Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

06-08-2020, 13:07   #16
Potatoeman

You’re at the age where house sharing has just become a headache. It’s fine when you are young but it’s pot luck with who you share with. Don’t get too stressed about it. Read some flat mate horror stories and you’ll realise things could be worse. Try some meditation and exercise to reduce stress. Maybe stick to your room and get out more so your not stuck in the thick of it. The guys in their 40’s should be motivation not to be house sharing in your 40’s!
Advertisement
06-08-2020, 21:00   #17
redarmyblues

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFH79 View Post
Hi, thanks for good word. Isn't there requirement that once you sign up for HAP with landlord you need to stay for at least 2 years? Is really taking that long to get HAP, I thought once form are signed you're good to go.
The expectation is that you stay two years.

Last edited by redarmyblues; 06-08-2020 at 21:23.
06-08-2020, 21:12   #18
horsey63

Just something to possibly consider, The Home Share. Had looked into this for my dad earlier this year, but he was too ill and subsequently passed, but his sister, my aunt, is now in the early stages of the process. Might not be every ones cup of tea, but a good match can be great. I was kind of surprised that my aunt (78) was interested as she is still fully independant, driving etc, but she feels she would like a presence at night in the house and afaik once you are happy with the match, its a one year commitment - might just give you some space and time to think what direction you want to go in
Thanks from:
06-08-2020, 21:23   #19
redarmyblues

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinkbomb View Post
I'm sorry but that's not the case. Housing Associations are assigning tenants to properties every day of the week, with names from the council lists. Most of them are on HAP in private renting.
Housing Associations take from the social housing list on behalf of the County Councils. Only a small number of allocations are direct council now.
What you need to do is get on to gov.ie people because their site says 'HAP is for people who have a long-term housing need and who qualify for social housing support. A person’s housing need is met by HAP and the person is removed from the housing waiting list' when they correct that for you can get back to me then.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...Lwu3xscpvBUAlC
(2) thanks from:
13-08-2020, 10:30   #20
stinkbomb

Quote:
Originally Posted by redarmyblues View Post
What you need to do is get on to gov.ie people because their site says 'HAP is for people who have a long-term housing need and who qualify for social housing support. A person’s housing need is met by HAP and the person is removed from the housing waiting list' when they correct that for you can get back to me then.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...Lwu3xscpvBUAlC
Unless they apply to the transfer list, which literally every single person who gets HAP does. I actually work in this area, I can assure you that what I said is the truth.
Advertisement
20-08-2020, 13:32   #21
DFH79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potatoeman View Post
You’re at the age where house sharing has just become a headache. It’s fine when you are young but it’s pot luck with who you share with. Don’t get too stressed about it. Read some flat mate horror stories and you’ll realise things could be worse. Try some meditation and exercise to reduce stress. Maybe stick to your room and get out more so your not stuck in the thick of it. The guys in their 40’s should be motivation not to be house sharing in your 40’s!

Hi, sorry for late response, was consumed with things going on. The problem is house would be in much worse state, I'm kinda working as wall that holds the tide. Thank you for motivation sentence.
20-08-2020, 13:37   #22
DFH79

Hi guys, let's say I do get approved for HAP, but landlord property doesn't. Is there anyway not to go through eviction process if landlord can't afford to implement necessary standards? Don't want to be burden for my landlord.
20-08-2020, 15:23   #23
stinkbomb

The standards are very low (despite what some LL's will tell you), its hard to fail. But you don't get an inspection until you're months in the property, and HAP isn't just cancelled if the property fails.
Don't worry about that side of it. IF the LL runs into trouble it means the property shouldn't be rented to anyone.
Thanks from:
22-08-2020, 21:02   #24
redarmyblues

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinkbomb View Post
Unless they apply to the transfer list, which literally every single person who gets HAP does. I actually work in this area, I can assure you that what I said is the truth.
And each LA has it own transfer list rules which all restrict the circumstances in which a tenant can move to enlargement of the household, disability and being a victim of anti social behavior. God help anybody relying on ASB to get a move.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion