Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brandy and Cigars: Off topic thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Sorry to hear about your dog Knex. One of the guys in work had to get his dog put down last Sunday. It's really getting to him and upsetting him, you can see it. :(

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Kev.OC wrote: »
    Ah, I missed the "dairy" part in the list of stuff you've stopped having? Does that mean no butter? Cause then you can't even have toast.

Wait, I have it, cereal bars! :pac:
    Trying to avoid sugar too :p

Dinner and lunch are generally okay (although most sambos tend to be leaden with cheese) but breakfast... kin hell. This morning I had a banana, some nuts (eugh), an innocent smoothie (rip off) and some rice cakes (might as well eat cardboard). I'm never going to last. I don't know how some people do it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,304 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Trying to avoid sugar too :p

Dinner and lunch are generally okay (although most sambos tend to be leaden with cheese) but breakfast... kin hell. This morning I had a banana, some nuts (eugh), an innocent smoothie (rip off) and some rice cakes (might as well eat cardboard). I'm never going to last. I don't know how some people do it.

I buy a tonne of fruit every week and have fruit salad every day so you could try that. I also drown it in yogurt which you would have to leave out along with my cereal and toast which you also can't have :D

You could try almond milk?

Boards needs a vomit smiley :p

I guess once I do some shopping it'll be better. I just haven't been able/arsed to go to Tesco due to weather/travel/boozing.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,304 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Boards needs a vomit smiley :p.

A friend of mine swears by it. I refuse to even try it :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,703 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Soya Milk Pepe!

I was told not to eat dairy so i took to the Soya.
    Ara, tis grand...after you get used to it.

I now find full fat milk woeful strong!

My mam drinks that, I've tried it a few times in desperation but wasn't swayed. It has a horrible looking texture in coffee :/

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

My mam drinks that, I've tried it a few times in desperation but wasn't swayed. It has a horrible looking texture in coffee :/
    Mmmmm coffee

Morning all, can't wait for tomorrow - pay day!

Pay Day less rent less credit card less mothers day = :(

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Pay Day less rent less credit card less mothers day = :(

Sounds like me every month..

Got rid of all my credit cards, no over draft, one small loan left and its funny how much cash I have every month now..

Granted I live a life of poverty and solitude now but as least I don't own any banks anything (apart from the small loan) :p:D

• Advertisement

I don't spend anymore on the credit card than I would have done if I was using cash. The main issue is my wages :D

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    I don't spend anymore on the credit card than I would have done if I was using cash. The main issue is my wages :D

Get used to that as it will always be the case.. :P

Never had a credit card and don't think I will either - Visa Debit ftw - if I don't have the funds I don't get it, just always been the way I've gotten things, save up for them.

That said I do have to pay my car tax this month, have an overdraft but rarely go into it

Also - BBQ Hula Hoops are the business!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

D'Agger wrote: »
    BBQ Hula Hoops are the business!

Try McCoys Flame Grilled Steak ;)

Knex. wrote: »
    Try McCoys Flame Grilled Steak ;)
    Haven't had them in a while but they were my go-to back in the day

Modern times D'Agger now goes-to Peanut Butter KitKat Chunkys :D

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Kev.OC

F*ck you, dole, back in gainful employment! :D

Well done Kev, hope you're working at something you enjoy :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Gods for you man, it's a great feeling.

When do you start?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭BonsaiKitten

Got my hurr done for the ball, the size of it! I love it but it's massive, I dunno how I'm gonna get into my dress without screwing it up. :D

Congrats Kev!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭Gongoozler

Well done Kev, you won't know yourself with all that money.

Feckin wrecked, bring on Friday.

• Advertisement

Panthro wrote: »

Ohhh that doesn't sit well with me atall

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭Gongoozler

I could almost accept the chocolate digestives, but ... Jaffa Cakes? No. I'm afraid not.

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Kev.OC

D'Agger wrote: »
    Well done Kev, hope you're working at something you enjoy :)

No idea. I'll be working as a dispatcher at the airport, i.e. making sure planes are properly loaded with everything and sent out on time. I've never done anything like it, but it seems interesting, and I can be a bit of a perfectionist so it could be a good fit.

Gods for you man, it's a great feeling.

When do you start?

Training starts on the 7th of April, so one more week to get all the lazy out of my system. :pac:

That biscuits thing...I just...no. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Got my hurr done for the ball, the size of it! I love it but it's massive, I dunno how I'm gonna get into my dress without screwing it up. :D

We all know that feeling, right guys?

:P

I loved my college balls, one of the best nights of the year. Enjoy!

- - -

As for the biscuit thing... I refuse to believe that I ever read that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,271 ✭✭✭Barna77

Well done Kev.

Re Biscuits. They may say what they want, I'll break their rules.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭entropi

Congrats on the job!

Congrats Kev!
    You're gonna crawl into your dress or pull it over your head?

Pics, etc :pac:

College balls can be great with the right crowd and band playing :D
    Panthro wrote: »
    Something doesn't sit right with me about that film. I have an awfully strong feeling that Michael Bay will ruin it more than he ruined Transformers (parts 2&3 as the main exhibits) :(

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭entropi

Oh **** it. Alright. You geta tipsy selfie of me, Jez and a microwave til whenever I wake up and delete this...
    Sound, cheers for that. It's a nice selfie too! Looks like LOADS of hair, fluffy hair...Jez I'd reckon is pretty sound also. Hope you had a good night.

Good thing I'm up early enough to see it, heh.

• Advertisement

I'm absolutely going to watch TMNT but Micheal Bay....Megan Fox....I won't be expecting much, except explosions, it's a Micheal Bay movie so as per usual 78% of the budget will go towards explosions

Advertisement