Post Reply  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
14-03-2021, 20:08   #1
Ffff221
Banned
 
Ffff221's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2021
Posts: 43
Evidence that loyalist paramilitaries were being controlled by mi5

The Stevens inquiry an official British government inquiry set up after pressure from Europe about collusion, during his investigations, Stevens and his team arrested 210 paramilitary suspects, of whom, he said, 207 were MI5 agents.

During his investigation his offices and all his files burnt down in a mysterious fire, he was told by a senior RUC officer that the FRU had most likely done this (the main agency running agents in Northern Ireland) which despite being sent to investigate collusion he never even heard about the main agency responsible for it.

In relation to the Dublin Monaghan bombings At the time of the bombings, Colin Wallace was a
top British Intelligence Corps officer and a psychological warfare specialist at the British Army's Northern Ireland headquarters. Since his resignation in 1975, he has exposed scandals involving the security forces, including state collusion with loyalists and most famous of all he exposed the kincora boys scandal years before anyone else even mentioned it, He gave evidence to the Barron Inquiry

In an August 1975 letter to Tony Stoughton, chief of the British Army Information Service in Northern Ireland, Wallace writes:

There is good evidence the Dublin bombings in May last year were a reprisal for the Irish government's role in bringing about the [power sharing] Executive. According to one of Craig's people [Craig Smellie, the top MI6 officer in Northern Ireland], most of those involved – the Youngs, the Jacksons, Mulholland, Hanna, Kerr and McConnell – were working closely with [Special Branch] and [Military Intelligence] at that time. Craig's people believe the sectarian assassinations were designed to destroy Rees's attempts to negotiate a ceasefire, and the targets were identified for both sides by [Intelligence/Special Branch]. They also believe some very senior RUC officers were involved with this group. In short, it would appear that loyalist paramilitaries and [Intelligence/Special Branch] have formed some sort of pseudo gangs in an attempt to fight a war of attrition against the IRA by getting paramilitaries on both sides to kill each other and at the same time prevent any future political initiative.

In a further letter of September 1975, Wallace wrote that MI5 was backing a group of UVF hardliners who opposed the UVF's move toward politics. He added:

I believe most of the sectarian violence generated during the later part of the year was caused by some of the new [Intelligence] people deliberately stirring up the conflict. As you know, we have never been allowed to target the breakaway UVF, nor the UFF, during the past year. Yet they have killed more people than the IRA!
;
Mod Note: Please provide links to assist other posters to discuss.

Last edited by Manach; 15-03-2021 at 08:28. Reason: Mod Note
Ffff221 is offline  
Thanks from:
Advertisement
14-03-2021, 20:13   #2
Ffff221
Banned
 
Ffff221's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2021
Posts: 43
Hyff
Ffff221 is offline  
14-03-2021, 20:15   #3
U2erthy
Banned
 
U2erthy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2021
Posts: 21
Mi5 also had about 50 spies in the Ira
There's about 20 now still in it

Former police officer infiltrated New IRA’s high command over last eight years, it has emerged
Dennis McFadden infiltrated the New IRA’s high command over the last eight years, providing safe houses in Northern Ireland and Scotland that were in fact bugged by the Security Service while handing out free tickets for Celtic matches and drinks from the bar in his home.He played a central role in MI5’s Operation Arbacia, which culminated at the end of this summer with the arrest of nine suspected leading New IRA members, all of whom have been charged with directing acts of terrorism.The nine suspected New IRA figures charged with directing terrorism are Kevin Barry Murphy,50, Davy Jordan, 49, Damien McLaughlin, 44, Gary Hayden, 48, Joe Barr, 44, Shea Reynolds , 26, Paddy McDaid, 50, Sharon Jordan, 45, and Mandy Duffy, 49.10th suspect, Issam Bassalat, 62, a Palestinian doctor based in Scotland, has also been arrested and stands accused of preparation of terrorist acts. He was arrested at Heathrow airport in August. Bassalat claims he only made contact with republicans in Northern Ireland because he thought he was going over to speak at a Palestinian solidarity meeting in County Tyrone.McFadden had been an MI5 agent for more than two decades, initially infiltrating Sinn Féin and then, on orders from his handlers, making contact with violent republican dissidents shortly after the New IRA was founded in 2012As well as the arrests and the eventual presence of McFadden in the witness box to give evidence, his main achievement has been to sow paranoia and distrust within what is left of the New IRA,” the senior security source said. “The dissidents in Derry no longer trust the ones in Belfast and Tyrone who brought McFadden into their organisation. There are accusations of other informers in their ranks now. In terms of terrorist operations thwarted, captured weapons and good hard intelligence on this organisation, McFadden has dealt their morale a massive blow.”

