Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TEFL/CELTA/CELT answers...

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 stinsone

cookies221 wrote: »
    To those who have completed CELTA courses:

How many people failed the course in your class (if any)? In other words, how easy is it to fail? I understand the CELTA is very intensive and I'm motivated IOfand prepared to put the work in, but I've heard a lot of scare stories.

I'm particularly interested to hear from those who studied in the IH Dublin but responses about all schools welcome :)

Hey there
    As another poster said,you don't really know how the others in the class are doing or whether there are any failures on your course while doing the CELTA.I've just completed the IH Dublin CELTA, and it is bloody hard work. As a trained and experienced teacher, I was one of those who found it trickier to adapt my teaching methods to suit, and struggled with the course. However, the tutors are helpful, and supportive, and there was a great sense of fellow trainees helping each other along/supporting each other.

If you are thinking of doing the course, do make sure that your grammar is up to scratch: I didn't spend enough time brushing up on this before starting the course and found the assignments challenging as a result, as well as the grammar teaching practice. However, the TPs are great on this course, and at first it is a bit nerve wrecking to teach in front of five classmates and your tutor, but it becomes second nature really quickly.
    Also, be prepared to not have a life outside of CELTA for the month of the course, the tutors warn you of this at interview stage and it is true: lesson planning can take a very long time. It is a worthwhile course though, two of my classmates got work within a day of finishing the course!
    Best of luck with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 40 StradBally

This site will give you almost all the info you ever need on TEFL/TESOL etc

http://www.eslcafe.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 lmsunshine

Has anyone experience of doing this course in Dublin? Iv been told their is an interview and language awareness test-does anyone know what this would involve? thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Avery

Heya

I did a CELT course recently in Dublin. The "interview" was no more than an informal chat. Basically they want to see that you are enthusiastic and serious about it. It is an intensive course, fairly full-on, so I guess they want you to show them that you aren't going to bail after a few days.It definitely wasn't an interview in the traditional sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,420 ✭✭✭Dionysus

Avery wrote: »
    Heya

I did a CELT course recently in Dublin. The "interview" was no more than an informal chat. Basically they want to see that you are enthusiastic and serious about it. It is an intensive course, fairly full-on, so I guess they want you to show them that you aren't going to bail after a few days.It definitely wasn't an interview in the traditional sense.

There's your answer. It is an intense month.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

Strongly thinking about doing the CELT in International House. Is it worth the lay-out at the start or should I do a cheaper 'less-prestigious' one? I have a BA in English and Philosophy and an MA in English, would this improve my job opportunities?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,420 ✭✭✭Dionysus

griffdaddy wrote: »
    Strongly thinking about doing the CELT in International House. Is it worth the lay-out at the start or should I do a cheaper 'less-prestigious' one? I have a BA in English and Philosophy and an MA in English, would this improve my job opportunities?

You'll get your money back quick enough. The cheaper ones are not worth it, particularly if you want to teach in Ireland. The CELT is ACELS accredited and you will therefore be able to teach EFL in any state school as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

Dionysus wrote: »
    You'll get your money back quick enough. The cheaper ones are not worth it, particularly if you want to teach in Ireland. The CELT is ACELS accredited and you will therefore be able to teach EFL in any state school as well.

Thanks I think I'll go ahead with it. It annoys me how I'll have to give up Job Seekers Allowance to do it even though that would be the time I most need JSA and the course would more than likely lead to me being employed, uhhhh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Brimmy

Does anyone know any CELTA courses in Dublin that are starting at the beginning of September and not around the 10th? Everyone I can seem to find starts around the 10th. Seems a bit odd that all the schools would schedule them for the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 shugal

can anyone tell me if the year long post grad cert in TEFL that's offered by NUIG is equivalent to the CELTA qualification? there's 50 hrs of supervised teaching practice during the course and a portfolio has to be submitted as part of the course work. I've been told by the college that the qualification is not a CELTA award.
    ta

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 Tibbyaaa

Hi all,

I'm hoping to do TEFL course before Christmas this year and I'm just wondering which is the best- an Acels Celt or Celta? The Acels is cheaper and is taught out in the language school in Bray, has anyone been on this course?

Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Tibbyaaa wrote: »
    Hi all,

Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

I think that this question has been addresses several times in this thread :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 countrygirl11

Hi, TEFL have opened a new centre in Ireland and they offer a 4 week course! After the 4 weeks you have you are certified to teach in Ireland and all over the world. You should log on to their website and check it out, www.teflcorp.com. Hope this helps :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Yarbola

I am thinking about doing a Tefl course. The idea would be to using it to teaching English in South America. Can anyone recommend a course in Dublin ?? Would a 40hour course be enough to prep me for a job out there or do I need to do the course at all ??? Where would be the best place to base myself in South America ???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭cloneslad

There is a giant TEFL/CELTA etc thread on this forum.

But to give you a blunt answer, you're better off not doing a course as to do the 40 hour one. They are pretty useless if you have any knowledge of the English lnguage what so ever.

What qualifications do you have? A 40 hour TEFL cert isn't enough on its own, neither is any online TEFL qualification tbh.

There isn't good money to be made in S. America but there are a good few jobs over there. I know a few people who have been and a few who turned them down.

Do you want to travel all ove the continent?
    Get a long term job in one location?

Sometimes it best to get a job over there and try and build up a base of other jobs to provide extra income. Of course if you are moving around thw whole time both of these are difficult to arrange.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Hey guys,

Which colleges in Dublin offer Celta courses?

Have a B.Ed in Primary Teaching (no job so far) and would consider South Korea, Japan, and definitely S.America, though I hear it's difficult to get work in S.A.

I also hear that it's possible to get a job without a Celta/Tefl qualification in some countries. Is this true?

Thanks,

K.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Threads merged.

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭accaguest

Hi,

I am studying accountancy, through the ACCA body, and they have a Bsc programme whereby when you pass a certain amount of exams you can apply to complete a Bsc (by submitting a research project) from Oxford Brookes University.

Does anyone know if this type of degree can be used to gain entry to Korea/Japan/China? I'm not sure I'll technically have any 'university transcripts', just the results from the ACCA exams I sat.

It is a fully recognised degree, but achieved in a different way. Does anyone have any experience of applying without a university-attending degree?

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭aridion

I have 9 years esl teaching experience from Korea and Thailand.
    A few pointers;
    i-to-i is accepted in most asian countries. It does work and is accepted if you want to teach in Thai government schools and Korean Hogwans(language schools). However it would be difficult to get a well paid job in some of the top language schools in Thailand with only this as it is an online cert. (You do not need to have a tefl to teach in South Korea)
    The CELTA is a very worthwhile course to do as it is accepted everywhere.
    I would say that if you want to get some inkling of what it is to teach English to non native speakers then do the i-to-i. However if you want to gain a quality cert. with global recognition that is looked upon favourably by all educational institutions do the CELTA.
    I am considering doing the MA ELT in Limerick or an MA Tesol from the NUI'S.
    Anyone have any experience of either?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭cookies221

Two questions:

(1) Are there jobs for recently qualified CELTA graduates in Ireland? Even as a classroom assistant or something? A browse through job websites suggests no....not unless you have 2 years experience under your belt.

(2) If I go abroad, how much money do you suggest I have in my back pocket to help me get settled in my new country? I'll need enough to survive until my first pay cheque which could be after a month.

Finally a brief comment: I've read quite a bit of the TEFL in South Korea thread and it's a goldmine of info! Thanks to all contributors there. But are there any users of this forum who have taught English in South America and wish to share their experiences. (Difficulty in finding job, pay, culture shock etc)

• Advertisement

Hi guys and gals,

Just wanted to get peoples experiences of living and teaching in either Korea or Japan.

I am a Primary School Teaching Graduate with a little experience but can't find work here. Still applying but no joy yet.

