Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage Broker Recommendations

Options
  • 28-09-2020 12:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Hi all,

Myself and my partner have been saving up a deposit for the last 18 months and we're looking to find a suitable broker in the next month or two, but we've no idea where to start really. We're both civil servants based in south Dublin, so a broker who deals with ICS would be good.

Preferably we'd like to sit down with a broker that has a good track record of getting exemptions for the lending rules. We know the exemption situation will probably be a bit precarious with all the effects of Covid, but nothing ventured nothing gained!

As far as we know, some brokers charge a fee and others are paid a commission by the bank. We'd prefer to speak with one that isn't charging us a fee but we're open to all options if it gets us a better deal.

If anyone could PM us recommendations or any other advice we'd really appreciate it :)

Thanks all!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭pooch90

Finance Solutions in Lucan have great reviews and deal with ICS. They get their fee from the lender AFAIK.
    I wouldn't hold my breath for exemptions but they seem to have their finger on the pulse with regards who is offering exemptions.
    ICS have a massive backlog so apply well ahead of when you think you want approval. We are currently waiting 6 weeks for AIP :(

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭BrosnanL27

KBH2020 wrote: »
    Hi all,

Myself and my partner have been saving up a deposit for the last 18 months and we're looking to find a suitable broker in the next month or two, but we've no idea where to start really. We're both civil servants based in south Dublin, so a broker who deals with ICS would be good.

Preferably we'd like to sit down with a broker that has a good track record of getting exemptions for the lending rules. We know the exemption situation will probably be a bit precarious with all the effects of Covid, but nothing ventured nothing gained!

As far as we know, some brokers charge a fee and others are paid a commission by the bank. We'd prefer to speak with one that isn't charging us a fee but we're open to all options if it gets us a better deal.

If anyone could PM us recommendations or any other advice we'd really appreciate it :)

Thanks all!

I couldn't recommend Jimmy Ambrose enough. On the ball all the time and has really good contacts with banks. He gets his fee as commission from the bank.
    https://jafinancial.ie

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭bobbyy gee

• Registered Users Posts: 23,297 ✭✭✭✭ted1

bobbyy gee wrote: »

I started the move to avantbank last week. 1.95% fixed for 7 years

Advertisement