Last edited by U2erthy; 14-03-2021 at 20:23.
U2erthy is offline  
14-03-2021, 20:53   #4
Del.Monte
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 11,790
Quote:
Originally Posted by U2erthy View Post
Mi5 also had about 50 spies in the Ira
There's about 20 now still in it

Former police officer infiltrated New IRA’s high command over last eight years, it has emerged
Dennis McFadden infiltrated the New IRA’s high command over the last eight years, providing safe houses in Northern Ireland and Scotland that were in fact bugged by the Security Service while handing out free tickets for Celtic matches and drinks from the bar in his home.He played a central role in MI5’s Operation Arbacia, which culminated at the end of this summer with the arrest of nine suspected leading New IRA members, all of whom have been charged with directing acts of terrorism.The nine suspected New IRA figures charged with directing terrorism are Kevin Barry Murphy,50, Davy Jordan, 49, Damien McLaughlin, 44, Gary Hayden, 48, Joe Barr, 44, Shea Reynolds , 26, Paddy McDaid, 50, Sharon Jordan, 45, and Mandy Duffy, 49.10th suspect, Issam Bassalat, 62, a Palestinian doctor based in Scotland, has also been arrested and stands accused of preparation of terrorist acts. He was arrested at Heathrow airport in August. Bassalat claims he only made contact with republicans in Northern Ireland because he thought he was going over to speak at a Palestinian solidarity meeting in County Tyrone.McFadden had been an MI5 agent for more than two decades, initially infiltrating Sinn Féin and then, on orders from his handlers, making contact with violent republican dissidents shortly after the New IRA was founded in 2012As well as the arrests and the eventual presence of McFadden in the witness box to give evidence, his main achievement has been to sow paranoia and distrust within what is left of the New IRA,” the senior security source said. “The dissidents in Derry no longer trust the ones in Belfast and Tyrone who brought McFadden into their organisation. There are accusations of other informers in their ranks now. In terms of terrorist operations thwarted, captured weapons and good hard intelligence on this organisation, McFadden has dealt their morale a massive blow.”

You could try using paragraphs if you want anybody to read all that - and a few links!
Del.Monte is offline  
(2) thanks from:
14-03-2021, 21:16   #5
Ffff221
Banned
 
Ffff221's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2021
Posts: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ffff221 View Post
The Stevens inquiry an official British government inquiry set up after pressure from Europe about collusion, during his investigations, Stevens and his team arrested 210 paramilitary suspects, of whom, he said, 207 were MI5 agents.

During his investigation his offices and all his files burnt down in a mysterious fire, he was told by a senior RUC officer that the FRU had most likely done this (the main agency running agents in Northern Ireland) which despite being sent to investigate collusion he never even heard about the main agency responsible for it.

In relation to the Dublin Monaghan bombings At the time of the bombings, Colin Wallace was a
top British Intelligence Corps officer and a psychological warfare specialist at the British Army's Northern Ireland headquarters. Since his resignation in 1975, he has exposed scandals involving the security forces, including state collusion with loyalists and most famous of all he exposed the kincora boys scandal years before anyone else even mentioned it, He gave evidence to the Barron Inquiry

In an August 1975 letter to Tony Stoughton, chief of the British Army Information Service in Northern Ireland, Wallace writes:

There is good evidence the Dublin bombings in May last year were a reprisal for the Irish government's role in bringing about the [power sharing] Executive. According to one of Craig's people [Craig Smellie, the top MI6 officer in Northern Ireland], most of those involved – the Youngs, the Jacksons, Mulholland, Hanna, Kerr and McConnell – were working closely with [Special Branch] and [Military Intelligence] at that time. Craig's people believe the sectarian assassinations were designed to destroy Rees's attempts to negotiate a ceasefire, and the targets were identified for both sides by [Intelligence/Special Branch]. They also believe some very senior RUC officers were involved with this group. In short, it would appear that loyalist paramilitaries and [Intelligence/Special Branch] have formed some sort of pseudo gangs in an attempt to fight a war of attrition against the IRA by getting paramilitaries on both sides to kill each other and at the same time prevent any future political initiative.

In a further letter of September 1975, Wallace wrote that MI5 was backing a group of UVF hardliners who opposed the UVF's move toward politics. He added:

I believe most of the sectarian violence generated during the later part of the year was caused by some of the new [Intelligence] people deliberately stirring up the conflict. As you know, we have never been allowed to target the breakaway UVF, nor the UFF, during the past year. Yet they have killed more people than the IRA!
This here is the weirdest thing about M15 in Ireland I seen in the previous 15 years https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SxszWn367pY

The informer was revealed for something else but there is a family who say their son (Brendan McFadden) is innocent and was wrongly convicted in a non jury trial for shooting a police officer in 2009.