So my questions would be:

1. Would I really need to do a Celta course or would the fact that I have a B.Ed suffice?

2. What's the work situation like in the 2 countries like at the moment?

3. What's the money like and would it be possible to save any at all?

4. Are paid flight over and back, and accommodation provided, standard perks or just if you're lucky?

5. Regarding Japan, is it possible to actually teach and not act as an assistant as on the Jet programme?

6. Are contracts offered all year round or at specific times?

7. What's the difference between Public sector pay and Private sector pay (and same question re holidays)

8. What's the food like?

9. Could I choose to teach secondary school even though my qualification is in primary?

10. Can you work for more than a year in either of these countries?

11. Overall, how did you rate living in Korea/Japan? Good experience?

That's all I can think of for now.

Thanks in advance for any info you can share :)

K.

PS Anyone ever teach in South America?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Thread merged with TEFL thread. Kraggy, you might also want to have a read of the thread dedicated to teaching in South Korea.

janeybabe wrote: »
    Thread merged with TEFL thread. Kraggy, you might also want to have a read of the thread dedicated to teaching in South Korea.

I was hoping to keep the new thread separate as it would serve as a clear one-stop place for directly relevant questions and answers pertaining to starting out in Korea and Japan.

Any chance of it being demerged? It takes ages to sift through the other threads as there are fights and disagreements and waffling that take up so much space (granted there is useful information too). But many of the questions I asked were not answered in that threas, thus starting my own.

kraggy wrote: »
    Hi guys and gals,

Just wanted to get peoples experiences of living and teaching in either Korea or Japan.

I am a Primary School Teaching Graduate with a little experience but can't find work here. Still applying but no joy yet.

So my questions would be:

1. Would I really need to do a Celta course or would the fact that I have a B.Ed suffice?

no, you don't need one. You will get a job easily enough without one.

Japan has always been hard to get a job in, mostly because of the visa situation. It can take up to a year to get one for the JET program. For Korea, there are lots of jobs going, but there are also lots of people searching. It's about making yourself available quickly and being seen as a good candidate.

I initially missed this question. so all the pay details are in question number 7. If your goal is to save money and you want to live a quiet life you could live of 400k a month including all bills and expenses.

If your goals is to have fun and relax while also saving money then you could live on 700-800k a month.

If you want to go get drunk always eat western food in restaurants and generally be in a pub drinking foreign beers when you go out then you would prob spend 1.2-1.5 a month.

I estimate that even after a trip to the philippines that I had last month, and enjoying myself for the past 6 months, not worrying about saving and having just bought my g.f a laptop yesterday and general over spending on football boots, running gear etc. I will save about 22million this year. which is just shy of €15,000. so, yeah, it's pretty easy to save.

If you make, lets say 2.2 a month for convenience sake. you will lose 200k on tax/pension/insurance etc. This leaves you with 2million.
    The you spend 500k a month, which is really easy for someone to live on if they want to save some money. (I know people living off less than 400k, I just couldn't be bothered) then you will save 1.5mill a month, multiply that by 12 give you 18million for the year, plus you get a bonus months salary for completing a contract. Add that to your savings you will have 20million saved easily.

20 million is €13,500

4. Are paid flight over and back, and accommodation provided, standard perks or just if you're lucky?

For Korea, it's all part of the job, employers must provide them. In japan, some places will help you out, but as far as I know they pay you and you pay your own expenses.

5. Regarding Japan, is it possible to actually teach and not act as an assistant as on the Jet programme?

Don't know. I'd imagine you would have to have some sort of ESL teaching qualification and be able to speak Japanese. The ability to speak the native language is great if you want to explain certain grammatical points.

In Korea you can get a contract anytime. Private schools are always hiring. Public schools have their main hiring periods to start teaching in September and March so recruiting takes places a few months prior to both inductions.

7. What's the difference between Public sector pay and Private sector pay (and same question re holidays)

It all depends on what school you teach at.

Public schools generally pay less. You would prob be on the 2million won a month pay salary. If you lived away from a big city you would get an extra 200k a month plus you may be able to get overtime and if you have to teach at more than one school you would get a bit more too.

Private schools will generally start at 2.1-2.2 a month. You could prob ask for 2.3 as you have a b.d but most prob won't care as you have no experience teachin over here.
    Public schools generally have longer holidays. With my private school this year I have a week off for summer, I will have a week off in 2 weeks for Korean thanksgiving (chuseok) and I will have a few days off over new year. Not sure of my lunar new year holidays yet though. Had a few days off in between for national holidays but most fell on the weekend this year.

Others in private schools next to me only got wed/thrs/fri/sat/sun for summer and will only get tue/wed/thu/ for chuseok.

Public holidays will be slightly longer, one of my mates got 2 weeks for summer and will get a week or 2 over christmas time. But he has to be in school 8:30 - 4:30. I only have to work 3_45 - 9 pn m/w/f and 3:30-7:10 tue/thurs.

These are all for korea, I have no idea on pay for Japan.

8. What's the food like?

Korean is awesome. I didn't think much of the japanese food each time I visited, but I don't like fish

9. Could I choose to teach secondary school even though my qualification is in primary?

Your teaching qualification doesn't get you the job. The fact you have a degree and are from Ireland is what gets you your visa. You don't need any teaching qualifications to teach in a public school, although your B.ed will look good on a c.v if an employer knows what it means.

We don't have secondary schools as such, it's elementary - middle- high school..

Yes, iin Korea you will just have to extend your visa if you stay at the same school, or if you change schools you will have to get a new one.

I think it's easy enough to stay on when in Japan, I know people who have been there for 3 years now.

That's all I can think of for now.

Thanks in advance for any info you can share :)

You're welcome

K.

PS Anyone ever teach in South America?

No, I know some people who did, it's difficult to get good jobs and they money is not good at all. If saving is your main worry, then come to korea.

cloneslad wrote: »

That's unbelievable information Clones. Thanks a million. Most detailed response I've got in a long time on here! :)

A few more questions if that's ok?

1. Do the schools pay for your utility bills as well as your rent?

2. Do you have to pay for your flight up front and then claim it back or do they look after it for you?

3. Can you book a flight that gets you there a few weeks before your start date to give you time to settle in?

4. Can you really live on that little amount of money per month in Seoul? Evne the generous amount you stated (800,000), is only 120 euro per week. Even with rent paid, this seems like a very cheap cost of living.

5. Could you tell me the price of the following few goods?

a. Casual bite to eat in non-fancy restaurant
    b. Pack of cigarettes
    c. Beer
    d. Sandwich
    e. Litre of Milk
    f. Loaf of Bread (or equivalent)
    g. Cinema ticket
    h. Any other examples you can think of?

I tried googling cost of living indices etc but the info was years old in many cases so something up to date from someone in the know would be very helpful.

Thanks again for you response above. Brilliant stuff.

K.

That's unbelievable information Clones. Thanks a million. Most detailed response I've got in a long time on here!

No, you will have to pay for them yourself.

The utility bills you will have to pay are:
    Gas
    Electricity
    Apartment fee (communal clean up, security, recycling, water)
    Cable tv (optional)
    Phone (optional)
    Internet (can’t live without it and it’s so damn fast)

The average cost for everything for the month would be about 80-90k (€60)

2. Do you have to pay for your flight up front and then claim it back or do they look after it for you?

Most schools will pay for them, though some may ask you to buy it yourself and you can get the money back when you go over.

My school didn’t want to book my flight as they knew I could get a better price from my side and that I would book whatever was convenient for me. So they sent me their credit card details through e-mail (I had previously worked at this school so this is very rare). They also wanted me to take a flight from Seoul to Busan and someone would pick me up there. This would have cost an extra €350 on the price of the flight. I refused and said I would take the bus from seoul.

3. Can you book a flight that gets you there a few weeks before your start date to give you time to settle in?

You can. In fact most good schools would have you come over a week before to observe some classes and get settled. However it’s not always possible as sometimes schools lose a teacher and are without one so when you come you will have to start teaching straight away.

Public schools generally won’t be able to accommodate you and you won’t know which one you are being hired for, should you get hired in the block hiring in march / sept. If you go over early then you would have to pay for your own accommodation.

Some private schools may not have anywhere to put you while you observe as they will only have enough apartments to cover teachers in the school so you would most likely end up in a love motel for a short while.

Oh and your visa is only valid for 365 days and your contract is also for that length of time so should you arrive 2 weeks before your contract start date you will have to get your boss to extend your visa so you can finish your contract and leave without over staying.

4. Can you really live on that little amount of money per month in Seoul? Evne the generous amount you stated (800,000), is only 120 euro per week. Even with rent paid, this seems like a very cheap cost of living.

Obviously Seoul can be expensive but yes, it’s very easy to do. If you live in seoul and go for western meals all the time and drink it up in the wealthy areas then no, you won’t save a lot.

However if you are a normal person, like me, then you can easily get buy on 800k.

Here’s an example, I did my weekly shopping tonight with my girlfriend. We bought Australian beef, cream cheese, 12 bagels, imported breakfast cereal, tortillas (which are all waaay more expensive than back home) as well as buying the usual milk, ham, vegetables, Gatorade, orange juice etc etc etc. The total shopping cost was 77,000. Now that’s for two people for a week. So it’s only 38,500 each which is about €25.

That will do us for the week. Obviously we will buy a bit more milk and possibly some bread but not much else. So you would still have at least €90 leftover to do as you pleased for the week.

Some people over here don’t even cook at home because you can get a dinner or lunch in the Korean cafe type restaurants for less than 5,000 (€3). So those living alone will tend to just eat there. Personally I like having some vegetables, fajitas and stuff like that too so I eat at home more often that out (which, if living alone would work out more expensive)

a. Casual bite to eat in non-fancy restaurant as I said, €3 will get you a dinner in a local kim bap nara (cafe type place). You can even get kim bap (rice, vegetable rolls wrapped in sea wees...like cheap sushi) for less than a euro and that would do you for lunch. I hate sea weed so I never eat it.

Even going out to the nice Korean bbq restaurants (galbi, samgyup sal) will cost about 8,000 (5.50) per person for a group of 3 or four people. It’s not expensive to eat out if you eat Korean food and Korean food is awesome (plus the side dishes are never ending)

b. Pack of cigarettes I don’t smoke but I think they are about 2,500 (1.70) a pack. The government recently announced plans to up the rice to 8,000 to cut down on the high number of smokers. I hope they do.

c. Beer Afain, I don’t drink either but from what I’ve seen when out with the lads. 4,000 will get you a pint (€2.70) in most bars, some may be slightly more expensive and some slightly cheaper. Lots of people here drink outside the family mart / 7/11 (convenience stores) as you can get a pitcher of beer (1600ml) for about 4,000 won. Also soju (google it, Koreas answer to vodka) is less than 1,000 for 750ml.

d. Sandwich dream on, you don’t get proper sandwiches here. They just can’t make them. You could get what they call sandwiches (premade, wrapped in plastic and prob containing crab or jam with the meat) for 1,800 won

e. Litre of Milk I buy 2,400 ml (low fat milk, more expensive) for 3,400won. (€2.20) Not sure what a litre of normal milk is.

f. Loaf of Bread (or equivalent) I just buy small loaves (half loaf back home) in the bakeries for 2,000won. You can get the pre packaged bigger loaves of bread in supermarkets but it’s not nice and very sweet...don’t know the price.

g. Cinema ticket 8,000won I go there often, I go often at home too. The cinemas here are much more comfortable. Popcorn, for a medium will cost you about 3,000 (€2) which is much much cheaper than back home.

h. Any other examples you can think of?

Gyms can run anywhere from 60,000 to 100,000 for the month. The better ones contain a spa area with steam rooms, sauna, hot baths, cold baths, green tea baths etc.

Shoes are about the same price as back home. I paid 150,000 (€100) for my asics runners over here. I have paid more for running shoes back home so it’s not too bad, plus they were the correct ones for my running form so I was happy to get them.

Clothes are a pain to get the right size for. I generally buy enough clothes to keep me going when I’m at home then I buy some t-shirts other tops out here when I need them.

Meat is expensive and is pretty crap in comparison to back home. You won’t be finding any nice steaks in the supermarket....and I don’t mean at an affordable price, I mean you won’t find them. Also minced beef is expensive, costing about 17,000 (€12 for pre packaged 900g shoddy looking beef)

I tried googling cost of living indices etc but the info was years old in many cases so something up to date from someone in the know would be very helpful.

Thanks again for you response above. Brilliant stuff.

K.

Hope this helps especially as I stupidly hit the 'back' button on my mouse and lost everything I had typed when it went back to the previous page :(

I was already down as far as the cost of milk when it happened

• Registered Users Posts: 3,589 ✭✭✭Tristram

My answers relate to Japan

Most English language teaching positions in Japan require an English language teaching qualification. CELTA is the basic one. There are some positions in private schools and international schools for qualified teachers. I have met one Irish guy who works at such a school in Tokyo.

Japanese economy is the third biggest in the world but it still faces a lot of problems. In some ways EFL is insulated as there will always be a demand, especially as more Japanese companies are seeking employees with some level of English.

Simple answer, yes. Varies hugely from job to job and place to place in terms of pay and savings.

Certainly not just if you are lucky. Many positions offer at least something towards the cost of flights.

Yes. There are many private alternatives to the JET programme.

School year starts in March. Most hiring will take place before then. However there are positions to be filled all year round.

Depends what part of the private sector you work in. If you are teaching business English you will make more money than most.

8. What's the food like?

I love it. I like trying new foods and the diet here is very healthy.

Yes, but it would be easier for you to find a job in a private language school.

Yes.

Best days of my life.
    That's unbelievable information Clones. Thanks a million. Most detailed response I've got in a long time on here! :)

Some schools might deduct these bills from your salary instead of you going to a store and paying them yourself but you will pay for what you use.

Varies.

Usually not if you want something towards your flight cost.

a. Casual bite to eat in non-fancy restaurant
    Depends what you want. Can have decent dinner for under 7 euro
    b. Pack of cigarettes
    Just under 3 euro
    c. Beer
    Cans for in or around the 2.50 mark. Beers out can vary quite a bit. If you are paying as you go you might 5-6 euro a go. Most places have a flat fee you pay for all you can drink for an allotted time.
    d. Sandwich
    Not like sandwiches at home. Can get them in convenience stores for 2.50
    e. Litre of Milk
    Dont drink milk here.
    f. Loaf of Bread (or equivalent)
    Bread is crap so dont eat it.
    g. Cinema ticket
    About 14 euro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Oceanswings

This thread is great!.

I would love to move to Japan within the next year to teach English. Right now I work full time and I'd like to do a TEFL/ CELT course which can offer as much teaching experience as possible around a 40 hour week.

I've been looking at the 140 hour course on TEFL Ireland's website (i-to-i) which combines one weekend. From what I've read on here, online courses just are not worth it. One weekend seems very little also. My budget is as close to 500e as possible.

I do not have any teaching experience. My education includes an honours degree and a masters (design/art history related).

For Japan, would the 140 hour online combined course be a good investment or a waste of money? or is the CELT actually commonly recognised over there and worth the extra money?

Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,589 ✭✭✭Tristram

I’m still surprised by how often this question comes up. The CELTA is a huge advantage as it is internationally recognised. Maybe think of it as the industry standard for entry level EFL.

• Advertisement

Clonelad and Tristram, thanks a million for all that information.

Obviously when one gets some information, it triggers other questions so could I also ask the following?

Cloneslad:

1. Would the hours you work be standard or would most teachers work more or less?

2. Which sector is easiest to get a job in? Private colleges? Or Public Schools? If Public schools, elementary, middle or high?

3. Is there a lot to do in Seoul? ( I realise you live in Busan but maybe you've spent time in Seoul?)

4. What site would be good for looking for work?

5. The holidays you mentioned, is that all you get? A few days off for the whole summer and winter? Is there no block of time off like our summer holidays?

Tristram:

1. What would be typical pay for the different jobs?

2. What would be typical hours?

3. Which sector is easiest to get a job in? Private colleges? Or Public Schools? If Public schools, elementary, middle or high?

4. What site would be good for looking for work?

5. Is Tokyo simply too expensive to live in or does the pay compensate for the higher cost of living?

Thanks again to you both.

K.

Advertisement