Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

17-10-2020, 22:26   #46
Gael23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlehorny View Post
Have lived here 19 years, not a bad oul spot at all to be honest with you.
Is the 103 the only bus to Dublin?
Good thing with Kildare is you have the M3 service
Advertisement
17-10-2020, 23:09   #47
Littlehorny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gael23 View Post
Is the 103 the only bus to Dublin?
Good thing with Kildare is you have the M3 service
Don't work in Dublin but many of my neighbours get the bus in and out for work, as far as I know there is a bus every 20 minutes and I think there is a private operator as well.
Maybe an online search will help you on this?
There is way too many people commuting in and out from here for there not to be a decent service.
17-10-2020, 23:53   #48
ongarboy

If you work near Docklands train station which is just behind Convention centre, then Ongar in Dublin 15 is a great location commute wise (25 mins from Hansfield to Docklands on train). A fair few 2 bed apartments and own door duplexes (much cheaper management fees) are around the 200k mark on the property websites. Village with Dunnes Stores, cafes, bar, pharmacy etc only few minutes walk from anywhere in Ongar. Royal canal is a lovely walking amenity nearby too.

I've happily lived here 15 years and commuted by train to IFSC all of that time pre COVID. Area has high number of renters so can be transient population at times but there is still a decent community spirit/tidy town group etc. Blanchardstown SC and M50 less than 10 mins by car and new Bus Connect services will have new more direct bus services to town also. Worth considering for your budget.
18-10-2020, 15:02   #49
Mad_maxx

clonee perhaps ?
Thanks from:
18-10-2020, 18:26   #50
Gael23

Quote:
Originally Posted by ongarboy View Post
If you work near Docklands train station which is just behind Convention centre, then Ongar in Dublin 15 is a great location commute wise (25 mins from Hansfield to Docklands on train). A fair few 2 bed apartments and own door duplexes (much cheaper management fees) are around the 200k mark on the property websites. Village with Dunnes Stores, cafes, bar, pharmacy etc only few minutes walk from anywhere in Ongar. Royal canal is a lovely walking amenity nearby too.

I've happily lived here 15 years and commuted by train to IFSC all of that time pre COVID. Area has high number of renters so can be transient population at times but there is still a decent community spirit/tidy town group etc. Blanchardstown SC and M50 less than 10 mins by car and new Bus Connect services will have new more direct bus services to town also. Worth considering for your budget.
Blanchardstown/Ongar/Ashtowm area seems like a good area to look.
I have a medical condition which means I can’t drive and that’s not changing for the foreseeable future so public transport and being close to amenities is critical.
If I saw the perfect house but it wasn’t near shops or a bus that would be a deal breaker
Advertisement
18-10-2020, 20:28   #51
Skylinehead
Hennes IX

Quote:
Are there any parts of Finglas that are a no go? Seen a really nice 2 bed apartment close to everything I need for 215k
Yeah there's certainly areas I wouldn't even consider. Anywhere near Dunsink, and anywhere in Kildonan Park/Casement Park (Northwest Finglas basically). Very, very rough. The areas around Tolka Park are a bit better, and anything east of the Finglas Road is much better. Ballygall Crescent/Parade being a little less upscale but perfectly manageable.
(2) thanks from:
18-10-2020, 20:34   #52
Gael23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylinehead View Post
Yeah there's certainly areas I wouldn't even consider. Anywhere near Dunsink, and anywhere in Kildonan Park/Casement Park (Northwest Finglas basically). Very, very rough. The areas around Tolka Park are a bit better, and anything east of the Finglas Road is much better. Ballygall Crescent/Parade being a little less upscale but perfectly manageable.
It’s in Prosepect Hill Finglas
Thanks from:
18-10-2020, 20:49   #53
handlemaster

Wait until middle of next year. The prices should drop. Nothing like a recession and lots of job losses to drive prices down
Thanks from:
21-10-2020, 20:54   #54
Skylinehead
Hennes IX

Quote:
It’s in Prosepect Hill Finglas
Ah I used to live just down the road from there. It's grand, no real trouble around that area. It's almost Glasnevin.
Advertisement
Yesterday, 16:14   #55
Idbatterim

Quote:
Originally Posted by handlemaster View Post
Wait until middle of next year. The prices should drop. Nothing like a recession and lots of job losses to drive prices down
no doubt they will bust again, could be in a year or three or more. really depends on your personal circumstances... if you are being robbed on rent and have ability to buy now, it might make sense. #

if living at home or have cheap rent somewhere, you might stick. so many factors at play,,,
Yesterday, 16:52   #56
starlit

Quote:
Blanchardstown/Ongar/Ashtowm area seems like a good area to look.
I have a medical condition which means I can’t drive and that’s not changing for the foreseeable future so public transport and being close to amenities is critical.
If I saw the perfect house but it wasn’t near shops or a bus that would be a deal breaker
It's a bit harder to find a place when not driving alright. Though its worth looking into and researching public transport where ever you choose that's close to the area you be in and can get you to work aswell.

Blanchardstown and that direction be roughly 30 mins by bus when not in rush hour but could take nearly an hour to get to city when traffic is heavy be mindful of that, trains/luas might be a better option in those circumstances as they take you straight into the city.

Have you considered other counties just outside of Dublin even with trains/buses and commute? Kildare, Meath, Louth and Wicklow are options.

Kildare probably best bet with regular trains and Meath is better for bus transport especially out the Navan Road direction/M3 and N3. Wicklow serves both trains and buses but the trains can be fairly full at rush hour pre-covid! Ashbourne is a good bit out I'm not sure how well it served by public transport I know buses going via Navan and Kells are well catered for as they cover blanchardstown and clonee aswell. A town or village probably be the ideal place for you really in Dublin, Kildare or Meath. Ashtown is served by buses and trains. Other areas near it are served by buses mainly. There are a few trains that pass near those areas as well. Lucan, Celbridge and Lexlip are worth looking into aswell.

It depends where you are working. I think look into that first and then see where it can take you back. Sticking with one form of transport is better than having to go on two or three buses/trains!

Living near the motorways it depends if they are served by buses regularly. I know Clonee and places out that direction are served by buses often. Have you looked into South Dublin rather than North Dublin? Further out to Citywest, Dundrum, Sandyford or Stepaside might be places to consider for apartments aswell if you wish to stay in the Dublin region.

Last edited by starlit; Yesterday at 16:56.
(2) thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion