective as they were in previous editions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭valleyoftheunos

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    There's a Rainbow Road in every Mario Kart and they are all different. The one inf DD is one of the best tracks in the game and a bitch to master. The one in MK64 is the longest track in the game with very few corners, it takes forever to do one lap, and therefore is really tedious and boring. Rainbow Road is usually the highlight of a Mario Kart game but in 64 is was the worst track in the game.

There is also a massive, and reasonably easy, exploit right off the start line, pull it off once and the race is yours to loose. Manage it twice and you could go out for a smoke, comeback, and still win easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,972 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Never been a fan of MK64, but I wouldn't call it the worst in the series.

Wii and GC share that title for me.

DS version is good fun, but it annoys me that fifteen years later, it takes longer to complete a SMK track in MKDS than it does in SMK*.

*Not sure if the SMK times can be matched with the use of snaking.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,806 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

DS version is good fun, but it annoys me that fifteen years later, it takes longer to complete a SMK track in MKDS than it does in SMK*.

*Not sure if the SMK times can be matched with the use of snaking.

Those tracks were made longer and wider to accomodate the power sliding mechanic in the newer games.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

**** game!! Super Mario Kart though - heaven!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement