Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Brandy and Cigars: Off topic thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Finally, and I mean finally, managed to complete the 2048 game.

Must have played almost a hundred games since PR posted it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Struggling big time. Met an Italian dude to watch the game and then he persuaded me to go out to the Workman's club after as it was his birthday.

Was totally worth it though, the dude was an epic wing-man.
    Knex. wrote: »
    Was persuaded to go out as well (you really don't have to twist my arm). Was in Grafton Lounge for a good while, and ended up in Pygmalion, for some reason that's eluded me both today, and last night!

Got chatting to a pretty cool woman, and got her number to meet up with her next week. So like yourself, Pepe, was probably worth it. :D

Watch the bhiiiyyys la! :pac: :D

H'on the lads

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

So it looks like Mrs Rig put her medication in with mine so for the last week I have been taking an antihistamine instead of the stuff I am meant to be taking. Same size same shape.

Always read the label kids:pac:

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    So it looks like Mrs Rig put her medication in with mine so for the last week I have been taking an antihistamine instead of the stuff I am meant to be taking. Same size same shape.

Always read the label kids:pac:
    Disappointed it wasn't estrogen tbh :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

D'Agger wrote: »
    Disappointed it wasn't estrogen tbh :pac:
    That is true. We haven't had a moobs thread in a while

That is true. We haven't had a moobs thread in a while
    Hitting the high notes in the morning shower too :D

How's all by everyone anyway? Any plans for the week?

How are we all?

Obligatory, "Grand weather, eh?" mention. :D

Almost over the hump day! Looking forward to getting home now and heading to Ringsend Park for a while.

How are we all?

Obligatory, "Grand weather, eh?" mention. :D

Almost over the hump day! Looking forward to getting home now and heading to Ringsend Park for a while.
    I'm going for a coffee and hoping to cruise through the last half hour. Got a bit of a lie in this morning due to having physio at half 10 - worked from home for an hour then went and got my Hamstring tendon and back rubbed for an hour.

Good news is that I can return to training tomorrow, play a match Monday and physio again on Tuesday to see how it holds up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,824 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

I'm watching the original total recall on itv4.
    Terminator was so much better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Two quality movies though for me, the ultimate 80s action movie is Robocop.

Watched it again recently for the first time in a long time and its still as awesome as ever.

Morning all.

• Advertisement

What did you make of the remake of Robocop? I actually thought it was quite good....except now that I think about it I'm struggling to remember the finish!

Really annoyed this morning due to my neighbours children - two of them out playing directly in front of my house and watched on as I proceeded to roll over some other childs scooter thingy that was wedged under the car

Got some shock, nearly damaged the car but do are children not taught to go 'Hey....watch out for that thing'

They're clearly not playing enough Mario lads and that upsets me! :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,557 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Two quality movies though for me, the ultimate 80s action movie is Robocop.

Watched it again recently for the first time in a long time and its still as awesome as ever.

Morning all.

I think the original is probably my all time favourite film. I don't think I'll ever get tired of seeing it. It seamlessly blends action, story and that good aul 80s' charm. The remake was a bit disappointing in that they had an opportunity to update the original. It started off quite well with the drone controversy but that just fizzled out for big booms and PG13 shootouts.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

What did you make of the remake of Robocop? I actually thought it was quite good....except now that I think about it I'm struggling to remember the finish!

Really annoyed this morning due to my neighbours children - two of them out playing directly in front of my house and watched on as I proceeded to roll over some other childs scooter thingy that was wedged under the car

Got some shock, nearly damaged the car but do are children not taught to go 'Hey....watch out for that thing'

Havnt seen it bro, nor do I have any intention of doing so.

That's a hure having kids around but sure at least it wasn't one of the wee scour's that was under your wheel!

Havnt seen it bro, nor do I have any intention of doing so.

That's a hure having kids around but sure at least it wasn't one of the wee scour's that was under your wheel!
    Not yet :pac:

In fairness it's the only incident we've had in the 3 years I've been living there....barring the time we found a child in our sitting room! One of the lads left the door unlocked and he wandered in!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭Barna77

There's never enough Mario, never.

Not yet :pac:

In fairness it's the only incident we've had in the 3 years I've been living there....barring the time we found a child in our sitting room! One of the lads left the door unlocked and he wandered in!

Jesus!

Sorry to hear about the scooter incident. Not nice, for a multitude of reasons. Still, if that's the only thing in three years, that aint so bad.

Jesus!

Sorry to hear about the scooter incident. Not nice, for a multitude of reasons. Still, if that's the only thing in three years, that aint so bad.
    If the car had been damaged I'd have freaked....and then be known around the neighborhood as the guy who shouts at children :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭Barna77

Friend tells me that the children in one family in his housing state run into any car that drives by....

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

New PB in 2048, 32976 with 2048. I have too much free time.

• Advertisement

New PB in 2048, 32976 with 2048. I have too much free time.

I've only gotten 2048 twice, and didn't get higher than that both times :(

Stressed off my face at work, thank jebus the day is nearly done :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,557 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Stressed off my face at work, thank jebus the day is nearly done :(

I hear that. I've been here 11 hours. Think my wrist is about to give with all the pointing and clicking I've been at.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

I hear that. I've been here 11 hours. Think my wrist is about to give with all the pointing and clicking I've been at.
    It sounds like you could be at a bar

*click

You there, gimmie one of those *points at wall of liquor :pac:

I was working on my own and getting issues landed at me left right and centre, was in poor form from the morning but grand now once again. Thankfully training was pushed back 'til tomorrow night....I'd have most likely hurt myself :)

It sounds like you could be at a bar

*click

You there, gimmie one of those *points at wall of liquor :pac:

I was working on my own and getting issues landed at me left right and centre, was in poor form from the morning but grand now once again. Thankfully training was pushed back 'til tomorrow night....I'd have most likely hurt myself :)

Not too bad. I've had to bail on a barbecue because of today, just when I was beginning to get a social life sorted ass well.

Meeting recruiter this afternoon. I suppose I needed to show some interest eventually:pac:

My scepticism has been proven wrong. Recruiter sorted out 3 interviews in the last 2 weeks and I received an interesting offer today. Much to mull over the the weekend but a good 'problem' to have:)

• Advertisement

Bit of a change out there today lads and lassies.

Tis mine and burds anniversary weekend so I'm on a half day. Staying in a hotel in city centre for the next 2 nights.

Tonight we are having a girl date, dinner in Restaurant 41 followed by drinks.

Tomorrow night it's man date, Australian BBQ, copious amounts of stout and the UFC on the box.

Noice!

Anyone anything nice happening?

Not too bad. I've had to bail on a barbecue because of today, just when I was beginning to get a social life sorted ass well.

Sorry to hear man - hope it wasn't a case of you could have gone but didn't feel like it - thems the times to push through imo
    My scepticism has been proven wrong. Recruiter sorted out 3 interviews in the last 2 weeks and I received an interesting offer today. Much to mull over the the weekend but a good 'problem' to have:)

Well done PR :)
    Bit of a change out there today lads and lassies.

Tis mine and burds anniversary weekend so I'm on a half day. Staying in a hotel in city centre for the next 2 nights.

Tonight we are having a girl date, dinner in Restaurant 41 followed by drinks.

Tomorrow night it's man date, Australian BBQ, copious amounts of stout and the UFC on the box.

Noice!

Anyone anything nice happening?

Sounds like a nice weekend BC, can't wait for the McGregor fight, his opponent looks like a block!

I've training tonight and I plan on properly going hard - we've a big enough match Monday night so need to get sharp for that

Sorry to hear man - hope it wasn't a case of you could have gone but didn't feel like it - thems the times to push through imo

I have been finding it hard to motivate myself to go out but I was actually looking forward to this as I seemed to get on with the chap who was hosting it. It was at 7pm but I didn't get home until 8:30. It would have been half 9 or maybe even 10 before I landed and I had to be in work early today as well.

I have been finding it hard to motivate myself to go out but I was actually looking forward to this as I seemed to get on with the chap who was hosting it. It was at 7pm but I didn't get home until 8:30. It would have been half 9 or maybe even 10 before I landed and I had to be in work early today as well.
    Ah dose sorry to hear man - hard to motivate yourself for smalltalk - that's my problem anyway!

Ah dose sorry to hear man - hard to motivate yourself for smalltalk - that's my problem anyway!

Glad to hear I'm not the only one like that. I've moved 4 times in the last 4 years which probably isn't helping.

• Advertisement

Glad to hear I'm not the only one like that. I've moved 4 times in the last 4 years which probably isn't helping.
    True - in fairness most of my mates that I talk to always say the same thing - awkward silences & smalltalk can be annoying but they're necessary evils in order to get to know people so worth doing in some cases at least :)

True - in fairness most of my mates that I talk to always say the same thing - awkward silences & smalltalk can be annoying but they're necessary evils in order to get to know people so worth doing in some cases at least :)

I'm getting better at it but it is, as you've said a necessary evil.

How were the weekends all?

Went down home and took the mammy for lunch for her birthday, then a walk on inch, had shorts and a towel in the boot so went for a quick dip and a mint cornetto afterwards :)

Match tonight after work to look forward to and I've started to look into my brothers 30th present....hoping to go to Vegas with him so going to try get a helicopter ride over the grand canyon with a limo pickup and jaunt down the strip afterwards - looks absolutely epic!

Went to The National on Friday, which was as excellent as expected. Saturday I went on a pub crawl which was good craic, got 2 numbers and bumped into the girl from work. She’s got a boyfriend again now apparently so I didn’t try anything, but I’ll play the long game. It’ll never last! :pac:

Sunday I went for a cycle in the sun and hung out with the new flatmate in the evening. Bon weekend all round.

Went to The National on Friday, which was as excellent as expected. Saturday I went on a pub crawl which was good craic, got 2 numbers and bumped into the girl from work. She’s got a boyfriend again now apparently so I didn’t try anything, but I’ll play the long game. It’ll never last! :pac:

Sunday I went for a cycle in the sun and hung out with the new flatmate in the evening. Bon weekend all round.
    Sounds quality!

I'm looking into Nurburgring at the moment, thinking of heading over to do a few laps, maybe head via France - much longer trip but would try to see Normandy, Bastogne & Belgiums Ardennes region, Nurburgring & finally Munich if there's time

Pipe dream stuff but with the new car now's the best time to try it I think

• Registered Users Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭BonsaiKitten

Went away to Santa Cruz over the weekend. Absolutely shattered now!

Was it foggy?

Lads what do ye do to cope with heat? I feel like I'm being cooked alive and it's dark outside ffs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Eat ice cream.

Sounds fattening which might lead to me retaining heat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Cool pop.

Lads what do ye do to cope with heat? I feel like I'm being cooked alive and it's dark outside ffs.

I love it!

Drink more water :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭BonsaiKitten

Was it foggy?

Santa Cruz, God no.

San Francisco, hell yes!

Santa Cruz, God no.
    Boo.
    San Francisco, hell yes!
    Yay!

When I went to Santa Cruz it was cold and miserable. San Fran was nice. Hurray :D

Thinking of buying an Indiependence ticket today. The Monday is the bank holiday, and I already have that Friday off work, so it works out nicely.

D'Aggs, you went last year, did ya? Or am I dreaming that up? :pac:

Thinking of buying an Indiependence ticket today. The Monday is the bank holiday, and I already have that Friday off work, so it works out nicely.

D'Aggs, you went last year, did ya? Or am I dreaming that up? :pac:
    Went the last two years - first year was a mess due to weather and poor planning around that factor - last year was unreal craic!

A good few of my mates are going this year but I'm not so sure whether I'll go or not, I've the Friday and the week following the Bank Holiday off but I'm shattered lately, haven't had time off since Christmas so could do with just chilling!

Went the last two years - first year was a mess due to weather and poor planning around that factor - last year was unreal craic!

A good few of my mates are going this year but I'm not so sure whether I'll go or not, I've the Friday and the week following the Bank Holiday off but I'm shattered lately, haven't had time off since Christmas so could do with just chilling!

Just bit the bullet and bought the ticket anyway. Have a few friends going, and I loved Life Festival, even when that turned into a mud bath.

110 Euro is pretty good value for what you get, all things considered!

On a side note, I'm seriously struggling with sleep lately. I go through phases, but haven't been this bad in around 2 years. Can't get to sleep before three, seemingly.

Just bit the bullet and bought the ticket anyway. Have a few friends going, and I loved Life Festival, even when that turned into a mud bath.

110 Euro is pretty good value for what you get, all things considered!

On a side note, I'm seriously struggling with sleep lately. I go through phases, but haven't been this bad in around 2 years. Can't get to sleep before three, seemingly.
    Yeah that's the thing - it's a fairly good festival crowd wise - very little hassle at it and good craic to be had.

One of my mates went to Body & Soul this year and said it was like they took everything from Indie & just improved it with minor things that made a big difference. I think I'd simply prefer to go camping on a beach with some mates and chill out than go to Indie again - might go to a different festival next year i.e. Body & soul

Sleep is rarely an issue for me but it was so humid last night and I'd played a match so I was completely shattered yet unable to sleep, it was frustrating!

Yeah, heard great things about Body & Soul, especially this year. Like a combo of Life and Indie, which sounds amazing to me.

• Advertisement

Yeah, heard great things about Body & Soul, especially this year. Like a combo of Life and Indie, which sounds amazing to me.
    Line up at B&S is way better too

I think that Indies line up this year is as poor as it's been tbh. There's some good acts there in Delorentos, Hozier, Tom Odell but last year they had some brilliant DJs and it hasn't been replicated this year

Toby Kaar, MMOTHS & Aeroplane were brilliant last year

Advertisement