Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drummer looking to jam - Cork

Options
  • 12-04-2019 2:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hello,

I'm a late 30's male looking to find some people to jam with. Played in original and cover bands over the years but took a sabbatical when the kids arrived! Sorted myself out with a kit again and I'd like to get back playing.

I think the idea of becoming a rock star are done with, so only really interested in playing covers with chill folks without notions, if you know what I mean.

It's rock music I've been used to, but I'm not a music snob so I'm open to most genres.
    Thanks for reading.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 MurphyDromSli

Bumpity Bump.

Surely there's a few old farts around looking to knock it about!? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Ukeahooley

Hi there, female singer here in Cork with plenty of gig experience , interested in rock but also did the wedding band scene so interested in also getting back out there after taking a break too. Message if interested. Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Dorcha13

Hi we're looking for a drummer to join us doing funk/soul/fusion music. Doing covers but hopefully move on to originals with time. Hoping to do a few gigs.

Most of the songs with a singer but open to some instrumental tracks too.

Main influences would be Prince,The Meters, Vulfpeck and Herbie Hancock.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 saml

Hi,

my name is Sam, also late 30s after a few kids :)
    I am a songwriter based just outside of cork city. I have always written and recorded music alone and I am now thinking I will regret not playing my music within a band context. So I looking to jam my music with other musicians.
    I too am not looking to make it big or anything like that. I just would like to play my music (and a few choice covers) with a band and possibly write some more and maybe do some gigs in the future, but nothing hardcore.
    Hoping we have a similar outlook on this, so maybe have a listen to some of my songs and see what you think and if you like them, maybe we could meet up? Thanks, Sam

I cannot post url's as I am a new user but if you go onto you tube and type in crack open the flow or on the ship vast wonder (my last two albums) then some songs should come straight up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 MidCmusicman

Hi all,

Experienced guitarist here. Just wondering if you have managed to put something together.

• Advertisement
Advertisement