Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Farm safety grants

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,361 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

tripperman wrote: »
    i priced a roller door for the hay shed two weeks ago, decided i would ring yesterday and check price again, theres 450 on the price now, he says the steel is going up in price, ill doing a sliding door instead

Ya have to love the irish industries

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Mulumpy

Its a great scheme if ya have a lot of money to spend but the 2k ceiling rules a lot of people out. I intended putting in a calving gate this year but may put it off now as suppliers are gonna hike up their prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭tripperman

Reggie. wrote: »
    Ya have to love the irish industries

ah you got to, right as a grant announced price of steel goes up

• Registered Users Posts: 9,199 ✭✭✭tanko

Got the form yesterday, these are the payment rates.

Cattle Handling Facilities

Mobile cattle crush (min 2.4m long). €1,568.00 each

Mobile cattle penning max 75 linear metres (in combination with a cattle handling unit). €43.50 per linear metre

Mobile cattle weighing scales €1,164.00 each

Leg Hoist/Lifter €378.70 each

Head scoop €251.70 each

Slat Replacement / Tank Covers / Tank Fencing

Safety fencing for external slurry and effluent stores €54.70 per linear metre

Solid cover for external slurry and effluent stores €57.10 per metre squared

Safety covers on external agitation points or manholes. €407.00 each

Replacement of damaged slats (single/twin/gang) or removal of existing internal agitation point and replacement by gang slat. €56.80 per metre squared

Replacement of end wall of tank and provision of external agitation point €4,125 each.

Circulation pipe (6") to allow for agitation of slurry. €13.30 per linear metre

Simple Aeration Systems. €58.05 per metre squared of tank

Installation of calving gates €148.90 per linear metre

Safety rails on silo walls. €23.30 per linear metre

Replacement of a hinged door/sheeted gate with a new sliding door/roller door on agricultural buildings. €84.80 per metre squared

Retrofitting roof clear sheet (roof light) with safety cages €47.50 per clear light

Wiring / Rewiring existing farm building. €6.70 per metre squared

Yard Lights (min 200W equivalent, either metal halide or LED) €237.50 per item

Mobile Sheep Handling Facilities

Mobile sheep spraying equipment on trailer €9,500 per item

Mobile sheep spraying equipment, without trailer. €3705.00 per item

Portable sheep handling race with wheels (including footbah). €3,186.54 per item

Portable basic sheep handling race €881.96 per item

Mobile sheep weighing scales €845.92 per item

Mobile sheep rollover crate. €847.92 per item

Mobile sheep "batch" footbath. €654.02 per item

Mobile sheep penning max 75 linear metres (in combination with a sheep handling unit) €27.93 per linear metre

Mobile sheep adoption unit front €111.05 per item

Mobile sheep adoption unit front with penning. €224.08 per item

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Mad4simmental

Don't think I'll bother with this atall. I'll get a nice scales on dd next year with all the new ones going to be orderd! :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Cow Porter

tanko wrote: »
    Got the form yesterday, these are the payment rates.

Cattle Handling Facilities

Mobile cattle crush (min 2.4m long). €1,568.00 each

Mobile cattle penning max 75 linear metres (in combination with a cattle handling unit). €43.50 per linear metre

Mobile cattle weighing scales €1,164.00 each

Leg Hoist/Lifter €378.70 each

Head scoop €251.70 each

Slat Replacement / Tank Covers / Tank Fencing

Safety fencing for external slurry and effluent stores €54.70 per linear metre

Solid cover for external slurry and effluent stores €57.10 per metre squared

Safety covers on external agitation points or manholes. €407.00 each

Replacement of damaged slats (single/twin/gang) or removal of existing internal agitation point and replacement by gang slat. €56.80 per metre squared

Replacement of end wall of tank and provision of external agitation point €4,125 each.

Circulation pipe (6") to allow for agitation of slurry. €13.30 per linear metre

Simple Aeration Systems. €58.05 per metre squared of tank

Installation of calving gates €148.90 per linear metre

Safety rails on silo walls. €23.30 per linear metre

Replacement of a hinged door/sheeted gate with a new sliding door/roller door on agricultural buildings. €84.80 per metre squared

Retrofitting roof clear sheet (roof light) with safety cages €47.50 per clear light

Wiring / Rewiring existing farm building. €6.70 per metre squared

Yard Lights (min 200W equivalent, either metal halide or LED) €237.50 per item

Mobile Sheep Handling Facilities

Mobile sheep spraying equipment on trailer €9,500 per item

Mobile sheep spraying equipment, without trailer. €3705.00 per item

Portable sheep handling race with wheels (including footbah). €3,186.54 per item

Portable basic sheep handling race €881.96 per item

Mobile sheep weighing scales €845.92 per item

Mobile sheep rollover crate. €847.92 per item

Mobile sheep "batch" footbath. €654.02 per item

Mobile sheep penning max 75 linear metres (in combination with a sheep handling unit) €27.93 per linear metre

Mobile sheep adoption unit front €111.05 per item

Mobile sheep adoption unit front with penning. €224.08 per item

Where did ya get the list? Doesn't seem to be online

Got it from an agricultural consultant.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭newholland

I have single slats in the middle if a 5 bad shed for agitating. If I replace this with one with concrete manhole will this be covered under grant?

If not can you put steel manhole in shed?

