Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Winter Wonderland

Options
  • 13-10-2004 10:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭

UK Media today were reporting that there'll be a chill in the air this winter.... what do we expect in Ireland???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

yes its true, Winter in Ireland this year could well be a bit cold...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Have you noticed how it has gotten suddenly colder in the last week or so, It would be better than some of the winter storms we have been getting the last few years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭Dale

Well what i saw on the news yesterday lunch time, im getting worried about the climate. Supposed to be snowing next week, winter storms in December and Severe Blizzards in january... well im ready for it, my pipes arent though...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

mother nature can produce horrors worse than any movie maker.

if your on the web again dale you should google the big freeze of 1962 you might find it interesting.

WOW! Thanks Billy! I've just red about it on BBC... The Big Freeze

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭LFCFan

I've heard something about a lack of sun spot activity lately which is a big indicator that there will be a severe winter ahead. There's also all the usual nature signs that people are always talking about. eg. my parents' holly tree is teeming with berries already and any other year that has happened we've had a pretty bad (or good if you love snow) winter. I for one would love some decent snowfall, if only to get a few days off work :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

Dale wrote:
    well im ready for it, my pipes arent though...

The ones in your house presumably?

Sleipnir wrote:
    The ones in your house presumably?
    Well what other pipes are there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭magpie

I wouldn't rush out and buy snow shoes and a skiddoo just yet: http://www.metcheck.com/premium/winter2004.asp?lat=53&lon=-6&locationID=297

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,732 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

today around 3.50pm i was walking up the Wyattville road towards the Cherrywood/N11 Interchange to get a bus and from out of nowhere this freak localised wind lasting about 20 seconds came, it felt like about 80mph gusts - the wind was blowing against us and we were literally walking on the spot as the wicked wind was preventing us from making any progress till teh wind dyed down to a bare breeze again- not sure that todays experience is anything to go by but it certainly freaked me out.

• Advertisement

It was really windy last night AND there was lightning but no thunder...

Hey Dale,
    It's great to have ya here.
    Can't remember if I said welcome :0

Could ye put the weather reports when ya want to into the rain or shine sticky at the top of the forum page.
    Specefic weather situations or discussions on possible future weather scenarios etc get their own thread but the reports are better in the R+S thread :)

Hi Earthman :D

So do you want the Hurricane threads that i do posted in the R+S thread if i need to post more?

Nah Dale,the hurricane threads and stuff like that can be their own thread.
    The R+S thread is just for daily observations and the like :)

Ohhh... ok ;)

Well thanks for heads up ;)

Advertisement