Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yearly Leap Card Ticket

Options
  • 15-04-2019 9:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭

I’m probably being optimistic but I bought a yearly ticket on the Bus Éireann Blue Zone. I am potentially moving house now. My ticket expires in December.

Anyone know if I can get my ticket changed to suit where I am going to be living if outside the BlueZone.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,190 ✭✭✭bobbyss

How much is that card? I didn't know you could get an annual card. I went to leaps website to find out but I could not see it anywhere. Sent off a question but only got seven day and 24 hour fares.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭GypsyByName

bobbyss wrote: »
    How much is that card? I didn't know you could get an annual card. I went to leaps website to find out but I could not see it anywhere. Sent off a question but only got seven day and 24 hour fares.

It costs about 2600 per year. I got it through the taxsaver scheme in work.

https://www.travelhub.ie

Check these guys out. BlueZone Annual ticket is not on site but you can get them. I pay €211 per month. Comes out of my salary pre tax. Not really sure how much I save.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Think the only option is refund and re-buy. Refunds are based on 10/12ths of the ticket price; and aren't that complicated to get when bought from taxsaver.ie (Irish Rail, but handle the Dublin Bus and Bus Eireann tickets too) - but it may be different with the third party supplier you're using. The last two months of the ticket get no refund.

Advertisement