If I replaced end single slats with a man hole is this covered?

newholland wrote: »
    I have single slats in the middle if a 5 bad shed for agitating. If I replace this with one with concrete manhole will this be covered under grant?

If not can you put steel manhole in shed?

If I replaced end single slats with a man hole is this covered?

I could be wrong but anything that involves agitating slurry inside a shed isn't covered. You could replace slats outside the shed with a gang slat with an opening for agitating and that would be covered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭The Cuban

Cow Porter wrote: »
    Where did ya get the list? Doesn't seem to be online
    Doesn't seem to be online[/QUOTE]

You just need to be connected to the CIA to find it !

http://www.agriculture.gov.ie/media/migration/farmingschemesandpayments/farmbuildings/farmbuildingspecifications/pdfversions/FarmSafetySchemeReferenceCostsandExplanatoryNotes221014.pdf

Now don't ye all thank me at once now

:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

Bodacious wrote: »
    I was only going to go for leg hoist and head scoop but I guess I can't as Won't be near the 2k mark ?

You'd wonder was it primarily dreamt up to improve farmer welfare at all or was it for the benefit of the agri engineering sector. I'm so cynical!!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭sea12

Muckit wrote: »
    You'd wonder was it primarily dreamt up to improve farmer welfare at all or was it for the benefit of the agri engineering sector. I'm so cynical!!! :)

Yep would agree with you Mickit. Why didn't they take a price survey before they announced it and use that as a bench mark. This **** of engineering firms raising the price to take up the grant would drive you mad

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭st1979

bypass the crap and go north or uk. its up to you the farmer to get value. unfortunate but best answer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭I said

st1979 wrote: »
    bypass the crap and go north or uk. its up to you the farmer to get value. unfortunate but best answer

Correct fcuk the greedy fcukers,parasites any excuse same with the slatted shed grants.

• Registered Users Posts: 999 ✭✭✭nhg

When we put up our new crush & pens end of 2013/early 2014 we were refused the vat refund on the head scoop because it wasn't fixed - even though we had it welded to the head gate.
    Wouldn't mind having a scales though.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 diesel druggie

nhg wrote: »
    When we put up our new crush & pens end of 2013/early 2014 we were refused the vat refund on the head scoop because it wasn't fixed - even though we had it welded to the head gate.

This is what I was trying to say earlier it will be 40% minus 23% vat so its really a grant of 17%

• Registered Users Posts: 6,326 ✭✭✭Farmer Pudsey

This is what I was trying to say earlier it will be 40% minus 23% vat so its really a grant of 17%

As far as I know you can claim vat back on scales. I think vat regulations were changed last year and a few things were added that you could claim vat back on Hedging and weighing scales were two.

As well your calculation is wrong if vat was included it is a 26% grant. As vat is added to total the sum is 123/ so

123X0.4= 49.2 of grant aid. this leaves cost of grant aided equipment at 73.8% of ex vat cost so if you could not reclaim vat grant is 26.2%. Not to be sniffed at either.

nhg wrote: »

Look at the calculation above.

Thought that they would only pay the grant on the nett amount ie 100% less grant of 40% Nett amount payable is then 60% If you could not claim the vat back then you would be out that cost too although I think you were nearly forget about the vat reclain and use it as an expense straight away

• Advertisement

Thought that they would only pay the grant on the nett amount ie 100% less grant of 40% Nett amount payable is then 60% If you could not claim the vat back then you would be out that cost too although I think you were nearly forget about the vat reclain and use it as an expense straight away

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭epfff

As far as I know you can claim vat back on scales. I think vat regulations were changed last year and a few things were added that you could claim vat back on Hedging and weighing scales were two.

As well your calculation is wrong if vat was included it is a 26% grant. As vat is added to total the sum is 123/ so

123X0.4= 49.2 of grant aid. this leaves cost of grant aided equipment at 7

Thought the cattle and sheep equipment had to be mobile so no vat reclaim so surly grant is on full cost

Last year a lot of vat rated mobile equipment was changed so you could claim vat. I think mobile sheep penning was one along with hedging and weighting scales.

When you get a grant on non vat refundable equipment the vat is on total amount unless you are vat registered. As far as I know when slurry tankers were grant aided you got 40% of total unless vat registered. Not 100% sure but that is from memory.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,471 ✭✭✭sandydan

Reggie. wrote: »
    is that not €30 euro up on price of 100w a month ago

sandydan wrote: »

No idea but I bought 30w LEDs for 35 euro a few weeks back

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭orm0nd

Last year a lot of vat rated mobile equipment was changed so you could claim vat. I think mobile sheep penning was one along with hedging and weighting scales.

When you get a grant on non vat refundable equipment the vat is on total amount unless you are vat registered. As far as I know when slurry tankers were grant aided you got 40% of total unless vat registered. Not 100% sure but that is from memory.

vacuum tankers were 40% of price excluding vat not on the total

some of the "mobile" sheep penning/race manufacturers have brackets for bolting them down , after vat refund these brackets don't get much use !!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭orm0nd

sandydan wrote: »

I bought a similar 200 w for 64€ about 18 months ago

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭I said

http://www.donedeal.ie/view/6913906
    mobile cattle crushes
    Had a look at this Saturday serious bit of kit

• Advertisement

I said wrote: »
    http://www.donedeal.ie/view/6913906
    mobile cattle crushes
    Had a look at this Saturday serious bit of kit

Know him alright. Does have nice stuff in the yard alright

Advertisement