Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Residential Mortgage Valuers

Options
  • 06-02-2019 3:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

AIB have just over 50 Residential Mortgage Valuers in the Dublin region on their recommended list.

I assume as these are the professionals they have a methodology that can more accurately calculate the value of a property than the average house hunter.

Does anyone have an outline of the methods they use to arrive at a monetary value for a specific property?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Zenify

AIB have just over 50 Residential Mortgage Valuers in the Dublin region on their recommended list.

I assume as these are the professionals they have a methodology that can more accurately calculate the value of a property than the average house hunter.

Does anyone have an outline of the methods they use to arrive at a monetary value for a specific property?

From what I hear they just confirm the property exists and it's not way overvalued. It's just someone the bank can trust and probably a money earner for them too. They put a value on it but I wouldn't call it the most accurate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭amcalester

They'll generally be an auctioneer who will ask how much the house is going for, and then check that it exists and value it at that price.

For BOI at least they have a form to fill in and boxes to tick and that's about it.

I got 2 done last year by 2 different valuers, 1 went inside and the other didn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Checking at least 2 comparable sales in the past year is also a reference point.

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Askthe EA

amcalester wrote: »

I got 2 done last year by 2 different valuers, 1 went inside and the other didn't.

What?????????

Anyway, its basically a statement of our professional opinion of value.

We confirm its location, its size (including site), how many bedrooms etc.

We confirm to the bank its condition and whether we believe there are any issues which may need an engineers report.

We must also comment on any possible risks to the bank (flooding, subsidence etc)

We must then support our valuation by giving 2/3 comparable valuations.

(its not a money earner at €150!!!)

Advertisement