The family started a justice watch and the MI5 agent was the one running the whole campaign appealing the conviction controlling all social media even refusing to give them the passwords.

The family didn't know he was anything to do with the IRA they're quoted saying in the video how nice they thought he was to volunteer and come all the way from Scotland to run our campaign and provide all these resources little did we know this was the hand of MI5.
Ffff221 is offline  
Advertisement
14-03-2021, 21:18   #6
Ffff221
Banned
 
Ffff221's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2021
Posts: 43
Anyway that's mediocre compared to what was going on during the troubles it's just weird to think about.
Ffff221 is offline  
14-03-2021, 21:21   #7
Dav010
Registered User
 
Dav010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 5,047
Why are you quoting yourself in your replies?
Dav010 is offline  
14-03-2021, 21:23   #8
Ffff221
Banned
 
Ffff221's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2021
Posts: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dav010 View Post
Why are you quoting yourself in your replies?
I made a mistake I meant to reply to the one underneath.
Ffff221 is offline  
15-03-2021, 13:02   #9
Terry136
Banned
 
Terry136's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2021
Posts: 16
Anyone who has read into the troubles knows that at least a sizeable portion of loyalist killings were proxy killings by the intelligence services.
Terry136 is offline  
Advertisement
15-03-2021, 21:03   #10
Ffff221
Banned
 
Ffff221's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2021
Posts: 43
Yes
Ffff221 is offline  
15-03-2021, 23:32   #11
Manach
Moderator
 
Manach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Posts: 8,909
MOD Note:
@ Ffff221.
Having two accounts post on the same thread violates the spirit of the History forum charter. Hence, please do not post on this thread again.
Manach is offline  
Thanks from:
16-03-2021, 08:24   #12
BalcombeSt4
Registered User
 
BalcombeSt4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 1,517
I am a Republican but this is really old news.

Brit Int was using Republicans as early as 1972 in the MRF with Cahill & Wright.
Or the Psy-ops with McGrogan & Heatherington, who were not militants but were hoods who under went training in explosives, and in anti-interrogation techniques in Susex, an they were sent back North into the prisons to spread dis-information, like when they pretend to break under Darkys interrogation & they started naming names who were of people also involved,but then later he went to the IRA leadership in prison & told them they had given names of people not involved informing to help spread paranoia & confusion in the jails.

Which was not exactly running the IRA but was a good way of manipulating them.
BalcombeSt4 is offline  
16-03-2021, 11:46   #13
riffmongous
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 10,928
Quote:
Originally Posted by BalcombeSt4 View Post
I am a Republican but this is really old news.

Brit Int was using Republicans as early as 1972 in the MRF with Cahill & Wright.
Or the Psy-ops with McGrogan & Heatherington, who were not militants but were hoods who under went training in explosives, and in anti-interrogation techniques in Susex, an they were sent back North into the prisons to spread dis-information, like when they pretend to break under Darkys interrogation & they started naming names who were of people also involved,but then later he went to the IRA leadership in prison & told them they had given names of people not involved informing to help spread paranoia & confusion in the jails.

Which was not exactly running the IRA but was a good way of manipulating them.
What's the source for those Balcombe? The Dirty War?
riffmongous is offline  
17-03-2021, 00:32   #14
BalcombeSt4
Registered User
 
BalcombeSt4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 1,517
Quote:
Originally Posted by riffmongous View Post
What's the source for those Balcombe? The Dirty War?
Boston College tapes. It's in ED Moloney's "Voices from the Grave Book" on Hughes which I have in font of me. It nwas a couple of weeks after the first H-Block went up. Hughes said it was a way of softening the pows up before the new Maze system. McGrogan told Hughes that his mission was to poison top Republicans in prison, and this was just after Lenny Murphy poisoned his cell mate.

As a Republican just thinking about it gives me chills more than the MRF, E4A, SAS or the Glenanne Gang.

Just to clarify I'm not a dissident Republican I just believe in some of the core Republican values (some) & defend the wars (1969 - 98) , (1919 -23) & (36 - 39)



in general.

Last edited by BalcombeSt4; 17-03-2021 at 07:27. Reason: Just to clarify
BalcombeSt4 is offline  
Thanks from:
17-03-2021, 11:07   #15
Edgware
Registered User
 
Edgware's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 5,809
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry136 View Post
Anyone who has read into the troubles knows that at least a sizeable portion of loyalist killings were proxy killings by the intelligence services.
"At least a sizeable" That many?
Edgware is offline  
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet