Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Forum Closed  

28-10-2008, 12:23   #1
couerdelion

Larger Size Costumes

Hi

I'm looking for something for the larger gent for halloween.
I'm 6ft 4" so a lot of them seem too short as I'm more like a 34" inside leg and around 40" waist.

It doesn't have to be just a halloween costume anything will do really.

Any suggestions?
28-10-2008, 12:53   #2

Hey,

What about Frankenstein? You could get a really old suit (possibly from a second hand shop) and fray the ends of the trousers.

A bit of white & black face paint and something to look like screws for the neck.

I'm 6'3" and I went as Worsel Gumedge last year. Got some old gear from a charity shop for less than €20, a bag of bedding straw from a pet shop €2 and was pretty much set.

Going as an Uumpa Lumpa this year with a mate thats 6'5"!!

Good luck
28-10-2008, 16:47   #3
the_syco
FLUFFINESS!!!

X-Large would suit you. The legs, at 32" may be a bit small, but everything else should suit you. 6 foot 6 myself, leg @ 34" usually, but getting a 32" X-Large pimp costume from TheCostumeShop.ie

Hoping it won't be too short.
29-10-2008, 00:17   #4
TheCostumeShop.ie: Ronan
Verified representative

Hi couerdelion,

Yeah its something that totally amazes me the lack of thought our suppliers give to tall people. It's something i going to work on next year to have a better range.

I would suggest something that either you can wear your own trousers with (ie black trousers) or something such as Zeus (below) that doesnt require trousers so height isnt a factor:

http://www.thecostumeshop.ie/extra-l...plus-size.html

@the_syco let me know how if the costume suits you, should be with you today, if it doesnt you can always sent it back for a refund.
29-10-2008, 20:26   #5
the_syco
FLUFFINESS!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fancy Dresser View Post
@the_syco let me know how if the costume suits you, should be with you today, if it doesnt you can always sent it back for a refund.
Fits nicely. The 32" fits a 34" inside leg

Forgot to order the Aviator Glasses, though Would have completed the look. Meh. Will pop into town tomorrow evening and see if I can grab one in Dublin.
Forum Closed