Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hurricane Karl

Options
  • 20-09-2004 11:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭

He's on his way, but hes taking a divertion :D

Yeah, the predicted route for KARL is as shown below.
    171008W5.gif

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

well its been known to happen

Hurricane Debbie 1961

track.gif

green line = Tropical Depression
    Yellow Line = Tropical Storm
    Red Line = Hurricane
    Purple Line = Major Hurricane
    White Line = Extremely Dangerous Hurricane

Actually look where the last hurricane Karl ended up

track.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭Dale

erm... it seems to be heading kinda our way, just like Debbie did :\

Not forgetting the infamous hurricane charlie-1985 or 86 I think, washed away bridges galore and put Bray co wicklow under a cornwall style flood/torrent 9ft deep.
    The dodder covered half of Ballsbridge for that one aswell!

Charlie was a GOM huricane though and by the time it got here it was only an extratropical storm.

Debbie, like Karl is a Cape Verde hurricane.

edit: That five day forcast map is starting to look a bit silly why does it have to be zoomed out so far?

also with reference to hurricane Charley. It was August 1986 and I remember it well
    track.gif

Oh and dale I notice your a new member. Well Welcome to Boards.ie

I see Karl is heading to the North of us all, hopefully it doesnt change course. Ireland will get the worst the I'd recieve the left overs, thats if it does change course...

• Advertisement

It feels like its been windy here for the past week, I can't see this changing course at this stage, but then who would have thought Ivan would keep heading west as it did.

You will find these maps change like the weather :D

Oh and dale I notice your a new member. Well Welcome to Boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Well it looks like we are going to get the tail of hurricane Karl, we can expect some high wind anyway :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

edit: That five day forcast map is starting to look a bit silly why does it have to be zoomed out so far?
    Jebus, becuase it's a five day track.

The uncertainties are usually dominant in anything over three. With a hurricane or extra-tropical storm any track is best described as a guide, the way the NHC do them is best ie with enourmous areas of uncertainty. Even then the uncertainty tracks are probably understated.

Advertisement